The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

53 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Mine never showed up again

It will definitely arrive I work for Royal Mail and sometimes my items arrive later than they should especially with the increase in Christmas mail orders 

• Like 5

• Administrator
22 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

My Disciples of shaolin and Chinese boxer are on their way since yesterday or the day before, according to 88.

Oh, yes, I remember about the cover art, @KUNG FU BOB !

Maybe you could do covers for Spectrum too ? They speak English, too.

Regarding the plot of Disciples, I would say that the plot is also similar to the one of The Big Boss..

I have been approached by Spectrum about something they are working on. :bigsmile:

I agree, DISCIPLES does have a BIG BOSS feel to it.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I have been approached by Spectrum about something they are working on. :bigsmile:

I agree, DISCIPLES does have a BIG BOSS feel to it.

That's GREAT news ! Congratulations ! It looks like they finally took a look to this forum, or did they knew you trough your work for the others companies ?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Graysman said:

Got mine this morning thankyou 88 films

image.jpg

Are you one of those early reviewers or a normal orderer? Where did you order it from?

• Like 1

I got my copy of Disciples through yesterday, rushed out a quick unboxing video for anyone still to get their hands on it or curious to see what's inside the box :)

Really happy to see some excellent @KUNG FU BOB sketches inside the booklet this time around as well as the glorious cover art.

Please stick around to the end of the video for a wee update on my next giveaway for the channel,

which I'll kickoff very soon.

Edited by LiuYiLong
typo
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Are you one of those early reviewers or a normal orderer? Where did you order it from?

No just a dedicated 88 films fan like you and every member here that also goes for Eureka too. I'm just your normal orderer who usually orders day 1 and i ordered this from 88 films.

• Like 8

• Administrator
21 hours ago, LiuYiLong said:

I got my copy of Disciples through yesterday, rushed out a quick unboxing video for anyone still to get their hands on it or curious to see what's inside the box :)

Really happy to see some excellent @KUNG FU BOB sketches inside the booklet this time around as well as the glorious cover art.

Please stick around to the end of the video for a wee update on my next giveaway for the channel,

which I'll kickoff very soon.

Thanks for all the shout-outs and generous praise in your videos @LiuYiLong. :wink:

4 hours ago, Karlos said:

Cannot wait for my copy.

@KUNG FU BOB's artwork is glorious, as ever.

Just a great packaging of a great film all around.

Thanks brother @Karlos! And YOU have an excellent article published in the DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN booklet- congratulations!

2 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Shiiiiii......

Damn ....

Does the man in the middle show his middlefingers 🤣🤣🤣

Hahahaha, no! It's a character played by Gordon Liu and he is doing some ritualistic, magic hand postures with double-fingers. I guess I should've made that more clear. :tongue:

On 11/11/2021 at 1:57 PM, ShawAngela said:

That's GREAT news ! Congratulations ! It looks like they finally took a look to this forum, or did they knew you trough your work for the others companies ?

I think they knew my work because they are Hong Kong film fans and saw the stuff I did for other releases.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

42 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Thanks for all the shout-outs and generous praise in your videos @LiuYiLong. :wink:

Thanks brother @Karlos! And YOU have an excellent article published in the DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN booklet- congratulations!

Hahahaha, no! It's a character played by Gordon Liu and he is doing some ritualistic, magic hand postures with double-fingers. I guess I should've made that more clear. :tongue:

I think they knew my work because they are Hong Kong film fans and saw the stuff I did for other releases.

Your artwork @KUNG FU BOB is so unique it just amazes me I love your style brother 

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Does anybody know if you rent 88 Films titles via Amazon Prime you get different language options? There's a couple of movies that I didn't pick up but I thought I might rent, Story of Ricky being one but when I found it on Prime it looked like just the dubbed version. I've never rented a movie on Prime before and I don't know if there are options to change to Cantonese with subs, i'm not interested in dubbed versions.

• Like 2

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Why  is Gordon Liu performing the fliping the bird style Kung Fu?

He is doing some ritualistic, magic hand postures with double-fingers. I guess I should've made that more clear. :wink:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

He is doing some ritualistic, magic hand postures with double-fingers. I guess I should've made that more clear. :wink:

Okay, gotcha. I was joking on the fliping the bird style.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bob , you've done it again- the cover art for all these Shaw Bros & other releases has been STELLAR !:bs_martialgreeting:

On 11/12/2021 at 12:18 PM, Drunksnake said:

FB_IMG_1636737377948.jpg.e5c7888b69d81ba1325d46d99427f200.jpg

Bob, you've done it again all these Shaw Bros & other releases' cover art has been STELLAR !:bs_martialgreeting:

Edited by danthemandmv
Punctuation mistakes in original post .
  • Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 2

it's incredible. after the package (pre-ordered) from Zavvi was lost, I reordered directly from 88 films and it is 2 weeks since I have not received anything and the tracking is blocked. Ricky Oh I can't have it. I give up and will only buy from Amazon in the future.:laluot_20:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 2

2 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

FB_IMG_1636988204334.jpg.5062c81ce0ea73e0a570233689c7236a.jpg

Naaaaa give my wallet a breakkkk goddammitttt 🤣

Looks so good and inviting that I'm sure i'll preorder it although i dont know anything about this movie (Im not the biggest SB aficionado).

Really good job BobbyBoy, catching the oldschool spirit.

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I'm consistently blown away by your art Bob!!! I need one of those old school montage posters with all of your covers in a compilation or something :D I know it's been said countless times, but I'm loving the covers brother!!

Also, I'm constantly having to pinch myself with all of the Shaw Bro/Old School Martial Arts love these days... I'm still having PTSD from the days of luckily getting one dvd release a year... At first my wife was like "Oh cool, a new Karate movie is coming out for you" now it's "...wow great more karate movies, don't you have enough?...." :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5