The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

2 hours ago, LiuYiLong said:

With all of yesterday's 88 Films announcements,

I made a PT2 video to a wee video series I've been doing collating all the (mostly) Asian Blu Ray releases coming out between Aug-Dec, the second part is almost entirely 88 Films details ( with a few Third Window releases in between them)

Some clips from the new Armour of God trailer and from the openings of Legendary Weapons of China, Flag of Iron and Shaolin Mantis to help break up my ramblings.

Anyone interested can watch it here:

Nice, the first one was helpful. Maybe you should've waited though, announcement coming from a big American label next week!

• Like 3

I envy you all I wish there was more among my favorite genres and actors but I am also thankful as well as its less to buy and less to track down if every girls with guns and action movie from all my favorite actors were gems my bank account would be hurting a lot more over the future as it stands I have 24 titles on my wish list some have been confirmed for future releases others have not as of yet 16 are Hong Kong action films and 8 are American Action films I am thankful its only a small amount left to upgrade should all 24 get great releases but I do wish my favorite actors had a lot more gems than they did have in their careers as well

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ZenkaigerBat
2 hours ago, AslanBey said:

It would be awesome when this happened. Especially fongsaiyuk and taichi. And also the one with the little kid in ancient china ( legend of the red dragon??? Legend of shaolin???)

Are there any current nice releases of fongsaiyuk?

New Legend of Shaolin is very good the first of Jet Li's flims with Xia Miao  aka Mo Tse  he's known as nowadays.  Along with My Father is a Hero aka that bs title Mirahacks gave The Enforcer bs title. Only the blu-ray release has the Cantonese track / awful english dub. Those flims i wouldn't mind  getting the 88 Flims release.  The only ones on the topic of good releases of Fong Sai Yuk dvds are decent releases outside of the first one being released by Dragon Dynasty. Unknown why the sequel wasn't released by the label?  The first one released by Dragon Dynasty had some special features, including a Bey Logan commentary that was released on DVD/Blu-ray. 

The DVDs are uncut,  also have the original mono sound in Cantonese /Mandarin  No English dub track released by Universe Laser &Video CO Limited.

Edited by ZenkaigerBat
I wanted to add more stuff
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

I'll get it, but not a fan of the film really. Would've preferred Kiss of the Dragon out of his western movies.

Kiss of the dragon AND Romeo must die ! I loved these two movies ! Years ago, I also got Craddle 2 Grave in French, if I remember Well for just 2 le 3 euros ! I don' t remember the plot, but it seems to le that I enjoyed it, may be less than Jet Li' s Shaolin and WFH's movies, of course.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Nice, the first one was helpful. Maybe you should've waited though, announcement coming from a big American label next week!

Thank you mate, I did consider waiting, but I'm trying to make a video a day for the channel just now, and if the rumours about that certain big US label release prove true, and it's what many are speculating it is, 

then it's well worth a video all on its own ;)

• Like 5

The One was an awful movie in so many ways but I'm still surprised to see it did over $70 million at the box office. Probably his second highest grossing non-Asian movie after Romeo Must Die. I'm not counting The Expendables or Lethal Weapon 4 since he wasn't the lead in those films. I wouldn't mind a Eureka or 88 release of Danny the Dog if they can ever get the rights or license. That was one was underrated especially the over the top performance by Bob Hoskins as Jet Li's handler.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, LiuYiLong said:

With all of yesterday's 88 Films announcements,

I made a PT2 video to a wee video series I've been doing collating all the (mostly) Asian Blu Ray releases coming out between Aug-Dec, the second part is almost entirely 88 Films details ( with a few Third Window releases in between them)

Some clips from the new Armour of God trailer and from the openings of Legendary Weapons of China, Flag of Iron and Shaolin Mantis to help break up my ramblings.

Anyone interested can watch it here:

Just watched it, and subscribed to your channel! Your review of ONE-ARMED BOXER was fantastic, and now I’m really excited for the film, as I’ve never seen it and it’s on its way to me as I type this…

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LiuYiLong said:

Thank you mate, I did consider waiting, but I'm trying to make a video a day for the channel just now, and if the rumours about that certain big US label release prove true, and it's what many are speculating it is, 

then it's well worth a video all on its own ;)

Aha I see. Good work!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

Just watched it, and subscribed to your channel! Your review of ONE-ARMED BOXER was fantastic, and now I’m really excited for the film, as I’ve never seen it and it’s on its way to me as I type this…

Thank you! Much appreciated and really glad you enjoyed it! One Armed Boxer is a treat, let me know what you make of it when you get it!! I would heartily recommend The Chinese Boxer too!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LiuYiLong said:

Thank you! Much appreciated and really glad you enjoyed it! One Armed Boxer is a treat, let me know what you make of it when you get it!! I would heartily recommend The Chinese Boxer too!

I’ll be ordering that one too, as soon as it hits Amazon US for preorder!

• Like 4

88 have added up 4 of their Upcoming Shaw's Titles to their website ( not for pre-order yet) But it gives us all a few more details about whats on each disc... Very, very happy to hear we're getting Poster's ( As well as alternate covers ) for each from our own favourite Sharpie Samurai @KUNG FU BOB who has also penned an article for the booklet for Disciples of Shaolin.

Extremely excited for these releases. 

Legendary Weapons especially, I can't wait to see a proper remastered print for,

it's one of my very favourite Lau Kar Leung flicks.

Anyways, here's the latest info...

