Creed III (2023) - Michael B. Jordan, Tessa Thompson, Phylicia Rashad

AlbertV

It's official. Michael B. Jordan is returning as Adonis "Creed" Johnson for a third installment of the Rocky spin-off franchise. Not only will Jordan star in the film, but he will make his directorial debut on the project. The script is from Keenan Coogler and Zach Baylin, based on an outline by original Creed helmer Ryan Coogler. Tessa Thompson and Phylicia Rashad are also returning for the film but no sign of Sylvester Stallone, who maybe has made good on his promise that his final appearance as Rocky Balboa was in Creed II

The film also has a November 23, 2022 release date locked in.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/michael-b-jordan-creed-3-director-tessa-thompson-1234876097/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Loved the first movie. It was the perfect "Passing the Torch" film for the Rocky Series. I still need to see the sequel(Which I will probably get to soon in anticipation for this movie), but I am defiantly hyped to see another one coming. 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 2:35 PM, saltysam said:

i think Stallone will be in it,even if only briefly.

Actually, it is confirmed from Jordan himself that Rocky will NOT be in the film. 

“[We] really want to build this story and this world around [Adonis] moving forward… I think that Sly let it be known that he wasn’t coming back for this one but I think, you know, his essence and his spirit… there’s always going to be a little bit of Rocky within Adonis.

But this is a Creed franchise, and we really want to build this story and this world around him moving forward. So, it’s always respect and always a s–t-ton of love for what he’s built, but we really want to push and navigate Adonis forward and the family that he created. So, hopefully, you guys will love what I’m thinking… what we’re cooking up. I think it’s going to be something special.”

• Like 3

Boxing champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez will make his film debut in the film. Michael B. Jordan made the announcement on his Instagram. The film will be coming out March 3, 2023.

• Like 1

I liked this,well made and Jonathon Majors was fantastic.My only complaint was the cgi stadiums and crowds,I think the real thing would have been a better option but maybe more expensive and difficult to do.Great entry in the Rocky universe even without Rocky.👍👍👍👍

• Like 1

I haven't watched it yet but already hate it :laugh

Working at a theater THIS movie has brought on some of the worst crowd. Think F&F bad... Sorry!?

In some places they even had fights breaking out during shows. Yeah, I stopped trying to make sense of it all.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 1:01 PM, laagi said:

Working at a theater THIS movie has brought on some of the worst crowd. Think F&F bad... Sorry!?

In some places they even had fights breaking out during shows. Yeah, I stopped trying to make sense of it all.

I can relate to this. These days, I'd rather watch movies at early afternoon than evening. The worst crowds are always at evening.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DiP said:

I can relate to this. These days, I'd rather watch movies at early afternoon than evening. The worst crowds are always at evening.

Unfortunately I hear that A LOT and it kind of makes me sad and angry. We shouldn't be the ones to surrender to this kind of behavior BUT this is probably not the right place to rant about it LOL.

• Like 1

Liked this better than the second part, great casting, believable, well developed storyline (except the ultra-predictable OTT-drama of  Creed's mum passing!) Once again a thrill to watch the montage of training scenes! And, yeah, as has been noted, the CGI crowd enhancement and stadium was a distraction for a hot minute.

• Like 2

Just had a rewatch of Rocky 1-6 and the first two Creeds. Will definitely see this one but just can't imagine this movie without Stallone.Surely he would've done a cameo at least.

• Like 1

I think this installment surpasses part 2 easily, and is slightly behind part 1.

The subplots of every main character was well balanced and showcased, and the themes of friendship, betrayal, and dramatics brought out a more developed and lively story compared to a traditional linear one that the other two installments, and pretty much every Rocky movie has used too many times.

Nice seeing some familiar faces from the earlier movies, as well as real-life world boxing champions being featured (Jose Benavidez, Terence Crawford, Canelo Alvarez). Lovely boxing scenes as well, a tad better than part 2 and as great as part 1. Creed vs Anderson has the same speed, intensity, and was quite technical in comparison to Creed vs Conlan. Great stuff!

Edited by DiP
  • Like 1

Michael B. Jordan to Direct ‘Creed 4,’ Says Producer Irwin Winkler.

“We’re planning to do ‘Creed 4’ right now — it’s in the works — and we think we have a really good story, a really good plot,” Winkler said, adding that the plans were delayed “because of strike, like everybody else” but “probably a year from now we’re going for pre-production.”

I can't wait for CREED 5 when he goes broke and has to go to Onlyfans out of desperation!