Zara Phythian

DragonClaws

large-1506937344-6c0e36a361f2311b378907875abd747d.jpg

Mini Biography & Filmography

I was actually competing in USA when I got spotted for a film, on returning to UK after the film project (which was a Sci -Fi, no martial arts at all) I got the indie film bug, and it was then I realised to my amazement there was so much going on back here with stunt fighting in martial art UK productions. - Zara Pythian

The 13 time World Martial Arts champion Zara Phythian, was born on the 10th of May 1984. When she was seven Zara was introduced to Karate by her father. Before reaching her teenage years, she had achieved a Black Belt in Shotokan Karate. Going onto study Wu Shu, Kickboxing, Ho Shin Sul, and Taekwondo through her teen year's. At the age of twenty-one she was the first British Martial Artist to be inducted into International Kickboxing & Karate Hall of Fame.

A student of Drama at Carlton De Willows in Nottinghamshire, she landed her first role in the 2006 production Crops. Making her Martial Arts movie debut alongside Mark Strange and Joey Ansah, in Underground(2007). Leading to a starring role in the Horror movie The Hike(2011), directed by Rupert Byran. She also doubled Bianca Bree Van Damme, in comedy Sci-Fi film Aline Uprising(2012). She an accomplished fight choreographer and stunt woman. In 2016 Miss Phythian got a supporting role in the Marvel film Dr Strange, appearing alongside fellow action star Scott Adkins.

Bruce Lee still does it for me. You just think, the films were made in the 70’s yet he still commands that tingle down your spine when he is on screen. Jet Li is also a hero of mine, but to be honest I love most martial art movies, USA, HK, Europe etc, Cynthia Rothrock I’m a big admirer of too, I still think she’s the queen of martial arts ha-ha. - Zara Pythian

The actress, award winning business woman and Martial Artist continues to find work in commercials, motion capture, music videos, T.V & Film. Getting a starring role in the soon to be released Horror/Martial Arts hybrid Tribal: Get Out Alive(2020). She currently set to making her presenting debut, with the up-coming Martial Arts Roadshow series. Zara also runs her own Martial Arts school called The Personal Best Academy, located in Mansfield U.K.

The quotes featured above come from the following interview.

Link- https://www.entertainmentvine.com/people/zara-phythian-interview/

Filmography

- Crops(2006)

- Underground(2007)

- Furor Age of The Innocent(2008)

- The Hike(2011)

- He Who Dares(2014)

- The Fight Room(2014)

- Warrioress(2015)

- Landlord: Time to Pay The Rent(2015)

- Doctor Strange(2016)

- Knights of The Dammed(2017)

- Cannabils & Carpet Fitter's(2017)

- Outlawed(2018)

- Dragon Kingdom(2018)

- Street Blood(2019)

- Transit 17(2019)

- Tribal Get Out Alive(2020)

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Kicking eggs off heads with Zara Phythian

- Mixed Martial Arts Multi World Champion and Actress Zara Phythian sits down with the podcast boys and talks about how she loves to kick eggs off peoples heads.......and more!

Link- http://www.notlistening.co.uk/2014/05/kicking-eggs-off-heads-with-zara.html

Zara also discussed how she once held the world record for "kicking the most objects off peoples head in a specific amount of time" which she actually did on a TV Show.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

kingofkungfu2002
On 4/27/2022 at 4:50 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Zara and her husband have been accused of having sex with a child. A 13 year old girl claims she was abused by the pair.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61248055

Both just been found guilty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61395856

Drunken Monk

Her name has now been removed from the cast of Accident Man 2 on IMDB. It seems they may end up cutting her from the movie.

kingofkungfu2002

Sentencing was today..

'At Nottingham Crown Court, Phythian, who is 37, was jailed for eight years while her husband, 59, was sentenced to 14 years in prison.'