Dragon Dynasty Police Story

Guest The Running Man

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest limubai2000

Thanks, it's on my purchase list for this month.

I have the Universe disk and the FS remastered boxset so this will be a nice addition.

I hope they get the video issues sorted out, with the kind of cash they have and the catalog of disks coming it would be a same to see My Young Auntie at any less quality than the Celestial/IVL disk for example.

Do we know if DD has OAS or Secret Service Imperial Court?

The DD Police Story looks pretty crappy to me. I'll stick with my IVL boxset. I really couldn't give a rat's ass about mono, i have a stereo telly and 5.1 surround sound.

Oh, and from those screencaps of Iron Monkey, i think the HKL picture looks much nicer.

Guest David G Rees

Trouble is 5.1 mixes normally add crappy sound fx which spoil it...Warriors Two being a prime example...if a film was originally released and mixed in mono it should have that option on the dvd.

The HKL Police Story is good enough for me, i would rather buy a new film than double dip all the time...

Guest limubai2000

I just scored DD Police Story today at my local Kmart and I'll go with previous, the picture on my IVL boxset looks nicer.

Running Man's review very accurate as far as the video is concerned.

Guest killer meteor
The DD Police Story looks pretty crappy to me. I'll stick with my IVL boxset. I really couldn't give a rat's ass about mono, i have a stereo telly and 5.1 surround sound.

Isn't that like saying you have a colour TV so you couldn't give a rat's ass about black and white. It's attitudes like this that have led to so many great films being destroyed by remixes

the worse release of a film I've seen in a long time. The quality of the image is VERY poor compared to IVL or even the old New Line tape.

Guest chen lung
old Dimension tape.

New Line released it, not Dimension.

Is it really that bad (aside from pinkification and obvious inferiority to New Line's version):\ :o ?

they should be ashamed that a seven or eight year old tape looks better than their current release with a HD master to work with. This release really looked bad to me and I'm not picky in the least. There's more grain here than I've seen in most 70s films on DVD. If it didn't have the DD logo, I would think it was a Tai Seng release. Really.

Guest The Running Man
Picture on this looks bad. Maybe it was rushed to get out or quality control dropped the ball?

Read my review. I've established that Brian White, former head of HKLs, has no idea what he is doing when he is doing video transfers. In his HKL days he has been screwing up transfers all the time and now that he is hooked up with Harvey Weinstein it could mean a turn for the worst as we will never see HK films look that great again as long as this company owns the rights to it.

Guest monk sante

this is not a good sign, I thought the Police Story dvd would be the best available. Thank god I still have my HKL dvd.

This really sucks!:|

Archived