Wrong Turn (2021) - Charlotte Vega, Adain Bradley, Bill Sage, Matthew Modine

AlbertV

Alan McElroy, the creator of the Wrong Turn franchise, has written a reboot of his 2003 original. The new film now revolves around a worried father who searches for his daughter and her friends after they go missing. The film also shows the daughter and friends in the mountains where they encounter not so much inbred cannibals, but a self-sufficient community known as The Foundation., who don't take too kindly to outsiders. The film is coming to DVD, Blu-Ray, On Demand, and Digital on February 23. The film is directed by Mike P. Nelson

• Like 4

Not familiar with the franchise or original. This is interesting for about the first 30 minutes and after that it's just dull. Feels like a missed opportunity. The entire setting with the "foundation" was poorly executed. Some blood and gore throughout but nothing memorable. I'd skip this!

• Like 3

I finally sat down to watch this one yesterday and you know what? It's really fuckin' good. Let me begin by saying it does beat the audience over the head with some egregious themes but if you can ignore that then Wrong Turn is a solid folk horror punctuated with some awesome, gory kills.
It also takes what works from the original and makes it mature and less cheesy. It's a nice switch up from the first film and its seemingly infinite sequels.

As a warning, there are some VERY silly choices in this film. They're not cheesy so much as they're just stupid. And I don't mean stuff like a girl goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I mean there are some ludicrous script choices and one of the silliest dream sequences you'll ever see.

But it's fun! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I finally sat down to watch this one yesterday and you know what? It's really fuckin' good. Let me begin by saying it does beat the audience over the head with some egregious themes but if you can ignore that then Wrong Turn is a solid folk horror punctuated with some awesome, gory kills.
It also takes what works from the original and makes it mature and less cheesy. It's a nice switch up from the first film and its seemingly infinite sequels.

As a warning, there are some VERY silly choices in this film. They're not cheesy so much as they're just stupid. And I don't mean stuff like a girl goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I mean there are some ludicrous script choices and one of the silliest dream sequences you'll ever see.

But it's fun! 

Let's not forget the end credits....

I interviewed director Mike Nelson about the film.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2