The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

International one has been out for years,would be a pointless release. I think Rumble would come first, given it was a big box office hit stateside.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 2

Just now, saltysam said:

International one has been out for years,would be a pointless release. I think Rumble would come first, given it was a big box office hit stateside.

the hints out there say First Strike is the next one coming potentially no word so far on Rumble in the bronx it may be coming as well this year but no info on it so far that I've seen

• Like 2

3 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

the hints out there say First Strike is the next one coming potentially no word so far on Rumble in the bronx it may be coming as well this year but no info on it so far that I've seen

I haven't seen any hints,just assumptions that as Warner have released Mr Nice Guy & DM 2 these may come next. Which would be a fair assumption.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I haven't seen any hints,just assumptions that as Warner have released Mr Nice Guy & DM 2 these may come next. Which would be a fair assumption.

well I got a message from someone that interviewed George Feltenstein of the Warner Archive that First Strike is on the 2022 schedule but they couldn't say anymore than that I have since asked about Rumble in the Bronx but no response yet

• Like 2

4 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

That's what some have assumed is the next Jackie Chan flim to be released. Hopefully they include both cuts, including it's HK Cut. I do want them to release Rumble in the Bronx but only if the HK cut is included.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

That's what some have assumed is the next Jackie Chan flim to be released. Hopefully they include both cuts, including it's HK Cut. I do want them to release Rumble in the Bronx but only if the HK cut is included.

check my post above its confirmed to be coming this year I have asked about Rumble in the Bronx no response so far

• Like 2

1 hour ago, actionfan93 said:

check my post above its confirmed to be coming this year I have asked about Rumble in the Bronx no response so far

I saw it, Of course he can't say anything about Rumble in The Bronx but you know someday it will be released. Not suprised on First Strike as i assumed it would be next inbetween that and Rumble in the Bronx.  I would be suprised if they released Thunderbolt which is the only other JC flim to be released on blu-ray.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 10:23 PM, Drunken Monk said:

10ED2884-EF6B-4389-BA56-B001472567F6.jpeg

Another box ticked. Only a handful of his earlier films to go.

Edited by Rubber John
  • Like 11

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

tTuaYDn_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I really dig this artwork. :bigsmile:

This release is going to include multiple versions of the film too! It's a hell of a crazy ride. Bonkers! Looking forward to seeing this one with the 88 Films' treatment. :nerd:

2 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

A4C5EE0E-BCE7-4D86-921E-DFB9AFFCCBAA.jpeg

New cover art coming soon for this brawler of a film! :angel:

• Like 11

I wish 88 Films was like Eureka and would put their films up for pre-order the day they're announced. I hate having to wait around for these films to become available to order. I imagine Human Lanterns might be first since that has a May release.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saltysam said:

I'm losing track of release dates for 88, aren't Shaolin Mantis & Monkey Kung Fu up next?

I think they might be March and April while Human Lanterns is scheduled for May. God knows what happens after that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Drive is getting released by 88 flims

imageedit_1_4284427119.jpg

I got the US bluray but there's a good reason to double-dip... Not just the superior picture but also for having lossless 5.1 audio, something the US bluray lacks. Here's hoping for the same extras though.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 4

What is the deal with the £24.99 Amazon prices on stuff like HaLoKF? Is this a mistake or a Deluxe Edition?

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

AA61B956-858A-4389-B82A-6C17FB5786C2.jpeg

So what's left after this?
Magnificent Bodyguards, Fantasy Mission Force, Fearless Hyena 2 and then hopefully a Master With Cracked Fingers mega set.

• Like 5