Duel Of Fists, The Tournament and a little bit of history

NoKUNGFUforYU

NoKUNGFUforYU

When I saw Duel of Fists as a kid, I had thought it was made as a reaction to some events that had happened around the time that the film was released to SF Chinatown. Years later I found out that most releases were delayed by two or at least one year from HK to the USA Chinatown markets. Anyway, the Tournament was most likely wish fulfillment based on the following incidents. What happened was 2 Kung fu "experts" went to Thailand to fight some pros. It did not go well. At all. Then, 4 more fighters came to "avenge the loss of face". It went bad again. The training regimen of Thai boxers should have won, there is no logic to thinking you can beat someone that gets up at the crack of dawn to run 3 or 5 quick miles, comes back, works out for an hour or two on pads and bags then comes back in the evening to spar and shadow box by training an hour or so a day 3 times a week doing mostly forms and hitting a dummy. Also, even Benny the Jet and other Karate guys could not handle these guys, though they at least made a go of it. China eventually created Sanda to combat the Thai kickboxers, but that is another story.

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=fNYDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA36&dq=Another bad night in Bangkok&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y&fbclid=IwAR0NF23GN6rFn8l4lBfObwgH-XMzRkbvLtkRNuvjj0rjUK-yJY4hhIFi1yY#v=onepage&q=Another bad night in Bangkok&f=false

• Like 7