Movies Avenging Father's Death

SMK

Can any of you help me by coming up with a list of movies where a character mentions avenging their fathers death. I appreciate the help.

2 movies mentioned by @venom10463

The Revenger (1980)
The Daredevils (1979)

Thanks everyone.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, SMK said:

Can any of you help me by coming up with a list of movies where a character mentions avenging their fathers death.

The plot for The Master Killers(1980), is about two men who are out to avenge their fathers death.

• Like 3

As I remember, the plot of Return of the Deadly Blade has David Chiang avenging the death of his father, played by Legendary Superkicker Hwang Jang Lee.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

If I'm not mistaken, the heroine of Blood Revenge is out to avenge both her father and mother's deaths.

I watched so many of this kind of movies and not a single title comes to my mind at this moment !! 😡

If I'm not mistaken, Nancy Yen is out to avenge her father in The Dragon Missile.

Paul Chiu Kong wants to get revenge for his father's death in Swords of Heaven and Hell.

• Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang

In BROTHERS FIVE, the eponymous brothers practice to avenge their father, Lily Ho avenges her father in THE LADY PROFESSIONAL, Ling Yun avenges both father and mother in TWIN BLADES OF DOOM. In FIERCE AMONG STRONG Li Yi Min avenges his father, in KNIFE OF DEVIL'S ROARING AND SOUL MISSING Tan Tao Liang avenges his father and brother, in THE SHAOLIN KIDS Polly Shang Kuan avenges her father, in SNAKE CRANE SECRET Meng Fei and Tan Tao Liang avenge their father.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Lily Ho avenges her father in THE LADY PROFESSIONAL

Really ? I remember her only being a killer, but I have totally forgotten this part of the plot, even after at least three watchings ! Shame on me !

• Like 5

A bit obvious, but Executioners from Shaolin (1977), Wong Yue exacts revenge upon Lo Lieh for killing his father played by Chen Kuan Tai.

• Like 5

Chu Liu Hsiang
12 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Really ? I remember her only being a killer, but I have totally forgotten this part of the plot, even after at least three watchings ! Shame on me !

In the course of the movie it is revealed that she became a killer to avenge her father, and then became more and more entangled because a guy is blackmailing her. I only remember that because I sometimes make short notes on the movies I watch, to help me remember what I have seen :angel:

• Like 7

Super Ninja
6 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I only remember that because I sometimes make short notes on the movies I watch, to help me remember what I have seen

Man, I review every movie I've seen for the exact same reason. I have the memory of a goldfish, sometimes I forget if I even liked the movie and how much. It can be just a short review for my personal use, proved to be very useful.

• Like 5

J.J. Hayden

Jet Li in 1993's The Evil Cult. Even though there's a lot going on, I'm sure that part of his character's motivation is to avenge the death of his parents.

• Like 5

Kong Ban, Essie Lin Chia and the other actress avenge their respective fathers against Chen Hung Lieh in Black Swordsman and White Swordsman.

• Like 6

J.J. Hayden

Jackie Chan is avenging his father's murder in Shanghai Knights.

Same with Jet Li in the first Shaolin Temple movie.

I believe JC is also avenging his father in Master With Cracked Fingers.

Tony Jaa seeks revenge for his father as well getting back his elephant in Warrior King.

Daniel Wu in The Banquet, it is based on Hamlet after all.

I think Gordon Liu in The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin? It's been a while since I've seen it so maybe someone else can confirm.

I think Hiroyuki Sanada in Ninja In The Dragon's Den is partly motivated by revenge for his father.

• Like 8

Chen Hung Lieh

Hero of the Wild (1977)
The young Ting Wa-Chung seeks revenge on Chen Hsing who pushed his father into suicide. Chen Hsing, not the bad guy as you might expect, paradoxically teaches the boy until he's strong enough to take revenge on him. Unusual plot, great movie.

Gallant Duo (1972)
Wang Yu is working for an Eunuch without to know that he killed his father. The rest you can guess.

Supreme Sword (1969):
Connie Chan Po-Chu seeks revenge for her parents who committed suicide after being framed by the Four Tigers gang.

Paragon of Sword and Knife 1+2 (1967/1968):
Connie Chan Po-Chu (again, this time playing a male) and his/her sister seeking revenge on the mastermind who once framed and later killed their parents.

Vengeance of the Phoenix Sisters (1968):
The parents of three little girls were killed by bandits. The girls grow up separately, on their pursuit for revenge they find each other again and unite against the culprits. Black & White wuxia in Taiwan language.

• Like 9

J.J. Hayden

Jackie Chan again, in Rush Hour 2. John Lone admits to murdering his former partner, JC's father.

Gary Daniels in the live action version of Fist Of The North Star. His father is played by Malcolm McDowell of all people. Such a strange movie, a waste of some talented actors and didn't really allow Gary to really show his stuff.

Only other one I can remember is Loren Avedon and Keith Vitali in No Retreat No Surrender 3 : Blood Brothers. Their father was CIA or something and was murdered by a colleague whom they uncover.

I was looking over my DVD collection but this was all I could remember well enough.

I also found it interesting that I can't think of a Western movie (as in not Asian) where they revenge plot was for the father. Except Princess Bride :P

• Like 6

NoKUNGFUforYU

Fu Sheng as Fang Shih Yu in Men From the Monastery, Shaolin Temple and Shaolin Avengers. Just about any film, Fang Shih Yu goes to Shaolin to get revenge for his dad, which is against Buddhist teachings, hence the conflict. I can't recall if he did in Prodigal Boxer. I can't stand Meng Fei, so I just don't remember. He was nobody when we were watching these in the 70's Chinatown.

Wang Chung, Street Gangs of Hong Kong/The Delinquent avenges his dad's death then kills himself for the shame of inadvertently causing his dad's death.

Rider of Revenge. A Girl Fighter Actually, most Taiwanese Wu Xia have avenging dad motifs.

• Like 7

J.J. Hayden

Can't believe I forgot this one: Kim Jin-soo in Korean Boy (aka Thunder Ninja Kids - Little Kickboxer) seeks revenge against the Thai Boxer who killed his father in the ring.

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 5