The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

FightingFool

Hated Battle Wizard 1st but later started to love it. I think it`s far better than super inframan. Tien Ni is extremely charming and there is giant ape to be fought among other good things. 88 br would be welcomed.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

Hated Battle Wizard 1st but later started to love it. I think it`s far better than super inframan. Tien Ni is extremely charming and there is giant ape to be fought among other good things. 88 br would be welcomed.

There is a German blu ray

• Like 3

FightingFool
9 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

There is a German blu ray

Yes but I think there was not english subs listed when saw it at dtm some years ago. And even if there would be subs, while fun movie it`s not kind of want to pay over 30€+shipping for upgrading.

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 3/17/2022 at 6:15 AM, legendarycurry said:

I recently started buying Blurays and I discovered that 88 films Blurays are available in Region B, so now my shopping list has grown exceptionally :D I especially hope I can get a copy of the Armor of God special edition, money is a little tight right now so I hope to buy it at a later date. Anyone here own it? Is it as awesome as it seems?

On 3/17/2022 at 12:12 PM, Drunksnake said:

The Armour Of God set is awesome, as is The Young Master set. AOG has a cool new hybrid audio track too and is packed with great extras and commentaries.

@legendarycurry the ARMOUR OF GOD (and THE YOUNG MASTER) Blu-ray releases from 88 Films are IMO the best releases on any physical media of any Jackie Chan films. Knowing how big a fan you are, I'd say they are both absolutely "must haves".

On 3/17/2022 at 6:17 AM, WaverBoy said:

@KUNG FU BOB, you’ve outdone yourself YET AGAIN. ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks very much! :bigsmile:

• Like 8

Super Ninja

Don't know what's the reason, but I welcome 88 Films' decision to cut down the shipping prices. For a while it was 14£ for Europe, reason why I decided to preorder their releases from zavvi. Now I might get back to chasing points at their site.

With the 10 year anniversary sale, the total for my order was ridicilous. I finally got The Mercenary and decided to check out Karate Warrior. I pretty much have everything I wanted, but I might get more stuff before the sale ends. 

Edited by Super Ninja
  • Like 3

legendarycurry
5 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

@legendarycurry the ARMOUR OF GOD (and THE YOUNG MASTER) Blu-ray releases from 88 Films are IMO the best releases on any physical media of any Jackie Chan films. Knowing how big a fan you are, I'd say they are both absolutely "must haves".

Thanks very much! :bigsmile:

That seals the deal for me Bob! Now they are on the top of my "must-have" list :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Super Ninja said:

Don't know what's the reason, but I welcome 88 Films' decision to cut down the shipping prices. For a while it was 14£ for Europe, reason why I decided to preorder their releases from zavvi. Now I might get back to chasing points at their site.

With the 10 year anniversary sale, the total for my order was ridicilous. I finally got The Mercenary and decided to check out Karate Warrior. I pretty much have everything I wanted, but I might get more stuff before the sale ends. 

They haven’t cut their shipping prices to the US, have they?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FightingFool said:

Yes but I think there was not english subs listed when saw it at dtm some years ago. And even if there would be subs, while fun movie it`s not kind of want to pay over 30€+shipping for upgrading.

100% no English Audio or subs on the German Blu for Battle Wizard.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

legendarycurry

RIP my wallet :( . My bank account is crying, but at the very least it will be crying to the tune of "Kung Fu Fighting Man" and "Lorelai/Flight Of The Dragon" because I bought Armour Of God Special Edition and The Young Master from 88 films! threw in Spiritual Boxer too. I blame whoever it was that first wrote that they had a 25% off sale lol :D

• Like 8

1 hour ago, legendarycurry said:

RIP my wallet :( . My bank account is crying, but at the very least it will be crying to the tune of "Kung Fu Fighting Man" and "Lorelai/Flight Of The Dragon" because I bought Armour Of God Special Edition and The Young Master from 88 films! threw in Spiritual Boxer too. I blame whoever it was that first wrote that they had a 25% off sale lol :D

Did you get the special edition of THE YOUNG MASTER? I hope so — that invaluable book is a must, it traces Jackie’s early career in much-needed detail!

