Fatal Contact - WTF?!

Guest D1 Ma

Finally, I watched the original version of the film and I'm REALLY pissed at those Mainland censors. I'm kinda used to different (HK an Mainland) versions of films, but this time they've outdone themselves. It's like watching two totally different flicks!!! Different fights, different editing, different story, different ending and totally different genre!!! While mainland version is a romantic movie with some fights sprinkled in, the HK version is a much more brutal and violent tragedy!!

I couldn't believe what I saw! It's getting beyond ridiculous now! The worst part is that the Mainland version also worth seeing! So, you can't just ignore it. You actually have to get both versions! @#$%^&*!!!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Big Mike Leeder

The mainland version with its addition of a subplot explaining that Wu jing was forced to fight illegally for the sake of members of his family...along with random edits inside the fight scenes

It is frustrating now, but agree the mainland version also has a few moments that should have been in the HK version too

Wu jing in top form, and a nice array of opponents including various members of JC stunt-team, Andy On, Kenji Tanigaki, Timmy Hung etc

Guest The Running Man

Fellas...there is already a thread on this movie that's currently on the same page as this one..

There's no need to make another one.

Click here.

Tigerstyles - I purchased this DVD at the exact same price as you also. Shame CDWOW does not stock this title anymore at the moment. I will watch this fully during the weekend and post my comments. I had a quick watch of the fight scene with the Wu Jing vs the guy from Kung Fu Hustle (pretty good fight scene).

Guest ToothbrushFu

I kinda liked this although the script is quite bad and the 2 lead actresses are hopeless. Its a shame because with the action they have here a tighter script could have delivered a nice dark gritty martial arts drama, but it falls flat at so many moments, and Wu Jing - not the greatest of actors himself - has nothing to work with to create a character with any depth. Still, he's as good as you'd expect in the fight scenes.

Archived