The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

They may not even release all 3 hence why if they only picked one more Who Am I would be my hope despite hoping for both it and first strike but they take a longer time so who knows if all 3 are planned or 2 or just 1 more

I am not sure what 88's plans are next Sammo?, Yuen Biao?, no idea what their plans are

You never know, alot of people didn't think Mr.Nice Guy or Drunken Master 2 were ever going to be released. But they did, so who knows no telling what Warners will do nowadays the way the handle things. I'm getting my hopes up, I just take things as they go.  I'm sure 88 already has a plan on up-coming future releases. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

You never know, alot of people didn't think Mr.Nice Guy or Drunken Master 2 were ever going to be released. But they did, so who knows no telling what Warners will do nowadays the way the handle things. I'm getting my hopes up, I just take things as they go.  I'm sure 88 already has a plan on up-coming future releases. 

I dont know how the situation is, but why dont 88 release some jetlistuff (besides the one). It would be aaawesome when fongsaiyuk or taichi etc. would get the deluxe treatment. Does somebody have any information or clues about that issue?

Also a rerelease of operation condor like the steelbook of dragons forever would be nice since I discovered 88 too late to get the limited editions.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AslanBey said:

I dont know how the situation is, but why dont 88 release some jetlistuff (besides the one). It would be aaawesome when fongsaiyuk or taichi etc. would get the deluxe treatment. Does somebody have any information or clues about that issue?

Also a rerelease of operation condor like the steelbook of dragons forever would be nice since I discovered 88 too late to get the limited editions.

I thought Jet Li would be another obvious choice for 88 Films/Eureka. I'm hoping for Hitman, Shaolin Temple, Fist of Legend & Kiss of the Dragon.

I'd like to see re-releases of the earlier Jackie titles too, Snake & Crane, Dragon Fist etc, didn't get all the commentaries, extras first time around and i'd definitely double dip if they were improved.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Erotic ghost story is out on DiabolikDVD site. Never seen the movie, is it really erotic? Any cool ghost f/x? Boobs? 

Loads of boobs. Some cool ghost FX. Unfortunately, I didn't think much of the film. It's fine but I thought it was going to be a lot better than it is.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, andy338 said:

I thought Jet Li would be another obvious choice for 88 Films/Eureka. I'm hoping for Hitman, Shaolin Temple, Fist of Legend & Kiss of the Dragon.

I'd like to see re-releases of the earlier Jackie titles too, Snake & Crane, Dragon Fist etc, didn't get all the commentaries, extras first time around and i'd definitely double dip if they were improved.

I agree with all this! I would love it if they'd redo the early Jackie releases.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, andy338 said:

Jet Li, Yuen Biao, Sammo Hung and Donnie Yen are the names I think 88 will focus on after Jackie's stuff is done or I may be wrong and they go into other genres I would think though Jet Li, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao is where they'd most likely focus on next maybe Donnie Yen's stuff as well other than that no idea what direction they could take after they are done with Jackie Chan's stuff

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, andy338 said:

Yeah.... That would be nice if  88 Flims was allowed to  release Kiss of the Dragon which is in my opinion Jet's best flim  he made Hollywood in my opinion. The rights are all over the place with Jet's other flims like Tai-Chi Master, Fist of Legend etc.  I love to see the Shaolin Temple flims and Black Mask released with @KUNG FU BOB's artwork on the  covers.  I wouldn't mind having some audio commentary...

1 hour ago, actionfan93 said:

Jet Li, Yuen Biao, Sammo Hung and Donnie Yen are the names I think 88 will focus one after Jackie's stuff is done or I may be wrong and they go into other genres I would think though Jet Li, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao is where they'd most likely focus on next maybe Donnie Yen's stuff as well other than that no idea what direction they could take after they are done with Jackie Chan's stuff

I would love to see Donnie Yen flims being able to be released by 88 Flims. Maybe we'll see some from him, Sammo and Yuen Biao hopefully.

In other news my orders  Story of Ricky and Robtrix dispatched from Amazon UK last night.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

16 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Yeah.... That would be nice if  88 Flims was allowed to  release Kiss of the Dragon which is in my opinion Jet's best flim  he made Hollywood in my opinion. The rights are all over the place with Jet's other flims like Tai-Chi Master, Fist of Legend etc.  I love to see the Shaolin Temple flims and Black Mask released with @KUNG FU BOB's artwork on the  covers.  I wouldn't mind having some audio commentary...

