The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Powers-That-Be at 88 Films…if you’re listening…or if anyone here in contact with you is listening…and if you do plan to release MAGNIFICENT BODYGUARDS on 3D Blu-ray…please please PLEASE partner with Bob Furmanek and his crackerjack team over at the 3D Film Archive. They are the experts in their field, and they know how to properly correct misalignments and other issues during the restoration of 3D film elements. If the 3DFA is involved in a 3D Blu-ray release, you can be sure you’ll end up with the finest results possible. Their résumé speaks for itself.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 9

Drunken Monk

It's weird that Hero doesn't have a pre-order up on Amazon.com. Or at least not one I can find. Human Lanterns does and that gets released after Hero.

• Like 2

Received these today

On 3/14/2022 at 4:07 PM, saltysam said:

Got despatch notices for Monkey Kung Fu & Shaolin Mantis.Should be here this week hopefully.

• Like 3

legendarycurry

I recently started buying Blurays and I discovered that 88 films Blurays are available in Region B, so now my shopping list has grown exceptionally :D I especially hope I can get a copy of the Armor of God special edition, money is a little tight right now so I hope to buy it at a later date. Anyone here own it? Is it as awesome as it seems?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

I recently started buying Blurays and I discovered that 88 films Blurays are available in Region B, so now my shopping list has grown exceptionally :D I especially hope I can get a copy of the Armor of God special edition, money is a little tight right now so I hope to buy it at a later date. Anyone here own it? Is it as awesome as it seems?

The Armour Of God set is awesome, as is The Young Master set. AOG has a cool new hybrid audio track too and is packed with great extras and commentaries.

• Like 6

legendarycurry
28 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

The Armour Of God set is awesome, as is The Young Master set. AOG has a cool new hybrid audio track too and is packed with great extras and commentaries.

That's great new! I just hope it doesn't sell out by the time I have the funds :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, legendarycurry said:

That's great new! I just hope it doesn't sell out by the time I have the funds :D

In the case of the AOG set I feel a second mortgage is definitely worth it

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

You would think they'd get stuff like this right at this point.

mkfbackcover.png.7d4e2ca342ad9fefa27abbb4ec48b62b.png

With that said, I'm obviously getting this as it is one of my favorite Shaw Kung Fu comedies, almost up there with Five Superfighters. Reportedly I also get a namecheck on the commentary so I should probably own a copy of my one, meagre "claim to fame" :bs_smile:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

25% sale over at the 88 Films site right now, runs until the 28th March. I guess I will get an order in for Shaolin Mantis and Monkey Kung Fu this month then. :laugh

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

11 minutes ago, WJA said:

25% sale over at the 88 Films site right now, runs until the 28th March. I guess I will get an order in for Shaolin Mantis and Monkey Kung Fu this month then. :laugh

Uuuu yeah. Also for preorders?

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

With that said, I'm obviously getting this as it is one of my favorite Shaw Kung Fu comedies, almost up there with Five Superfighters. Reportedly I also get a namecheck on the commentary so I should probably own a copy of my one, meagre "claim to fame" :bs_smile:

They also have put the names back to front. And Money Kung Fu...don't think I've seen that one!

• Like 4

Drunken Monk

If anyone missed out of the The Spiritual Boxer Blu Ray, it’s currently £4.99 on 88 Films’ site. Use the 25% off code and you’re getting yourself a bargain!

To be honest, I’m not really sure it’s a bargain because I’ve never seen it. But I just bought it, Heroes Shed No Tears and The Oily Maniac. Got a nice £8 discount.

Shipping costs to the US still suck. £15!!!

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
2 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

They also have put the names back to front. And Money Kung Fu...don't think I've seen that one!

Well the name thing I'm use to from everyone who thinks using IMDB for HK film info is a wise choice.... it is not.

Lol.... hadn't even seen the MONEY Kung Fu thing, nice catch.

• Like 3

On 3/16/2022 at 9:30 PM, Drunksnake said:

FB_IMG_1647462530430.jpg.c494e62d43905e35003741ac318ea119.jpg

WOOOOOOW !!!! GREEAAAAAAT ! I was hesitating to pre-order this, but now that I see this cover, I'm almost decided to get it !!!

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

5 hours ago, WJA said:

I don't see it, could you send the link, please ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

They also mistyped Monkey as "Money" in the second paragraph.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I don't see it, could you send the link, please ?

It is listed on the banner on their home page. When at checkout enter the promo code  HAPPY10

10th_1400x.jpg?v=1647522427

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Embarrassing. The lack of QC of some of the recent releases from 88 and Eureka is confounding.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WJA said:

It is listed on the banner on their home page. When at checkout enter the promo code  HAPPY10

10th_1400x.jpg?v=1647522427

Thanks. I didn't see that when I checked the site yesterday, but maybe it's because I directly went to the Asian movies page. I'll take a look again today.

• Like 2

I just found out this SB movie existed! Another Danny Lee psychotronic wonder, looks like it would make a perfect quadruple feature with The Super Inframan, The Mighty Peking Man and The Oily Maniac! When is 88 gonna bless us with a Blu? I gotta have it! This one is now tops on my SB want list.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1