The Star Wars Thread

Koravec

I grew bored with Mandalorian after series 1. I don't know what else they've decided to milk from these films to make stand alone side story series. Next it will be a R2D2 & C3P0 side story... (I'm not serious)

• Like 2

They showed Andor on ABC the other day, so I finally got to see it. It wasn't Sequel-Trilogy bad(I'm not sure many things could reach that level of bad), but I wasn't all that impressed. There wasn't anything really that bad about it, it was just a whole lot of "meh". It was so meh, that I don't have any desire to watch anymore of it. If this was an attempt to get me to buy the Disney+ service, they failed(I wouldn't buy it anyways, but still).

• Like 2

@DarthKato You dont have disney+? Thought you were the star wars guy. 

But yea I agree very meh-diocore shows. Its good stuff just not attention demanding to the point where it actually becomes annoying how much content I feel obligated to catch up on. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Koravec said:

@DarthKato You dont have disney+? Thought you were the star wars guy. 

I love Star Wars, but I simply refuse to buy Disney+. If they start putting the shows on blu-ray/dvd, then I’ll be more than happy to buy them.

• Like 1

Here I was thinking Disney couldn't possibly f*ck up more and started to watch another Lucas property "Willow".

I made it thru the first episode and am done with it. Seriously what's going on with these shows!?

Is Disney out on a crusade to sh*t on as many old IP's as possible? One has to wonder at this point.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DarthKato said:

I love Star Wars, but I simply refuse to buy Disney+. If they start putting the shows on blu-ray/dvd, then I’ll be more than happy to buy them.

Well Im a fellow lifelong Disney hater, personally wish they didnt own marvel, star wars, and even pixar. And I dont pay for their service myself. 

I think its fair to say nothing george lucas didnt make is canon in my opinion. Need to see if theres a petition for him to finish what he started, no matter how bizarre it is lol. 

• Like 2

With Rogue One being my favourite Star Wara movie, it makes perfect sense that I’d absolutely love Andor. Now, you do have to give it until its third episode to really get going but once it hits its stride, it’s marvelous. It balances a number of characters, espionage, politics and even throws in a heist for good measure.

By the end, I felt utterly satisfied. It sticks the landing perfectly. By far the best Star Wars series so far and one of my favourite Star Wars tales.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koravec said:

I think its fair to say nothing george lucas didnt make is canon in my opinion. Need to see if theres a petition for him to finish what he started, no matter how bizarre it is lol. 

The only Star Wars-Related thing that Disney has made that I consider canon is Rogue One. You could at least see that some passion was put into it, instead of it just being a cash-grab. Everything else was either trash or meh. I would love for someone to try and get Lucas's original idea for the sequel trilogy made. If you find a petition, I'll sign it. 

• Like 2

Omni Dragon

So then, I thought this seemed like the appropriate thread to post my personal rankings of the Star Wars movies from my personal favourite to least favourite. I need to point out that so far I've only seen the original and prequel trilogies. 

1. The Empire Strikes Back
  2. Star Wars (1977)
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. The Phantom Menace
  5. Revenge of the Sith
  6. Attack of the Clones

• Like 3

On 5/26/2023 at 4:11 PM, Omni Dragon said:

I need to point out that so far I've only seen the original and prequel trilogies. 

That's all you really need to see, but I would suggest checking out Rogue One. Its a darker film than we are used to Star Wars being, but its very good. 

• Like 2

Omni Dragon
20 hours ago, DarthKato said:

That's all you really need to see, but I would suggest checking out Rogue One. Its a darker film than we are used to Star Wars being, but its very good. 

Well of all the newer SWs, Rogue One is what looks the most interesting to me, mainly just because it has Donnie Yen as Zatoichi I mean as Chirrut Îmwe. Seriously though having Donnie Yen is what makes it look the most interesting to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Omni Dragon said:

Well of all the newer SWs, Rogue One is what looks the most interesting to me, mainly just because it has Donnie Yen as Zatoichi I mean as Chirrut Îmwe. Seriously though having Donnie Yen is what makes it look the most interesting to me.

He was pretty good in it. Him and Wen Jiang have some really fun moments together. 

• Like 2