I would love to see Donnie Yen flims being able to be released by 88 Flims. Maybe we'll see some from him, Sammo and Yuen Biao hopefully.

In other news my orders  Story of Ricky and Robtrix dispatched from Amazon UK last night.

with a tiger cage box set hinted at and Donnie as a star of in the line of duty 4 who knows maybe thats where 88 will focus on next or maybe those will be released by Eureka or maybe we will see some from both 88 and Eureka very soon

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

4 hours ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

The rights are all over the place with Jet's other flims like Tai-Chi Master, Fist of Legend etc.  I love to see the Shaolin Temple flims and Black Mask released with @KUNG FU BOB's artwork on the  covers.  I wouldn't mind having some audio commentary..

Sorry, Im not a native speaker, my english became worse in the laat years.

What does "the rights are all over the place" mean? Is it a positive or negative thing? Does it make releases for taichi, fongsaiyuk...  supposable or difficult? 😅😅😅

• Like 3

I hope they will bring back all of Jackie's early releases (Lo Wei movies) in better quality, but I would also get new editions of the films already released if they did all of them in Deluxe version. Also in Steelbook they are fine, as for Dragons Forever. Robotrix didn't interest me, but I got Ricky on Zavvi. it is the first purchase from them, we hope it goes well with customs.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JackieRome said:

I hope they will bring back all of Jackie's early releases (Lo Wei movies) in better quality, but I would also get new editions of the films already released if they did all of them in Deluxe version. Also in Steelbook they are fine, as for Dragons Forever. Robotrix didn't interest me, but I got Ricky on Zavvi. it is the first purchase from them, we hope it goes well with customs.

With the exception of To Kill With Intrigue, Dragon Fist, Snake And Crane Arts and Battle Creek Brawl, I thought 88's other Lo Wei releases looked and sounded stunning. Fearless Hyena and Spiritual Kung Fu were my favourites. The colours nearly punch you in the face!

• Like 6

19 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Sorry, Im not a native speaker, my english became worse in the laat years.

What does "the rights are all over the place" mean? Is it a positive or negative thing? Does it make releases for taichi, fongsaiyuk...  supposable or difficult? 😅😅😅

Ah, gotcha.  Meaning difficult, yes. Tai-Chi Master and Fong Sai Yuk were owned by Miramax at one point. Don't know the current issue  on who owns the rights or the original flim prints of those two movies if 88 Flims get's ahold of them wanting to do a restore those two flims making them look great as ever.   I can see 88 maybe, just maybe with the Shaolin Temple flims, Born to Defense and a giant maybe on Black Mask. I hope!

23 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

with a tiger cage box set hinted at and Donnie as a star of in the line of duty 4 who knows maybe thats where 88 will focus on next or maybe those will be released by Eureka or maybe we will see some from both 88 and Eureka very soon

If they release them, you know they'll get my money for sure once that Tiger Cage box set get's released. Along with the In The Line of Duty Flims.  Either way whatever 88 has planed it will work out the best.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Ah, gotcha.  Meaning difficult, yes. Tai-Chi Master and Fong Sai Yuk were owned by Miramax at one point. Don't know the current issue  on who owns the rights or the original flim prints of those two movies if 88 Flims get's ahold of them wanting to do a restore those two flims making them look great as ever.   I can see 88 maybe, just maybe with the Shaolin Temple flims, Born to Defense and a giant maybe on Black Mask. I hope!

If they release them, you know they'll get my money for sure once that Tiger Cage box set get's released. Along with the In The Line of Duty Flims.  Either way whatever 88 has planed it will work out the best.

that is the problem with alot of films I can only hope the rights holders who hold the rights to my favorites and 88 or Eureka or both can work out a deal to release the gems I want to upgrade but who knows we will all just have to wait and see what both Eureka and 88 releases we have an idea of the direction of Eureka will be going next year but could we see 88 follow suit and jump into the same genres as Eureka

• Like 3

1 hour ago, actionfan93 said:

that is the problem with alot of films I can only hope the rights holders who hold the rights to my favorites and 88 or Eureka or both can work out a deal to release the gems I want to upgrade but who knows we will all just have to wait and see what both Eureka and 88 releases we have an idea of the direction of Eureka will be going next year but could we see 88 follow suit and jump into the same genres as Eureka

