Kara Huis First Movie?

DragonClaws

Question

According to the HKMDB Kara Huis first movie role was in The Brave Archer(1977). However, I found the following information that states she was first cast in Challenge of The Masters?, released in 1976. Challenge of The Maser's isnt even listed on her HKMDB filmography. Can anyone help me out with this query?.

After working at nightclubs, Hui was discovered by film director Lau Kar-leung and was cast in Lau's Challenge of the Masters (1976). After that, she participated in various films of Lau.

Link- https://peoplepill.com/people/kara-hui

That same site also states she was born on the 3rd of February, like a number of other web-sites. On the HKMDB it says she was born on the 2nd?. Anyone know which date is the correct one?.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

The only female actor credited in the credits in Challenge of the Masters is Lily Li. So i think it is a mistake or Kara Hui was an extra in the movie. Skipped the Celistial DVD and can't find her too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the video link @TibetanWhiteCrane, I posted a link to that interview in another thread. I don't think it mention's what her first movie for Shaw Brothers was though?.

8 hours ago, kuenfist said:

The only female actor credited in the credits in Challenge of the Masters is Lily Li. So i think it is a mistake or Kara Hui was an extra in the movie. Skipped the Celistial DVD and can't find her too.

Thanks @kuenfist, I'm thinking she may have just been an extra too.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yes it does, she says her first job for SB was for Chang Cheh (Brave Archer) and that her first job for LKL was Dirty Ho, as in not Challenge of the Masters... so there's your answer.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane

8 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Yes it does, she says her first job for SB was for Chang Cheh (Brave Archer) and that her first job for LKL was Dirty Ho, as in not Challenge of the Masters... so there's your answer.

That sorts that out then, having only watched it once I couldnt recall that section.

Wikipedia also lists her in Challenge of the masters and even if she isn't in it(I need to revisit it to verify ), they also list her in Chinatown Kid in 1977 prior to The brave archer...

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
18 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Wikipedia also lists her in Challenge of the masters and even if she isn't in it(I need to revisit it to verify ), they also list her in Chinatown Kid in 1977 prior to The brave archer...

Pretty sure Brave Archer came out before Chinatown Kid. Either way, the woman herself said her first job at SB was for Cheh and her first job for LKL was Dirty Ho.... that's good enough for me.

• Like 1