The Chinese Boxer - (Sep 27th Region B / November 9th Region A)

• LIMITED EDITION Slipcase with brand-new artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien
  • Double-Sided A3 Foldout Poster
  • Booklet Notes ‘Hong Kong’s Famous Fight Life’ by Andrew Graves
  • Restored HD Master in 2.35:1 Aspect Ratio
  • English LPCM Mono 2.0

• Mandarin LPCM Mono 2.0

• Newly-translated English Subtitles

• Audio Commentary with Film journalist Samm Deighan

• "Open Hand Combat" - Interview with Journalist David West

• "Wong Ching at Shaw" - Interview with Actor Wong Ching

• US 'Hammer of God' Trailer
  • Hong Kong Trailer
  • English Trailer
  • US TV Spot

• Reversible sleeve with brand-new artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien & Original Hong Kong poster artwork

Disciples Of Shaolin - ( Sep 27th Region B / Date TBC for Region A)

• LIMITED EDITION Slipcase with brand-new artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien
  • Extensive Booklet Notes ‘The Visceral Martial Arts Cinema of Chang Cheh’ by Matthew Edwards, ‘International Bright Young Thing A look back on The Disciples of Shaolin and its charismatic star Alexander Fu Sheng’ by Andrew Graves and An article By Kung Fu Bob!

• English LPCM Mono

• Mandarin LPCM Mono 2.0 

• Newly Translated English Subtitles

• Audio Commentary with Film journalist and Author Samm Deighan

• Audio Commentary with Asian cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema

• Jamie Luk at Shaw Brothers - Interview with Actor / Director Jamie Luk

• Original Trailer

• Reversible sleeve with brand-new artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien & Original Hong Kong poster artwork

The Flag of Iron ( 25th Oct Region B / Date TBC for Region A)

• Extensive Booklet Notes "Red and Black Attack Unfurling the Fury of Cheh Chang’s Gloriously Inventive Martial Arts Masterwork, The Flag of Iron (1980)" by Andrew Graves

• English LPCM Mono

• Mandarin LPCM Mono 2.0 

• Features TBC

Legendary Weapons of China ( 25th Oct Region B / Date TBC for Region A)

• Extensive Booklet Notes "A Strange Call to Arms - Revisiting the Odd Landscape of Chia-Liang Liu’s Early 80s Martial Arts Flick, The Legendary Weapons of China (1982)" by Andrew Graves

• English LPCM Mono

• Mandarin LPCM Mono 2.0 

• Audio Commentary by Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
  • Eighteen Weapons - David West on Legendary Weapons of China

• Like 10

• Administrator
21 hours ago, LiuYiLong said:

88 have added up 4 of their Upcoming Shaw's Titles to their website ( not for pre-order yet) But it gives us all a few more details about whats on each disc... Very, very happy to hear we're getting Poster's ( As well as alternate covers ) for each from our own favourite Sharpie Samurai @KUNG FU BOB who has also penned an article for the booklet for Disciples of Shaolin.

Extremely excited for these releases. 

Legendary Weapons especially, I can't wait to see a proper remastered print for,

it's one of my very favourite Lau Kar Leung flicks.

Anyways, here's the latest info...

Disciples Of Shaolin - ( Sep 27th Region B / Date TBC for Region A)

• Extensive Booklet Notes ‘The Visceral Martial Arts Cinema of Chang Cheh’ by Matthew Edwards, ‘International Bright Young Thing A look back on The Disciples of Shaolin and its charismatic star Alexander Fu Sheng’ by Andrew Graves and An article By Kung Fu Bob!

Hey all, there is a mistake in the above announcement from 88 Films. I do not have an article in the booklet for DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN. The article in question is actually by our very own @Karlos. :wink:

@LiuYiLong thanks for the hype (and new nick-name) about my upcoming covers. Though I'm thrilled to be doing all of these Shaw Brothers titles, Lau Sifu is tops in my book, so I'm ecstatic about working on art for his films. LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA is an awesome film, and the climactic duel

Spoiler

between real-life kung fu master brothers Lau Kar-Leung and Lau Kar-Wing

is IMHO the greatest showcase of weapons fight choreography ever committed to film. Even if I weren't involved in this release I would be freaking out that a proper Blu-ray is coming from 88 Films for this movie. I can't wait to have it in my hands and to watch it over and over again!

• Like 13

88films pre-orders are not available on Amazon.it while Arrow stuff yes, I don't understand ...I have to order them on Amazon.it to be sure of the total price without meeting customs:dull

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JackieRome said:

88films pre-orders are not available on Amazon.it while Arrow stuff yes, I don't understand ...I have to order them on Amazon.it to be sure of the total price without meeting customs:dull

Same problem here in germany. Millionaires express surprised me with customs.

Is the price on amazon definitely the endprice?

• Like 1

Great news. I wanted to preorder all the new releases from 88 because of the points, but they still aren't available there and I guess that I'll end up preordeing them from amazon, if I don't want to miss them...

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm curious. Who owns the complete library of 88 films so far? That's like thousands and thousands of dollars. Ya'll goin pay my mortgage? How's rent a month? Taxes, ya'll pay em? J/k J/K J/K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Great news. I wanted to preorder all the new releases from 88 because of the points, but they still aren't available there and I guess that I'll end up preordeing them from amazon, if I don't want to miss them...

88 only put their new releases up for pre-order shortly before they are available to ship. They won't sell out before the pre-order page opens. I'll be ordering from them for the points.

• Like 2

thundered mantis

I wanted to wait for the points, but ended up picking the preorders from Zavvi. 

Armour of God I do have the nordic release, but will get the 88 for sure

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

We DEF need a good remastered release of Fong Sai Yuk and Tai-Chi on BluRay!!

Man it would be awesome if they get the deluxe treatment from 88.

I would like to know how the situation is or whether 88 or eureka are planning to release them in the near future.

• Like 3