Red Sonja - Millenium Films

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

There have been rumours of a revived version of Red Sonja for some time now. Robert Rodgriguez was attached to the project at one time, with Rose Mcgowan set to star. It seem's there are now new plans to bring the Robert E.Howard character back to screen.

Tasha Huo, the rising screenwriter who is showrunning and executive producing the upcoming animated Tomb Raider series for Netflix and Legendary, has been tapped to write the long-gestating fantasy reboot with director Joey Soloway. Millennium will be pre-selling the film at next week's EFM.

Source- https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tasha-huo-writing-red-sonja-joey-soloway-millennium

rsvol200covhardmannodress.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

I would love to see a good Red Sonja film. She is such a great character in the comics(Haven't seen the first movie about her. I need to remedy that). If done right, this could really be something special. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws
18 hours ago, DarthKato said:

(Haven't seen the first movie about her. I need to remedy that).

The 1980's screen version is pretty bad, but not without its merits.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The 1980's screen version is pretty bad, but not without its merits.

Looks like it might be pretty fun to watch. I enjoy 80s fantasy films like this. 

• Like 2

Ant-Man and the Wasp villain and soon to be seen as Jill Valentine in Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City, Hannah John-Kamen is the new Red Sonja. The news was announced today. Joey Soloway is directing the film based on a script Soloway co-wrote with Tasha Huo.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/red-sonja-star-hannah-john-kamen-1234967207/

• Like 3

DarthKato
3 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Ant-Man and the Wasp villain and soon to be seen as Jill Valentine in Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City, Hannah John-Kamen is the new Red Sonja. The news was announced today. Joey Soloway is directing the film based on a script Soloway co-wrote with Tasha Huo.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/red-sonja-star-hannah-john-kamen-1234967207/

Hmm..I will wait for a trailer as I always do. Hopefully they give her a red wig or something. Cannot have "Red" Sonja if you take the red away. lol

• Like 2

af66fc9cd12c909c15559545baf7290c.jpg

Hannah John-Kamen is no longer taking the role due to a schedule conflict and Joey Soloway will now only be writing the screenplay with Tasha Huo. It was announced that Matilda Lutz (above) will now play the titular Red Sonja, Wallis Day will play the antagonist, Sonja's half-sister Annisia, and Robert Sheehan will play Draygen. MJ Bassett (Rogue, Endangered Species) is directing the film, now in production in Bulgaria and will complete filming in Greece. 

Michael Bisping, Martyn Ford, Eliza Matengu, Manal El-Feitury and Katrina Durden are all appearing in the film as well.

https://deadline.com/2022/08/red-sonja-film-casts-matilda-lutz-wallis-day-robert-sheehan-1235098151/

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 5:28 PM, AlbertV said:

The first photo of Matilda Lutz as Red Sonja was posted

first-photo-the-new-red-sonja.jpg

Damn, that looks sick! Her hair is actually red! 

• Like 1