New Korean Film Archive Restorations: Wondering Woman with Two Swords (1972) & Seoyooki (1962)

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Good news for Korean kung-fu fans, as 2 martial arts flicks were included in the restorations that the Korean Film Archive completed last year, 'Wondering Woman with Two Swords' and 'Seoyooki'.

For a full overview of the work the Archive did on restorations, check out the publication via the link -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gu6BzBGhGdS3B0t7Qt8TcvrmNQuDEW0X/view

2.jpg.53e29663aa40970c982b4bf8f583070f.jpg

1.jpg.e5e8e857d28edcb16055a5ac8afc30dd.jpg

• Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 1

32 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Good news for Korean kung-fu fans, as 2 martial arts flicks were included in the restorations that the Korean Film Archive completed last year, 'Wondering Woman with Two Swords' and 'Seoyooki'.

For a full overview of the work the Archive did on restorations, check out the publication via the link -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gu6BzBGhGdS3B0t7Qt8TcvrmNQuDEW0X/view

2.jpg.53e29663aa40970c982b4bf8f583070f.jpg

1.jpg.e5e8e857d28edcb16055a5ac8afc30dd.jpg

Will they be released on dvd ?

• Like 5

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Will they be released on dvd ?

We can dream! Although it’s worth noting the Archive stopped releasing DVD’s a few years ago, all their releases are Blu-ray only.

• Like 5

I'd buy these in a heartbeat if these came out on Blu-Ray. I have their DVD release of the two Hong Kil Dong animated movies; I really love the care put into the overall presentation (in terms of the Picture/Audio Quality and Packaging).

• Like 4

"Wondering Woman" - that has to have originated as a typo for "wandering."

Fascinating stuff - I had no idea that the Korean Film Archive produced blu rays for commercial sale. Are they English-friendly?

I don't think I've ever seen a classic Korean kung fu movie. Though I'm fond of Lee Myung-se's 2005 "Duelist," a beautiful, one of a kind oddity.

(Oh, first post. Hi, everyone. Nice place you got here.)

47 minutes ago, Yohei72 said:

"Wondering Woman" - that has to have originated as a typo for "wandering."

Ah, yes... I went to the page linked, and Google translates the Korean title as "Wandering Twin Swordswoman."

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, Yohei72 said:

Fascinating stuff - I had no idea that the Korean Film Archive produced blu rays for commercial sale. Are they English-friendly?

The movies themselves are 100% English friendly, and many of the audio commentaries often come with English subtitles too. They always come with well put together booklets as well, providing background on the movies & the state of the film industry during the era they were made. There’s a thread over on the Blu-ray forum that gets updated with their new releases, linked below -

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=299487

• Like 3

On 2/4/2021 at 11:07 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

The movies themselves are 100% English friendly, and many of the audio commentaries often come with English subtitles too. They always come with well put together booklets as well, providing background on the movies & the state of the film industry during the era they were made. There’s a thread over on the Blu-ray forum that gets updated with their new releases, linked below -

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=299487

Fantastic, thanks!

On 2/4/2021 at 10:27 PM, DragonClaws said:

Welcome to the forums @Yohei72.

giphy.gif

(Speaking of being new to the forum, I just looked up the translation of Mu Ren Zhuang and had a hearty chuckle.)

• Like 3