The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Drunken Monk
57 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

Still looking for a place to pre-order ARMOUR OF GOD that doesn’t charge $20 shipping to the US…

I imagine Diabolik DVD will offer better shipping when they have it up for pre-order.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I'm still waiting for the pre-order of the new 88films titles on Amazon.it. If I could get them, I wouldn't have any nasty surprises with customs. For now they are only found in the Amazon.uk version, but I think I will wait until they insert them. I don't trust Zavvi. Damn customs

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JackieRome said:

I'm still waiting for the pre-order of the new 88films titles on Amazon.it. If I could get them, I wouldn't have any nasty surprises with customs. For now they are only found in the Amazon.uk version, but I think I will wait until they insert them. I don't trust Zavvi. Damn customs

Why don't you trust zavvi ? I placed several orders from them and I never had to complain, if it can reassure you.

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
4 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Why don't you trust zavvi ? I placed several orders from them and I never had to complain, if it can reassure you.

does zavvi deliver in time for you? they are like the second coming of HK rescue service , always receive my items a month late or more.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

does zavvi deliver in time for you? they are like the second coming of HK rescue service , always receive my items a month late or more.

When the items are in stock, I usually receive them quickly. When it's preorder, then...it's another question, but as soon as the release date arrives, they ship them and it tooks one or two weeks for the package to arrive, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Thank you. Well let's say that I have always read negative comments about delays and especially with customs. they say they refund you but it's not always easy. with Amazon.it you feel more protected: I check the shipment, it arrives without customs, I decide where to receive it etc. I think I'll have to wait a little longer to see these pre-orders on that version of the site, but I don't think I'm the only one.

• Like 2

Just came back from a screening of the new 2K remaster of Armour Of God at the fighting spirit film festival in Stratford, London.

The print was absolutely gorgeous with deep blacks and some film grain present, it looked very filmic on the big screen with natural looking skin tones.

The sound was Cantonese Mono I believe and was great overall, the subtitles was on point and perfectly timed on screen, not too quick so you missed something.

Overall a great experience.

A rep from 88Films mentioned before the screening that the film will be a deluxe set (like The Young Master) and come with a thick booklet and hardbound cover plus some other 'Tat'.

Thank you to everyone involved in this release and getting it out to us for this very special screening.

• Like 13
  • Buddha Bless You 3

sifu iron perm
On 8/26/2021 at 3:22 PM, WaverBoy said:

Still looking for a place to pre-order ARMOUR OF GOD that doesn’t charge $20 shipping to the US…

I was at the London screening of AOG last night presented by 88 films. The picture and sound was pristine! 

• Like 11

Guys I’ve just recently been on the 88 films Facebook page and they have a picture of meteors crashing to what looks like earth so I writ in the comments section as there is more than one meteor I wrote killer meteors and out of all the comments people wrote naming different films etc 88 films was the only one to like my post. So could this be Killer Meteors is coming from 88 films I certainly hope so in fact I’m pretty sure it will.

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 3

I hope so — I’ll definitely be getting it — but what I’m most hot to get is MAGNIFICENT BODYGUARDS on 3D Blu-ray. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Like 8

My copy of Robotrix also shipped from Amazon.co.I’m. It’ll take ages to get here since I’m in the US but it is unusual that Amazon is shipping while 88 Films doesn’t even have it up for order yet.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

5 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

My copy of Robotrix also shipped from Amazon.co.I’m. It’ll take ages to get here since I’m in the US but it is unusual that Amazon is shipping while 88 Films doesn’t even have it up for order yet.

I expect a full-length review of it when it arrives!

• Like 3

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Drunksnake said:

Bit annoying that it still isn't up on 88 site. Usually always order from them.

Which is why I asked, I've now ordered it from amazon, expect it delivered tomorrow. 

• Like 4

On 9/19/2021 at 1:52 PM, saltysam said:

Apart from Armor Of God i don't think we'll be seeing any more Jackie from 88 until next year.

Except Half of Loaf of Kung Fu but that and Armor of God aside, 88 is done with Jackie for now.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

3 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Except Half of Loaf of Kung Fu but that and Armor of God aside, 88 is done with Jackie for now.

I may be wrong but I think both could be as I am sure if they could Eureka or 88 would enjoy getting the rights to Who Am I,First Strike and Rumble in the Bronx but those 3 are a wait and see for Warner to do them while I would the first 2 I think if they just gave us Who Am I I would be the happiest as I think its the best of the 3 in my opinion

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

I may be wrong but I think both could be as I am sure if they could Eureka or 88 would enjoy getting the rights to Who Am I,First Strike and Rumble in the Bronx but those 3 are a wait and see for Warner to do them while I would the first 2 I think if they just gave us Who Am I I would be the happiest as I think its the best of the 3 in my opinion

Nope, Warners want's  too much money than either company can afford.   I assume Warners will someday release the other Jackie Chan flims somewhere down along the line. I prefer it was 88 than them.  At least they'll get the better treatment as much as Bloodsport would if they were able to get the rights to it.  It's like the whole issue of Drunken Master 2 with the other three JC Flims but that doesn't mean they can't get JC's other flims like Gorgeous,  New Police Story, The Myth and Rob-B Hood etc.    

I'm sure Half of Loaf of Kung Fu will released sometime next year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Nope, Warners want's  too much money than either company can afford.   I assume Warners will someday release the other Jackie Chan flims somewhere down along the line. I prefer it was 88 than them.  At least they'll get the better treatment as much as Bloodsport would if they were able to get the rights to it.  It's like the whole issue of Drunken Master 2 with the other three JC Flims but that doesn't mean they can't get JC's other flims like Gorgeous,  New Police Story, The Myth and Rob-B Hood etc.    

I'm sure Half of Loaf of Kung Fu will released sometime next year.

They may not even release all 3 hence why if they only picked one more Who Am I would be my hope despite hoping for both it and first strike but they take a longer time so who knows if all 3 are planned or 2 or just 1 more

I am not sure what 88's plans are next Sammo?, Yuen Biao?, no idea what their plans are

• Like 3