Question about Two Tsui Hark Movies...

Guest HAZ74

Hi,

I was just wondering if Tsui Hark's "Burning Paradise" & "The Blade" ever saw a proper DVD release with the OG chinese soundtrack & subtitles? I've seen "The Blade" dubbed everywhere & I know it was recently bootlegged. I think there is a UK DVD with subs. Is that any good? Is the company MIA legit? I've also seen a french DVD of the Blade without english subs. I've heard of a German DVD of Burning Paradise & I've seen a dvd by a company called "HK" (I think). Those dvd's look kinda dodgy. (Whoops! Wrong forum: mods feel free to move this if u want 2)

Thanks

h

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Running Man

Best version of The Blade is the French release but it has no English subs. The current UK disc has been said to have very bad video quality but supposedly has a really good English subtitle translation.

Tsui Hark didn't direct Burning Paradise btw.

I've heard of a German DVD of Burning Paradise & I've seen a dvd by a company called "HK" (I think). Those dvd's look kinda dodgy.

You might be thinking of the French company "HK Video". But where did you see the discs that they look dodgy?

Hey maybe referring to this where it's Pan Media's @#%$ with the HK Video artwork ripped

Hi. That's the one - I wasn't familiar with HK, but I do know of Pan Media & I figured something's gotta be fishy with this one...

Also, Tsui Hark produced both of these movies, right? I don't think he directed "The Blade", either. Can't remember, though.

peace

h

Guest limubai2000
I've heard of a German DVD of Burning Paradise & I've seen a dvd by a company called "HK" (I think). Those dvd's look kinda dodgy.

HK Video = Panmedia before they used that name.

There appears to be a French company of the same name but that ain't it. There are quite a few boots on HK Video(Panmedia).

Archived