The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

What might the titles be? Anyone know? And any further news on HALF A LOAF OF KUNG FU?

Shaolin Mantis, Monkey Kung fu, Legendary weapons of China, if I remember well and maybe other ones that I forgot.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

14 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Shaolin Mantis, Monkey Kung fu, Legendary weapons of China, if I remember well and maybe other ones that I forgot.

All of those as well as The Delayed title - Flag of Iron, Cory Yuen's Hero, Human Lanterns, Martial Club and Flying Guillotine 2

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Ordered The Chinese Boxer . We need some Chor Yuen movies on blu ray ! I’d like to see The Convict Killer and Clans Of Intrigue . 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LiuYiLong said:

All of those as well as The Delayed title - Flag of Iron, Cory Yuen's Hero, Human Lanterns, Martial Club and Flying Guillotine 2

Oh ! Hero too ? Well, it will be difficult to choose between the 88 release and the Spectrum one !

Human lanterns and Flying guillotine 2 too !! Thanks Byzance !!

And it's a good thing to get the two Flying guillotine from 88 ! Unless I'm mistaken and the first one wasn't released by them ?

Thanks for the informations.

• Like 3

On 11/3/2021 at 6:45 PM, AslanBey said:

Looks great.

But i dont know anything about this movie and dont know whether i should grab it. Can someone give an advice? How good or bad is the movie? I assume it has indeed cult character but not every cultmovie is a musthave for me.

How is the movie compared to lets say "8diagram pole fighter" or" one armed boxer" or " clan of the white lotus" etc. Does it go to a similar direction or does it play in the same league (or maybe better or worse)?

I appreciate every opinion.

Same question here for disciples of shaolin? Anybody an advice for an ignorant kungfu-fan?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

Same question here for disciples of shaolin? Anybody an advice for an ignorant kungfu-fan?

Just watched the trailer and it looks great. I think it will be preordered too. The enemy clans are too strong damnnnn all the releases come at the same time. My bank account cant recover...

On 11/8/2021 at 6:37 PM, Graysman said:

More good news disciples of Shaolin as shipped thankyou 88films keep them coming.

On their website it says middle of december. How come  they shipped it already?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

Just watched the trailer and it looks great. I think it will be preordered too. The enemy clans are too strong damnnnn all the releases come at the same time. My bank account cant recover...

On their website it says middle of december. How come  they shipped it already?

haven't a clue to be honest but i have the shipped noticed so i will probably get it on Wed/Thurs with a bit of luck.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

And it's a good thing to get the two Flying guillotine from 88 ! Unless I'm mistaken and the first one wasn't released by them ?

They did actually!

Spine #10 in the 88's Asia Collection series was the first Flying Guillotine :)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

Excellent, lots more Shaws in the pipeline then! But…is Half A Loaf Of Kung Fu still coming…?

I believe it will sometime in 2022 hopefully.

• Like 3

Iron Head Rat
12 hours ago, Graysman said:

haven't a clue to be honest but i have the shipped noticed so i will probably get it on Wed/Thurs with a bit of luck.

You sure are getting these realease early :smile

• Like 4

Starting to think the shipping notice for Disciples Of Shaolin may have been an error.Would have expected it to arrive today, it didn't and it's not available to order on their website.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Starting to think the shipping notice for Disciples Of Shaolin may have been an error.Would have expected it to arrive today, it didn't and it's not available to order on their website.

I saw someone on Twitter posting a photo of their copy.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

Got mine today too. 

disciples1.jpg

disciples2.jpg

What the... 

Ok then its time to order it from amazon. Thats weird why do they state on the website mid-december?

• Like 2

Chemical Lemon
8 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

What the... 

Ok then its time to order it from amazon. Thats weird why do they state on the website mid-december?

I think it’s 88 films shipping the disc early (which they used to do quite often), but I wouldn’t expect Amazon to ship early, although I’ll be thrilled if I’m wrong.  I feel like the SB discs may have been physically ready for a while but waiting because of some chaos with the selling in the US side of things. And maybe 88 is shipping what they have out early in anticipation of getting overwhelmed during the holidays l. I think 88 is a total of 2 guys that do everything, right?  So I can imagine December is a mess trying to keep on top of everything 

if shipping to the US from the UK wasn’t so screwed up right now I’d order directly from them  but given the current state even if they ship it a month early I probably wouldn’t get it until after it releases here

Edited by Chemical Lemon
  • Like 3

• Administrator
On 11/9/2021 at 10:57 AM, WaverBoy said:

I hadn’t heard of Disciples Of Shaolin, and didn’t realize 88 was releasing it. I just preordered from Amazon! The Chinese Boxer will be arriving today. So glad these are getting released stateside! Other than Flag Of Iron, which of course I’ll be preordering when the time comes, do they have any more SB currently in the pipeline?

Oh yes. Yes they do. In fact, I'm surprised the "pipeline" hasn't burst from all the awesomeness traveling through it. :bigsmile: More Shaw Brothers and more... well, very exciting stuff is all I can say. :angel

21 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Oh ! Hero too ? Well, it will be difficult to choose between the 88 release and the Spectrum one !

Human lanterns and Flying guillotine 2 too !! Thanks Byzance !!

Thanks for the informations.

Yes, HERO is coming.

Remember you joked that you might have to wait and see if I did a good cover art for it before you decide which version to purchase? :wink:

20 hours ago, AslanBey said:

I really like DISCIPLES. The filmmakers put as much effort into the story, characters, and performances as they did the action on this one. It features one of my favorite Alexander Fu Sheng performances, and Chi Kuan-Chun is terrific here too. This film was remade in 1993 as THE BAREFOOT KID starring Arron Kwok, Maggie Cheung, Ti Lung, and directed by Johnny To. It's also enjoyable, but I prefer the more grounded kung fu in the original version.

15 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Excellent, lots more Shaws in the pipeline then! But…is Half A Loaf Of Kung Fu still coming…?

I'd say get your knife and butter ready... just in case. :happy

• Like 8

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

I reckon it was an error I’ll give it until Thursday Friday latest if it doesn’t arrive it will be a error most likely 

• Like 3

My Disciples of shaolin and Chinese boxer are on their way since yesterday or the day before, according to 88.

Oh, yes, I remember about the cover art, @KUNG FU BOB !

Maybe you could do covers for Spectrum too ? They speak English, too.

Regarding the plot of Disciples, I would say that the plot is also similar to the one of The Big Boss..

• Like 4

Iron Head Rat
16 hours ago, saltysam said:

Hopefully tomorrow for me then.Weird it can't be ordered on their website atm.

Ye!!! Whats going on?

• Like 2