Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021) - Kaya Scodelario, Robbie Amell, Hannah John-Kamen, Avan Jogia

AlbertV

It's coming out on September 3, 2021...a new Resident Evil movie. However, there are no Paul WS Anderson or Milla Jovovich. As a matter of fact, this new movie will actually be a reboot that will take the original game's horror tone and story and bring it to the big screen. The film is already shot and ready to go. The Maze Runner's Kaya Scodelario will play Claire Redfield and Robbie Amell (the first half of Firestorm in the Arrowverse and is Stephen's cousin) is playing Chris Redfield. Hannah John-Kamen is playing Jill Valentine and Avan Jogia is playing Leon S. Kennedy. The film is directed by Johannes Roberts (47 Meters Down: Uncaged), who co-wrote the film with Mortal Kombat '21 co-writer Greg Russo.

https://collider.com/resident-evil-movie-reboot-origin-story-release-date/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

Finally! Been waiting for this to happen for a long time. I think they did a pretty good job with getting people that at least  look the part for Claire and Chris(Not sure how they will do actually portraying them). But why the race-swapping of Jill and Leon? Hasn't Hollywood figured out yet that it's a very bad idea? But, It might not be that bad in this case, due to both the actors being fairly light skinned, but its still such a dumb thing to do. I will wait for a Trailer, as I always do, before making a judgement call. 

Oh, and I guess this will be set over the course of the original trilogy of games, since Leon and Claire are also it? They could just do the first game as flashbacks and just set the movie over the course of the events of RE-2&3 to simplify things. I don't know, I just hope its better than what we got the first time around. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Finally! Been waiting for this to happen for a long time. I think they did a pretty good job with getting people that at least  look the part for Claire and Chris(Not sure how they will do actually portraying them). But why the race-swapping of Jill and Leon? Hasn't Hollywood figured out yet that it's a very bad idea? But, It might not be that bad in this case, due to both the actors being fairly light skinned, but its still such a dumb thing to do. I will wait for a Trailer, as I always do, before making a judgement call. 

Oh, and I guess this will be set over the course of the original trilogy of games, since Leon and Claire are also it? 

I think co-writer Greg Russo said it will cover the first 2 games and bring that tone. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AlbertV said:

I think co-writer Greg Russo said it will cover the first 2 games and bring that tone. 

Seems like it might be a lot of territory to cover in just one movie.

• Like 3

Cognoscente

I remember playing the PS games hoping that they would do an actual adaptation. I'm looking forward to this.

• Like 3

DarthKato
On 5/2/2021 at 6:40 AM, Cognoscente said:

I remember playing the PS games hoping that they would do an actual adaptation. I'm looking forward to this.

Same here. Shame the first attempt wasn't a very good adaption(Even if it was an okay movie). Hopefully we will get the movie we always wanted this time around. 

• Like 2

first-photos-resident-evil-film-reboot.j
Avan Jogia as Leon S. Kennedy and Kaya Scodelario as Claire Redfield.

4YaIwJu.jpeg
RFTHW1i.jpeg

The film is coming out on November 24.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AlbertV said:

first-photos-resident-evil-film-reboot.j
Avan Jogia as Leon S. Kennedy and Kaya Scodelario as Claire Redfield.

4YaIwJu.jpeg
RFTHW1i.jpeg

The film is coming out on November 24.

Lets see:

1. Leon S. Kennedy: Doesn't look like him at all. Not even a little bit(Except the uniform). I was just watching someone on YouTube who said that he looks more like Carlos, which I agree with. They defiantly should have gotten someone else for that part. If you were to ask me(A life-long fan), who this was, I wouldn't have known(If it was simply a headshot. A full-bodied shot is kind of a giveaway because of the uniform). 
  2. Claire Redfield: She looks close enough. Seem that they went with her new look, which is fine. So yeah, this was a pretty decent pick. 
  3. Chris Redfield: They nailed it with this one! He looks exactly like Chris from the original game. Very nice pick.
  4. Jill Valentine: Another pretty good pick. I wasn't so sure about the actress to start with, but having seen her now, she seems like a pretty decent pick. 
  5. Wesker: Kind of hard to see his face, so I cannot really make a judgement. The only gripe I kind of have is that he should have his sunglasses, as they are kind of his trademark. But that is more a nit-pick than anything. 
  6. Barry Burton: From what I can see, he seems like a pretty good pick. But like Wesker, I cannot really get a good look at him. Guess I will have to wait for more pictures to be released before I can make a judgement on those two.
  7. Unknown Creepy Dude: I don't know who/what the hell that is, but its cool looking. lol

So yeah, I'm pretty happy so far with how this movie is going(Except with Leon). Hopefully it turns out to be a really good and faithful adaption.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Unknown Creepy Dude: I don't know who/what the hell that is, but its cool looking. lol

Spoiler

That's Lisa Trevor, the first human experiment by Umbrella.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Lets see:

1. Leon S. Kennedy: Doesn't look like him at all. Not even a little bit(Except the uniform). I was just watching someone on YouTube who said that he looks more like Carlos, which I agree with. They defiantly should have gotten someone else for that part. If you were to ask me(A life-long fan), who this was, I wouldn't have known(If it was simply a headshot. A full-bodied shot is kind of a giveaway because of the uniform). 

If this movie happened much earlier, the casting wouldn't have been subjected to this "progressive" Hollywood logic. PC is one thing, but this is something else.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, DiP said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That's Lisa Trevor, the first human experiment by Umbrella.

Ah, so that's who that is. Thanks! 

18 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

If this movie happened much earlier, the casting wouldn't have been subjected to this "progressive" Hollywood logic. PC is one thing, but this is something else.

I agree completely. 

• Like 2

We all know that trailers can make some movies look better than they actually are. But I gotta give it to them, they managed to capture the spirit of the games in there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Karlos said:

Out from today on Netflix.

It has a few problems for sure, but I like this a lot.

Enjoy with a Jill sandwich.

Gonna watch it tomorrow.

Whenever I see Neal McDonough all I can think of is that god awful Legend of Chun Li movie. Shudder.

• Like 1

I watched this on a long-haul, after Disney's Encanto 😂 It was an interesting effecting combining such different genres.

I quite like the old movies with Alice, but this one was definitely much closer to the source material (save for Leon).

It was passable but a bit underwhelming imo. I prefer the Alice movies by far.

I guess a sequel is a no-go, since the movie reportedly lost money (then again, so did Fast X, and there's already more of that 💩 on the horizon).

• Like 2

Watching this now and why is Leon such a mumbling tool! He comes across dumb as fuck.

Also so much FUCKING GREEN SCREEN!

9Er.gif

(this may or may not be in the movie)

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 2

Nope. Didn't like it.

It just bored me to death.

The part when they get to the mansion all felt like CGI/Green Screen. Nothing felt real.

Leon got on my fucking nerves! Why was he such a timid/mumbling git!?

M.Bison wasn't a good baddie. I find the actor annoying.

None of the actors really fit the characters they were playing and the characters themselves weren't recognisable.

I loved Kaya Scodelario in Skins and she was one of the best characters in that but in this she's given fuck all to work with.

Seriously how hard is it to make a RE movie based on the 1st game! The game itself is like a movie!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Like 2