I would hope so that 88 Flims will go a different direction  by next year going into different genre flims.  You're right the issue is the fact nobody know's who own's what movie.  Which explains why we haven't seen a 4K edition like example Hard Boiled because nobody know's who owns that 35 mm print.  I would love to see more Jet Li flims and Donnie Yen flims,  but the rights is really crazy on wondering who owns the rights to the flims  both men have made.  I honestly believe it will be harder for Donnie Yen  with his post In the Line Duty IV/Tiger Cage flims would harder to get hold of since the rights to Crystal Hunt, Cheetah On Fire and High Voltage.  I would imagine that it would be harder to get ahold of not knowing who owns the rights to them.  

Eureka is doing well with their direction they're at.  88 Flim's as well knowing now they'll have their blu-ray's for Region A.  They're picking out their releases well releasing category 3 flims like Erotic Ghost Story, Story of Ricky and Robotrix.  I  believe 88 Flims will continue to be successful on their releases as long as fans keep on supporting them, then the future will be very bright for 88 Flims.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

I would hope so that 88 Flims will go a different direction  by next year going into different genre flims.  You're right the issue is the fact nobody know's who own's what movie.  Which explains why we haven't seen a 4K edition like example Hard Boiled because nobody know's who owns that 35 mm print.  I would love to see more Jet Li flims and Donnie Yen flims,  but the rights is really crazy on wondering who owns the rights to the flims  both men have made.  I honestly believe it will be harder for Donnie Yen  with his post In the Line Duty IV/Tiger Cage flims would harder to get hold of since the rights to Crystal Hunt, Cheetah On Fire and High Voltage.  I would imagine that it would be harder to get ahold of not knowing who owns the rights to them.  

Eureka is doing well with their direction they're at.  88 Flim's as well knowing now they'll have their blu-ray's for Region A.  They're picking out their releases well releasing category 3 flims like Erotic Ghost Story, Story of Ricky and Robotrix.  I  believe 88 Flims will continue to be successful on their releases as long as fans keep on supporting them, then the future will be very bright for 88 Flims.  

well In the line of Duty 1-4 and Tiger Cage 1-3 are fortune stars if I am not mistaken and 3 others from my wish list also belong to them but the other 5 no idea who holds the rights to those all I can do is hope a deal can be made between them and Eureka or them and 88 films or both

• Like 3

Word is that the video rights to HARD-BOILED, A BETTER TOMORROW 1-3, THE KILLER and BULLET IN THE HEAD aren’t available outside Asia. The rights holders just aren’t interested. Same for the CHINESE GHOST STORY trilogy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

well In the line of Duty 1-4 and Tiger Cage 1-3 are fortune stars if I am not mistaken and 3 others from my wish list also belong to them but the other 5 no idea who holds the rights to those all I can do is hope a deal can be made between them and Eureka or them and 88 films or both

I would much imagine line of Duty 1-4 and Tiger Cage 1-3 are vey much a possibility as Fortune star own the rights so fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Tiger Cage 1, 2 and Line of Duty 1, 2, 3, 4 are currently being restored in 2k by Fortune Star and they are pre-sold to UK and Germany already ;)   (Hapkido and Magnificent Warriors also)

• Like 10
  • Buddha Bless You 4

Those that are waiting for 88 Films to start selling Riki-Oh and Robotrix, 88 Films is telling people to order from Amazon.co.uk to guarantee a copy as 88 Films is currently switching warehouses.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

13 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Word is that the video rights to HARD-BOILED, A BETTER TOMORROW 1-3, THE KILLER and BULLET IN THE HEAD aren’t available outside Asia. The rights holders just aren’t interested. Same for the CHINESE GHOST STORY trilogy.

Yeah.....That's what i was told while i was seeing Police Story on the big screen back in 2019.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, spannick said:

Tiger Cage 1, 2 and Line of Duty 1, 2, 3, 4 are currently being restored in 2k by Fortune Star and they are pre-sold to UK and Germany already ;)   (Hapkido and Magnificent Warriors also)

Hapkido in blu ray ?!! GREAAAATTTT !!!

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1