The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

After pre-ordering Ricky Oh on Zavvi, it was shipped to me on September 17th. I have never received anything. I am waiting for a refund and unfortunately I was left without my copy because it is out of print. it couldn't end worse than this ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JackieRome said:

After pre-ordering Ricky Oh on Zavvi, it was shipped to me on September 17th. I have never received anything. I am waiting for a refund and unfortunately I was left without my copy because it is out of print. it couldn't end worse than this ...

For a better response  from Zavvi DM them on their Twitter page and explain it to them hopefully get sorted a lot quickly 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Graysman said:

For a better response  from Zavvi DM them on their Twitter page and explain it to them hopefully get sorted a lot quickly 

Thanks. everything ok, I received the refund. unfortunately after all these days of waiting I can no longer order my copy because it is out of print and I cannot afford too high a price:laluot_20:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Chemical Lemon
7 hours ago, JackieRome said:

Hey, @JackieRome,  I assume you live outside the UK?  I live in the US and anytime I’ve ordered from zavvi (UK) whatever I ordered shows up long after I’ve given up on it arriving. Even knowing that I’m still convinced every time that it won’t show up. My story of Ricky shipped on September 16th and I got it maybe a week ago. So I’m not telling you that yours will arrive but maybe in the next few years you’ll be pleasantly surprised when it randomly shows up. 

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 2

1 hour ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Hey, @JackieRome,  I assume you live outside the UK?  I live in the US and anytime I’ve ordered from zavvi (UK) whatever I ordered shows up long after I’ve given up on it arriving. Even knowing that I’m still convinced every time that it won’t show up. My story of Ricky shipped on September 16th and I got it maybe a week ago. So I’m not telling you that yours will arrive but maybe in the next few years you’ll be pleasantly surprised when it randomly shows up. 

Indeed. My Robotrix was shipped Sept. 22 and it only arrived a few days ago.

Besides, didn't 88 say they are printing extra 2000 copies of the limited edition because the original 2000 sold out so fast?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

thank you buddy. We hope it arrives. Unfortunately for Zavvi customs is a complicated thing. I heard some people who pre-ordered it on Amazon Uk, even long after my order and it arrived right away. Amazon has a fast track. Having long ago ordered Armor of god on Zavvi, days ago I had to order it on amazon this time to not get the same bad result with Ricky Oh

• Like 3

I ordered directly on 88 films, paying a hefty amount for shipping. we hope returns available. who has already bought them say that the wait before the package arrives is very long. we hope it arrives this time.

• Like 3

SuperTiaanBro
On 10/23/2021 at 5:00 AM, JackieRome said:

I ordered directly on 88 films, paying a hefty amount for shipping. we hope returns available. who has already bought them say that the wait before the package arrives is very long. we hope it arrives this time.

I ordered mine and it came in about a week. I live all the way in Maryland away from the UK so it came pretty fast. The shipping price is pretty hefty.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

at 26:40 Sir Vincent Lyn Confirms 88 are doing Tiger Cage I assume Tiger Cage 2 is coming as well

So true great news

• Like 5

15 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

at 26:40 Sir Vincent Lyn Confirms 88 are doing Tiger Cage I assume Tiger Cage 2 is coming as well

Well, yeah.  You can't have one without two.  

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

19 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

Wow, great news! I still have the Joy Sales DVD of Tiger Cage 2 so it's definitely time for an HD upgrade. I'm not particularly a big fan of the first movie (it's still good though) but I wouldn't mind getting a double set of the first two movies.

• Like 5

Nothing to do with the previous posts about Tiger Cage, but I would love to see a 88 or an Eureka or an Arrow boxset of all Angela Mao' s movies that have been released in whatever format, including Revenge of Kung Fu Mao and a few other ones such as Lady constables, and Swift shaolin boxer...

