Movies Similar to DOA: Dead or Alive? (some help?)

Guest Meiriona

Guest Meiriona

Hi again everyone!

I was recently able to see the recent video game based film "DOA: Dead or Alive", and while my opinion likely rates around that of everyone else, there's one thing that it does have that makes it, to me, completely awesome: A quartet of butt-kicking ladies!

I know that it's kind of a similar style to the "Charlie's Angels" films, as far as modern martial arts films are concerned, but...

Could anyone recommend more movies like this? They don't have to actually be "good" at all - as long as it features some (usually eye-candy) women doing what they do to make these types my favorite martial arts films.

Thank you!

- Kate

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

i suggest u check out Corey Yuen's catalog of films...he did quite a few flicks with female leads, such as the aforementioned So Close (which i enjoyed), and DOA (which i thought sucked to be honest).

check out some of the girls with guns classics from the 80s, mainly moon lee and yukari oshima flix.

Guest Liu chung liang
Could anyone recommend more movies like this?

I dunno if there is any like it, cuz that movie is based on a video game. You should just buy the newest DOA video game and play it for yourself to see more of those lady fighters. ;) :lol

If you want the usual eye-candy sexy group female ass kickerz... All I can think of is So Close. There isn't much of that Charlie's Angel type in films... You could always watch Michelle Yeoh's stuff, or the old school ladiez, but I guess you wouldn't consider them eye candy. I think Christy Chung has done a similar flick to Charlie's Angel, check on that if you like. Try Scary Movie 2... you'll see some butt-kicking ladiez. :lol

Guest The Running Man

I just want to point out that So Close is not a "tongue and cheek" type of film that DOA and Charlie's Angels were.

It's more serious of a film and takes an especially darker tone towards the end of the film.

People need to know that because all this comparison that has been thrown with Charlie's Angels (and that was only started because of early photos of the girls posing) is highly inaccurate and unsuspecting viewers would go in accepting a different film.

Naked Weapon is far more of a exploitation film than tongue and cheek.

And I haven't seen Martial Angels, but man is that one sexy cover art for it. :b

Guest MissScarlett01

And then there's anything with Cynthia Rothrock. She always plays a butt kicking chick character. Not so much the "hot babe" thing, but plenty of butts get kicked.

One that comes to mind is, "Honor and Glory." It has the add bonus of being one of Robin Shou's early films :b

well, classic GWG movies are nothing like DOA/

Even So Close isn't exactly in the same league. I'd say Naked Weapon is somewhat similar, but again, it's more bloody and brutal, kinda like SC ...

DOA was totally bloodless, PG-13 entertainment. Charlie's Angels flicks are the closest thing

Guest morgoth

So Close would be a lot more serious except for the super cheesy waw they do the story. That is why I would rate it as just a fun movie. Shu Qi's moment, a bit cheesy cheesy but still very well done.

Archived