The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

21 minutes ago, DiP said:

I got the US bluray but there's a good reason to double-dip... Not just the superior picture but also for having lossless 5.1 audio, something the US bluray lacks. Here's hoping for the same extras though.

Maybe some Mike and Arnie commentary????

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I'm losing track of release dates for 88, aren't Shaolin Mantis & Monkey Kung Fu up next?

These still aren’t up for preorder on Amazon US…???

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

And in 4K, no less! I bought the MVD release but I’ll definitely pick this one up.

5A5C42DC-14FB-47F8-8273-5B5D5B732B12.jpeg

Nice cover !

• Like 2

On 12/23/2021 at 12:02 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Anyone want to take a swing at what some of these upcoming 88 Films releases might be?

1E312388-AE8F-4A3A-A883-AFA19A9406D2.jpeg

Bringing this list of hints back up as it seems like the circled clues are going to be receiving a 4K UHD release (e.g. the circled "D" is for the Drive 4K release). I wouldn't be surprised if "DF" was a 4K release for Dragons Forever...

• Like 4

Can someone summarize in short, whag kind of movies "the seventh curse" and "drive" is?? Are they (nice) martial arts movies?

Worth picking up?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

Can someone summarize in short, whag kind of movies "the seventh curse" and "drive" is?? Are they (nice) martial arts movies?

Worth picking up?

Drive is one of Mark Dacascos very best he's made.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Drive is one of Mark Dacascos very best he's made.

Ok there is a fightesque scene where monks attack some other people in the seventh curse but it looks like this is definitely not my cup of tea.

Drive looks interesting though. I dont know anything about it but i'll check it out.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

Ok there is a fightesque scene where monks attack some other people in the seventh curse but it looks like this is definitely not my cup of tea.

Drive looks interesting though. I dont know anything about it but i'll check it out.

You should, It's cooler than Rush Hour so much, Rush Hour wishes it was as cool as Drive.  I highly recommend it being one of Mark Dacascos very best playing  a man named Toby Wong.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I have no idea why they would bother but MVD have announced that they too will be putting out a UHD release of Drive.

2E174F27-8E76-4578-88D5-03FACF77AF03.jpeg

Yeah....and this has nothing to do with 88 releasing their verison of the 4K being one uped here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

What a GREAT cover !

Yes..seems like one of best hk movie posters ever. Whoever is doing new artwork, it will be extremely hard to top that.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, FightingFool said:

Yes..seems like one of best hk movie posters ever. Whoever is doing new artwork, it will be extremely hard to top that.

That likeness on the cast looks epic!

• Like 3

• Administrator
20 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

What a GREAT cover !

12 hours ago, FightingFool said:

3 hours ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

That likeness on the cast looks epic!

That's the original Hong Kong theatrical poster for THE KILLER METEORS, and yes, it is epic cool! I'm not sure of the artist's name, but they did lots of poster art back in the day. Based on the style and technique it looks like the same artist that did other classic painted posters like THE NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN and SHAOLIN MANTIS.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

That's the original Hong Kong theatrical poster for THE KILLER METEORS, and yes, it is epic cool! I'm not sure of the artist's name, but they did lots of poster art back in the day. Based on the style and technique it looks like the same artist that did other classic painted posters like THE NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN and SHAOLIN MANTIS.

I was admiring that cover from Drive. It captured the likeness of the cast members so well. Besides Mark of course.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yo! What’s up, been a long time. So I’m umming and ahing over the upcoming Black Cat release. Obviously in an ideal world I would pick up everything but money is tight and there’s so much coming up I might have to prioritise a little. I’ve never seen it but it kinda looks a bit cheap and not particularly exciting? No great action/stunts etc. Am I in the wrong?

Edited by Ramji
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

That's the original Hong Kong theatrical poster for THE KILLER METEORS, and yes, it is epic cool! I'm not sure of the artist's name,

His name is Chen Zi Fu.

• Like 5