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1

https://www.facebook.com/88FilmsOfficial/photos/a.2558061934210400/5152717961411438

this link shows a list including an interview with Yuen Biao could Righting Wrongs be coming from 88 films if so based on rumors and hints Outlaw Brothers,Tiger Cage 1 and I assume 2 as well and Righting Wrongs could all be coming in 2022 and I doubt thats everything I assume if outlaw brothers is coming they will have more girls with guns coming maybe 88 is the one ending up with In the line of Duty 1-4 and The Blonde Fury

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, thundered mantis said:

Damn if we see Outlaw Brothers, the Tiger Cage films and Righting Wrongs in  20222 that would be mad

I assume if they take the gamble on Outlaw Brothers that won't be the only girls with guns release from 88 I assume they are going after the big ones of Angel,Killer Angels,Beauty Investigator,She Shoots Straight, In the Line of Duty 1-4,Devil Hunters and The Blonde Fury and maybe others such as Rothrock's City Cops, Moon Lee's and Sharon Yeung's Princess Madam, and Moon Lee's Angel Force and I assume these will be limited editions I am not sure if we will see deluxe editions such as the Jackie Chan films got but maybe and not sure how far 88 will go if they take the gamble but if sales go well I assume they will go get as many girls with guns as they can get the rights to and then move on to some other subject

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, thundered mantis said:

Damn if we see Outlaw Brothers, the Tiger Cage films and Righting Wrongs in  20222 that would be mad

20222 is a bit of a wait mate!!! 

We would be watching those in 28 K.. 

=) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

I assume if they take the gamble on Outlaw Brothers that won't be the only girls with guns release from 88 I assume they are going after the big ones of Angel,Killer Angels,Beauty Investigator,She Shoots Straight, In the Line of Duty 1-4,Devil Hunters and The Blonde Fury and maybe others such as Rothrock's City Cops, Moon Lee's and Sharon Yeung's Princess Madam, and Moon Lee's Angel Force and I assume these will be limited editions I am not sure if we will see deluxe editions such as the Jackie Chan films got but maybe and not sure how far 88 will go if they take the gamble but if sales go well I assume they will go get as many girls with guns as they can get the rights to and then move on to some other subject

88 Flims will take it slow, we don't know if they have the original prints or not from the other girls with guns. I wouldn't get my hopes up on that genre so give it time.  It's very possible Eureka may end up releasing Yes Madam and Royal Warriors. maybe a Michelle Yeoh set?  In the Line of Duty IV i can see it maybe getting the 88 Flims release hopefully on my part with brand new features, maybe keeping the previous commentary from HKL DVD back in the 2000s.  Jackie Chan, hopefully maybe Twin Dragons, Supercop  or Island of fire that Warners doesn't own. and his 2000s flims like New Police Story.   I would love it if Blonde Fury got the  remastering it deserves. But yes, I do want to see the flims you mentioned but give 88 sometime to release the rest.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

88 Flims will take it slow, we don't know if they have the original prints or not from the other girls with guns. I wouldn't get my hopes up on that genre so give it time.  It's very possible Eureka may end up releasing Yes Madam and Royal Warriors. maybe a Michelle Yeoh set?  In the Line of Duty IV i can see it maybe getting the 88 Flims release hopefully on my part with brand new features, maybe keeping the previous commentary from HKL DVD back in the 2000s.  Jackie Chan, hopefully maybe Twin Dragons, Supercop  or Island of fire that Warners doesn't own. and his 2000s flims like New Police Story.   I would love it if Blonde Fury got the  remastering it deserves. But yes, I do want to see the flims you mentioned but give 88 sometime to release the rest.

I think we could see most maybe sooner than later as Angel,Killer Angels,Princess Madam,Devil Hunters and Beauty Investigator have all been remastered Devil Hunters has a 2k restoration already out in France but Beauty Investigator's full uncut version needs a restoration or remaster but Angel Force, and City Cops have never seen a remaster or restoration so those could be doubtful

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

I think we could see most maybe sooner than later as Angel,Killer Angels,Princess Madam,Devil Hunters and Beauty Investigator have all been remastered Devil Hunters has a 2k restoration already out in France but Beauty Investigator's full uncut version needs a restoration or remaster but Angel Force, and City Cops have never seen a remaster or restoration so those could be doubtful

I still believe it will a long while before we see the rest.

• Like 2

88 seem to suffer quite a few delays with their releases, believe they are quite a small operation. A number of this year's titles pushed back to March 2022 already. Don't think many those wanted titles will surface before 2023.

• Like 4