PG: Psycho Goreman (2021) - Nita-Josee Hanna, Owen Myre, Matthew Ninabar

AlbertV

Coming out this Friday, this is the story of a brother and sister who unearth a gem, which in turns unleash a nameless alien hellbent on destroying the universe...until the sister is revealed to have the gem and can now control this alien to do her bidding. Meanwhile, the alien race who imprisoned him have gotten wind of his return and a battle on Earth is imminent. Sounds crazy and looks crazy! From the director of The Void. The film's fight choreographer is none other than Contracts filmmaker Alex Chung, who also has a brief role as of PG's rivals. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

Not going to lie, this looks amazing! Like Terminator 2(Kid controlling an unstoppable killing machine) meets Power Rangers(The goofy looking aliens threatening Earth). Defiantly on my to-watch list.

• Like 2

This was an insane movie...a meshing of family adventure and gory horror with some pretty hilarious and shocking moments! My full review is here and later today, I will have an exclusive interview with writer/director Steven Kostanski.

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2021/01/20/pg-psycho-goreman-2021/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

This was such a pleasant surprise, great little movie! It's funny, the gore and FX are superb, Nita-Josee Hanna is great though borderline annoying, and PG as a character has the kind of charisma most of today's filmmakers with their monsters and creatures can only dream of. Honestly, I was interested in watching on account of Chung's choreo more than anything else, but even though there's very little action here, I wasn't disappointed. Points for Chung for having Darkscream pulling off that guyver. The Void didn't really live up to my expectations (the trailer looked awesome, the movie didn't deliver), PG on the other is instant cult. 

• Like 3

On 1/24/2021 at 7:01 AM, Super Ninja said:

. Points for Chung for having Darkscream pulling off that guyver. The Void didn't really live up to my expectations (the trailer looked awesome, the movie didn't deliver), PG on the other is instant cult. 

Darkscream was played by Chung himself and I agree...seeing him do the Guyver kick gave me goosebumps. I think a certain Adkins would be proud. ;)

• Like 3

On 25. 01. 2021. at 6:02 PM, AlbertV said:

Darkscream was played by Chung himself and I agree...seeing him do the Guyver kick gave me goosebumps. I think a certain Adkins would be proud. ;)

I knew he was in the movie, but didn't know which character he played. Did you get to interview him perhaps after the release of Contracts? 

• Like 2

Just now, Super Ninja said:

I knew he was in the movie, but didn't know which character he played. Did you get to interview him perhaps after the release of Contracts? 

Haven't had a chance to interview him, but who knows down the road ;)

• Like 3

I watched this this afternoon and loved every minute of it. It’s such a chaotic ride but it feels like everyone’s having the greatest time.

Gory, original and super funny. This was a really nice surprise.

• Like 5