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

35 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

Did you get the special edition of THE YOUNG MASTER? I hope so — that invaluable book is a must, it traces Jackie’s early career in much-needed detail!

The special edition is out of print, it was limited to a few thousand copies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just wanted to chime in and say how great The Young Master and Armour of God limited editions are. They are so so so amazing. And the artwork is just out of the planet!

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja
11 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

They haven’t cut their shipping prices to the US, have they?

If I remember correctly, @Drunken Monk recently mentioned in his post he paid 15£ for US so I guess the answer is no.

• Like 1

legendarycurry
8 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

They didn't have that edition sadly over at 88 films. At least not when I bought it. That does sound great though! I got the edition that just has the 2 discs. I'm happy about the extra fearures and versions so it should be nice either way : )

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
4 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

If I remember correctly, @Drunken Monk recently mentioned in his post he paid 15£ for US so I guess the answer is no.

I paid £15 for three movies so I'm not sure how much it is for one. Bet long story short, they're still charging a hefty sum.

• Like 1

actionfan93
4 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Well this is exciting…

571F78DD-D403-4F02-8E0A-0951B6D88213.jpeg

its a 4k restoration but will be a bluray and also its to be a box set of Tiger Cage 1-3

• Like 5

Drunken Monk
7 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

its a 4k restoration but will be a bluray and also its to be a box set of Tiger Cage 1-3

Has that been confirmed?

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

actionfan93
2 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Has that been confirmed?

that is what Frank Djeng said its a 4k restoration but will be on a bluray and as for the 1-3 being confirmed its being currently talked about in the Hong Kong Cinema Society Appreciation Facebook group with another person who's confirmed the trilogy is coming

• Like 7

Master with OK Fingers
On 3/16/2022 at 8:30 PM, Drunksnake said:

FB_IMG_1647462530430.jpg.c494e62d43905e35003741ac318ea119.jpg

I like how Jackie Chan keeps top billing! lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

FightingFool
On 3/25/2022 at 3:05 AM, actionfan93 said:

that is what Frank Djeng said its a 4k restoration but will be on a bluray and as for the 1-3 being confirmed its being currently talked about in the Hong Kong Cinema Society Appreciation Facebook group with another person who's confirmed the trilogy is coming

I wish it`s not a boxset. Want just part#2, haven`t seen 3rd but seems reputation is not that good. 1st is not bad movie but Donnie is underused and it`s type of flick don`t necessary need to see third time ever.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FightingFool said:

I wish it`s not a boxset. Want just part#2, haven`t seen 3rd but seems reputation is not that good. 1st is not bad movie but Donnie is underused and it`s type of flick don`t necessary need to see third time ever.

I’m glad it’s a box set, great way to pick up the whole series which I definitely want to do, haven’t seen any of them yet but am greatly looking forward to it!

• Like 6

legendarycurry
13 hours ago, FightingFool said:

As someone who has seen them all, I think TC2 is the better martial arts movie, TC1 is the better crime film and TC3 is a solid mix between the two genres.

I rate them: TC1: 7/10, TC2: 10/10 and TC3 6/10.

1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

I’m glad it’s a box set, great way to pick up the whole series which I definitely want to do, haven’t seen any of them yet but am greatly looking forward to it!

I'm glad they are doing a box set too because I think all three movies are good and Tiger Cage 2 in particular is a great one.

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
13 hours ago, FightingFool said:

1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

55 minutes ago, legendarycurry said:

As someone who has seen them all, I think TC2 is the better martial arts movie, TC1 is the better crime film and TC3 is a solid mix between the two genres.

I actually rank 'Tiger Cage' and 'Tiger Cage 3' over the 2nd starring vehicle for Donnie Yen.  Too much grating comedy, compared to the gritty crime feel the 1st and 3rd entries come with, but none of them deserve less than 7/10 for sure. There are plenty of opinions on the trilogy in this thread - 

• Like 6