Fist of Fury 2 - Cheap Knock Off or Important Classic?

shukocarl1441996347

Having watched this print,while it's still a little scratchy it's in far better shape than the german DVD,a little contrasty but very decent. On screen title is Chinese Connection 2. On a par qualty wise with the Pearl River releases. Be great if someone could get hold of the mandarin audio and sub this. In the meanwhile i'll make a homemade blu of this. Any experts who could knock up a custom cover :tongueout

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 2

Idk if this is the appropriate place to say or ask... But someone put a Very Very clean print of this on Prime under the Chinese Connection 2 label. If anyone knows where i can get this on Blu Ray, i would like to know. I can only guess they either stole someone elses restoration or they actually did a new restoration. Thanks

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 6:50 AM, Ah_Tao said:

Idk if this is the appropriate place to say or ask... But someone put a Very Very clean print of this on Prime under the Chinese Connection 2 label. If anyone knows where i can get this on Blu Ray, i would like to know. I can only guess they either stole someone elses restoration or they actually did a new restoration. Thanks

This is the print I have that I talked about a few posts up.i made my own custom blu ray,still looking for a custom cover

• Like 3

8DiagramAuntieFighter

I really like this movie. One of Ho Chung Tao’s best. I guess it depends on your definition of important, but at least Bruce Li can say he was in a better movie & sequel than Jackie Chan. 

On 6/30/2022 at 3:26 PM, AlexanderFu said:

It has Lo Lieh, thereby making it valid and important to the world and universe beyond.

So true 

• Like 5

On 6/30/2022 at 3:35 PM, saltysam said:

I came across a supposedly HD version of this, i expected it to be an upscale of the german DVD but just looking at the opening seconds it  seems to be a different print. Runs 99:25 and is english dubbed.

Is it the one that showed up on Cinemageddon?

vlcsnap-2022-07-14-09h38m50s871.png

vlcsnap-2022-07-14-09h39m01s133.png

vlcsnap-2022-07-14-09h40m01s494.png

vlcsnap-2022-07-14-09h40m44s371.png

vlcsnap-2022-07-14-09h40m53s320.png

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347
On 8/9/2022 at 7:06 PM, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Coming soon....

Mag cover.jpeg

I've just viewed the initial proof of the the magazine, it looks bloody great (big thanks to Nick and John)...it should  be off to be printed this week. It would make a nice collectable next to your Fist of Fury II dvd/bd (plug, plug!) Next one will be Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger...

• Like 3

shukocarl1441996347
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

How much does it cost ? And where to find it ?

It's not been costed yet (I'm hoping to just break even) and as soon as it's ready I'll announce how to get it. In the meantime PM your address to me to reserve a copy.

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347

Ok everyone. The magazine is at the printers. There will only be 50 copies so you'll have to be fast. Tried to keep the cost down however it's coming out at £10 including stiff backed envelope and recorded delivery postage in the UK.  Foreign orders will be more expensive due to postage costs. I should be sending them out next week so PM me to reserve a copy (I think 10-12 are already ordered). I'm also putting together Issue 2 on Exit the Dragon Enter the Tiger which will be even better!

UK poster.jpeg

• Like 4

shukocarl1441996347

OK, the FIST OF FURY II magazines have arrived from the printers and I'm starting to post them out, if anyone wants to buy a copy please PM me. Each one is 30 pages full colour and sent out in a stiff-backed envelope. Only 50 copies.

The next issue is devoted to EXIT THE DRAGON ENTER THE TIGER and will  hopefully have more pages!

Bruce Li shows his technique.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

shukocarl1441996347

Wow! I'm so pleased and thankful for the response to the magazine- they're flying out the door!

BIG thanks to everyone who has ordered one/more. Early reviews are good too:blush

Watch out for issue 2 soon...

Mag cover.jpeg

Edited by shukocarl1441996347
replace pic
  • Like 4

I honestly just saw this one and thought it was interesting enough. I rated it a 3 out of 5 on my blog, and would watch it again for sure. I don't think it holds up to Bruce's film, but honestly, what can? This was a good bit of cinema if you ask me. 

• Like 2

For those who may not know, BRUCE AND SHAOLIN KUNG FU was the official Korean sequel to FIST OF FURY as the Bruce Le character is Chen Chen’s brother. That one is followed by BRUCE AND SHAOLIN KUNG FU 2 and RETURN OF FIST OF FURY (about the brother of Chen Chen’s brother taking revenge - how many brothers did this guy have?).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Killer Meteor

FIST OF FURY II was made in direct competion to NEW FIST OF FURY - they were rival productions in neighbouring locations, with actor Suen Lam (one of the inspector's assistants in FOFII, the Police Captain in FOFII) working on both, with FOFII bailing out his hotel bills.

More info in this great article - http://www.coolasscinema.com/2022/10/the-wild-wild-east-duel-of-independent.html

• Like 5

BornToDefense

Sorry for the necro but does anyone know what the deal is with all the different director credits for this movie? I've seen sites credit Lee Tso-nam, Jimmy Shaw and Iksan Lahardi in various combinations. The above article says it was Lee and Shaw and it feels like Lee to me, but was wondering where Lahardi enters the mix. The print I watched recently on Amazon only credits Shaw.

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
2 hours ago, CaldoTheKid said:

Dumb question but who plays the student who meets Bruce when visiting his brother's grave?

Sham Chin Bo (who weirdly looks younger here than a year earlier in Master of the Flying Guillotine playing the Thai boxer)

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 3