Drive (1997) 4K Blu-ray coming from MVD Rewind

Guest sevenhooks

I just watched the director's cut of Drive, picked it up for £0.35! It is incredible, I wish I had seen it sooner. How is Mark Dacascos not a huge action star? The fights are amazing and the script actually holds your attention (loved the way he called himself Sammo Hung in one scene!)

I just watched the director's cut of Drive, picked it up for £0.35! It is incredible, I wish I had seen it sooner. How is Mark Dacascos not a huge action star? The fights are amazing and the script actually holds your attention (loved the way he called himself Sammo Hung in one scene!)

It beats me. I've no idea why he's not!

TibetanWhiteCrane

Because the MA genre in the US died in the 90's. What movies other than B-grade DTV flicks is he gonna star in?

I know China Strike Force is not exactly a masterpiece, but had he stayed in Asia and tried to make a name for himself there, I think he would had a better run of films than what he was offered back home. Most likely villain roles mostly, but I like him as the badguy. He was cool in Cradle 2 the Grave, as shit as that film was.

He is a great screenfighter, that deserves much more...

He is a great screenfighter, that deserves much more...

I could not agree more.

He's always shown great charisma and good acting skills. Drive showed what he was "fully" capable of and I hope we get at least one more film from him of that caliber...in the mean time I'll deal with what we get as long as he gets to showcase some skills!!

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah.... sometimes he was used right, and sometimes not so much.

Faves are American Samurai, Only the Strong, Crying Freeman, Drive, China Strike Force and Brotherhood of the Wolf had its moments. I know i've seen the so called Kickboxer 5, but I can't remember a thing about it, probably for a reason.

• Like 1

Is that definitely going to be the blu ray cover art? 

Latest info is that it will come with

1. Reversible artwork with alternative cover.
  2. Extended Director and theatrical cut in HD.
Edited by BLfan
Additional information
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, BLfan said:

From what was i told, yes. I'd hoped they were going have a reverse cover but it doesn't seem to be the case.

• Like 2

Awesome to have this available on Blu-Ray but seriously couldn't they be bothered to at least slap a decent cover on it.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

That's original poster/cover art from back in the day... I don't see the problem.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

That's original poster/cover art from back in the day... I don't see the problem.

MVD always uses the original vhs covers to their releases.  I'm just greatful it's getting released on blu-ray period.  I' glad at least MVD uses the original VHS covers of Double Impact and Showdown etc...  Other than using  badly photoshopped  covers i've seen   prior to MVD restoring these flims...

• Like 3

The US DVD has the exact cover. I will post a picture shortly. The fact that we are finally getting a 4k remastered Blu-ray is great amazing news period!!!!! 🤓🤓🤓🎉🎉🎉

• Like 2

On 1/31/2021 at 2:41 AM, BLfan said:

Latest info is that it will come with

1. Reversible artwork with alternative cover.
  2. Extended Director and theatrical cut in HD.

According to CityOnFire, there will be a reversible cover, which I think is approximately 1000 times better. (Not great, but better):

image.png.ad31d3adc1be8d45baf9df86b42e1753.png

https://cityonfire.com/drive-directors-cut-blu-ray-mvd-rewind-steve-wang-mark-dacascos/

• Like 3

ZenkaigerBat
On 3/11/2021 at 9:35 PM, KenHashibe said:

According to CityOnFire, there will be a reversible cover, which I think is approximately 1000 times better. (Not great, but better):

image.png.ad31d3adc1be8d45baf9df86b42e1753.png

https://cityonfire.com/drive-directors-cut-blu-ray-mvd-rewind-steve-wang-mark-dacascos/

This is my prefer that too. ill end using that cover once my blu-ray arrives in may.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Oh man I misread the notifications and thought Thundering Mantis was getting a 4k release from MVD LMAO! It was just @thundered mantis liking a post to this.  I do love me some dacascos though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Super Ninja

Drive is on my shame list I must admit. I heard nothing but good stuff and have been wanting to see it for a while now. I'm so glad I'll  have my premiere on blu! 

• Like 3

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Drive is on my shame list I must admit. I heard nothing but good stuff and have been wanting to see it for a while now. I'm so glad I'll  have my premiere on blu! 

I watched it back in the 90's, it used to turn up on British T.V a lot when I was back in School. Then I purchased the Region 2 Directors Cut release by defnct label Medusa. Whichh was one of the highest selling retail DVDs of its time. At least for the period in which it was first released.

• Like 8