Face/Off 2 (2022/2023)

AlbertV

What originally was thought to be a remake of the John Woo-directed hit film Face/Off is now revealed to be a direct sequel. Adam Wingard is directing and co-writing with Simon Barrett. The pivotal roles of Sean Archer and Castor Troy, played by John Travolta and Nicolas Cage will be returning but will be played by new actors.

Wingard reveals: “I would NEVER re-imagine or remake FACE/OFF. It’s a perfect action movie. Simon Barrett and I are writing a direct SEQUEL! :) :)” 

After remaking and practically destroying Death Note, it's time for Wingard to redeem himself...he's got Godzilla vs. Kong and now this...but IDK...can't see anyone other than Travolta and Cage in those roles.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/new-face-off-a-sequel-not-a-remake/

• Like 4

Just hearing that this is being made by the guy who created that awful Death Note Remake. makes me want to never go near this movie. No thanks. I will go and finally watch the original. Besides, no one can replace Nick Cage. 

• Like 4

This is one of those movies that were made the actors, not the story/script, i can't see it with different actors.

• Like 3

Cognoscente

It's crazy to think that the original movie almost starred Arnie and Sly. As charming as the original movie was, I wish it starred Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. It would have rivalled Heat.

• Like 2