German DVD of Dragon Fight

Ramji

NoKUNGFUforYU

It has Dragon Fight and the Master.  Neither are very good, as the Master is basically idiotic and Dragon fight looks cheaply made, this is before Jet hit pay dirt with playing Wong Fei Hung and his career broke big with Tsui Hark, and then egos collided.

• Like 6

Thanks for the reply! I’ve never watched Dragon Fight so it’s one for the checklist even if it’s not supposed to be all that. Haha The Master isn’t that bad, has got its moments!

*just noticed the dvd is in German only so will probably won’t pick this up now*

Edited by Ramji
  • Like 3

Neither are great film-wise, but let's be honest nearly every martial arts film would never make the top 100 list of greatest films of all time. Most of us don't watch them for the plot or film making, we watch them for the fight scenes and there's definitley some great fights with Jerry Trimble in The Master and Dragon Fight though not as good has it's moments too. But if possible, it'd probably be best just to watch the fights on YT.

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU
4 hours ago, Dredderick_Tatum said:

Neither are great film-wise, but let's be honest nearly every martial arts film would never make the top 100 list of greatest films of all time. Most of us don't watch them for the plot or film making, we watch them for the fight scenes and there's definitley some great fights with Jerry Trimble in The Master and Dragon Fight though not as good has it's moments too. But if possible, it'd probably be best just to watch the fights on YT.

I'm well aware that these are not on the level of Stanley Kubrick. Hell, some of these (actually a lot!) movies did not have scripts. But you hit it on the money. Don't spend money on this one, watch the fights on youtube. It's not like Jet Li needs the money. Or will get it, for that matter. And Jerry Trimble rules. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I'm well aware that these are not on the level of Stanley Kubrick. Hell, some of these (actually a lot!) movies did not have scripts. But you hit it on the money. Don't spend money on this one, watch the fights on youtube. It's not like Jet Li needs the money. Or will get it, for that matter. And Jerry Trimble rules. 

Jerry is awesome. Certainly one of my favs to watch in actual real life matches, not many can use their legs that effectively.

• Like 3

His kicking accuracy is amazing to watch. Just from watching the clip montage, I would say he would have dominated the kicking boxing scene in the 60-70s.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ramji said:

Thanks for the reply! I’ve never watched Dragon Fight so it’s one for the checklist even if it’s not supposed to be all that. Haha The Master isn’t that bad, has got its moments!

*just noticed the dvd is in German only so will probably won’t pick this up now*

Never thought much of The Master but I loved Dragon Fight,I thought the action was decent and worth checking out.👍

• Like 2