The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

Rumble isn’t one of my faves but I do like it ok; to me it’s the first sign of Jackie’s decline, but it does have some great stuff in it and I’d definitely preorder an uncut remastered version with proper subs for the Cantonese bits. Haven’t seen it in quite a while and would enjoy a revisit.

Rumble still holds out, but i know what you mean.   I still don't think Warners will bother to allow 88 to have the rights to do their own release. If any i want them to do Drunken Master 2 giving it the Young Master and Armour of God treatment with Kung Fu Bob's artwork with audio commetaries by Big Mike,  Arne Venema. Frank  Djeng.  Brandon Bentley, Kung Bob.     

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 2

13 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Rumble still holds out, but i know what you mean.   I still don't think Warners will bother to allow 88 to have the rights to do their own release. If any i want them to do Drunken Master 2 giving it the Young Master and Armour of God treatment with Kung Fu Bob's artwork with audio commetaries by Big Mike,  Arne Venema. Frank  Djeng.  Brandon Bentley, Kung Bob.     

of Warner's titles It was always Who Am I, Mr Nice Guy and First Strike as my 3 favorites hopefully in 2022 Who Am I and First Strike get great blu ray releases from Warner Archive if 88 could get them not sure how far they'd go with Who Am I or First Strike whether either would get the deluxe treatment Dragons forever and others have gotten

• Like 3

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

of Warner's titles It was always Who Am I, Mr Nice Guy and First Strike as my 3 favorites hopefully in 2022 Who Am I and First Strike get great blu ray releases from Warner Archive if 88 could get them not sure how far they'd go with Who Am I or First Strike whether either would get the deluxe treatment Dragons forever and others have gotten

Let's put it this way, If 88 Flims had the rights to those JC Flims. They would get the best releases better than Warners would,  as much as i am glad they included  the hk verisons of DM2 and Mr. Nice Guy.  I felt they should'ev gotten the better treatment releases.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Angel (1987) in HD when?

i would say 2022 for sure, as things are going for UK and for Germany currently.

(Part 2 & 3 also)

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, spannick said:

i would say 2022 for sure, as things are going for UK and for Germany currently.

(Part 2 & 3 also)

When will we see Killer Angels and In the line of duty 1-4 will there be many other girls with guns or just the most well-known?

I am hoping 88 gets angel and Killer Angels and In the line of duty 1-4

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

When will we see Killer Angels and In the line of duty 1-4 will there be many other girls with guns or just the most well-known?

I am hoping 88 gets angel and Killer Angels and In the line of duty 1-4

Dreaming the Reality & Queen's High are 100% sure restored 2k ready for at least Germany 2022.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, spannick said:

Dreaming the Reality & Queen's High are 100% sure restored 2k ready for at least Germany 2022.

So I assume only most well known ones will get restored 2k releases and we won't see the lesser known ones such as princess madam and others

Shocked about dreaming the reality never thought I'd see it on the list but I hope killer angels is coming and hope there is alot more girls with guns coming in 2022 and beyond 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

So I assume only most well known ones will get restored 2k releases and we won't see the lesser known ones such as princess madam and others

Shocked about dreaming the reality never thought I'd see it on the list but I hope killer angels is coming and hope there is alot more girls with guns coming in 2022 and beyond 

Princess Madam & Angel Enforcers are remastered also but there are material issues with the rights holder for now.

Edited by spannick
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, spannick said:

Princess Madam & Angel Enforcers are remastered also but there are material issues with the rights holder for now.

very interesting didn't think we'd see Princess Madam hope they can get it released but that is pretty much most of the the best ones out there isn't it the only missing ones are Beauty Investigator,Angel Mission,City Cops,Angel Force,and Mission of Condor but there's probably not high chances for any of those and I assume Killer angels will be coming soon also will these include english dubs and I assume She Shoots Straight will be coming later on as well I hope there are a lot girls with guns coming for 2022 I am hoping In the line of duty 1-4 will be ready for 2022 as well as Killer angels especially since you mentioned Angel my favorite is coming in 2022

Are any of these girls with guns to release in the UK via 88 films or other labels in 2022 and beyond or just Germany

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 3

If YES MADAM! gets remastered, I really hope the footage cut before the theatrical release is still extant and can be included somehow, hopefully as a viewing option but at least as an extra, although I fear it may be an Eastern Condors situation…the long-missing footage from that is a holy grail of mine.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

If YES MADAM! gets remastered, I really hope the footage cut before the theatrical release is still extant and can be included somehow, hopefully as a viewing option but at least as an extra, although I fear it may be an Eastern Condors situation…the long-missing footage from that is a holy grail of mine.

What was cut? and In the line of duty 1-4 are currently being restored by Fortune Star so they are coming soon hopefully

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

I believe it's also like Eastern Condors and Prodigal Son is lost. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 12/3/2021 at 5:04 PM, spannick said:

(Part 2 & 3 also)

Amazing news

Been waiting for such great releases for... years

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

What kind of footage is "lost" on Eastern Condors and Prodigal Son? 

You can see some of the EC deleted footage in the HK trailer, prison basketball game, abusive guards and character building etc.

The Prodigal Son is missing a scene where Yuen Biao, now proficient in Wing Chun, returns home and pays his old kung fu instructors a visit and possibly gives them an ass whooping.

Edited by Drunksnake
  • Like 4

@spannick will the girls with guns releases include english dubs? I hope some are picked up in the UK by 88 or another label I could see some maybe being potentially big sellers such as angel,Killer Angels and the in the line of duty films

• Like 2

17 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

What kind of footage is "lost" on Eastern Condors and Prodigal Son? 

Eastern Condors had a cut scene with Sammo playing basketball with the inmates that ends becoming a fight scene, although you can see some of it in the HK Trailer.  The rest remains lost as we speak. As for The Prodigal Son, there was a scene when Yuen Biao's Leung Jan returns to Foshan who runs into Dick  Wei  and  Chung Fat's characters who were his so-called Kung Fu trainers who were paid by Leung Jan's father to throw fights and make Leung Jan look good, till Leung Jan discovers the truth who decides to kick them out but they beat and humiliate Leung Jan showing that Lam Ching Yeung's character Leung Yee-Tai was telling the truth about all along during their fight.  Although lobby cards have shown the rematch but it's forever lost from this day.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

These scenes.

yes madam deleted scene 2.jpg

yes madam deleted scene.jpg

yikes that some good action was there more action lost besides this hopefully its found and restored to the film giving us a complete cut

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

yikes that some good action was there more action lost besides this hopefully its found and restored to the film giving us a complete cut

Don't hold your breath on that.

• Like 1