Dragon Dynasty's bad picture quality

Guest morgoth

Guest morgoth

Kill Zone was great, I could think of one or two improvements they could have done with the presentation of the movie but the main topic is Police Story. I recently got an all region DVD player after not having one for almost two years! I got Tiger On the Beat and have to say the pic quality is amazing. It is distributed by Zoke Movies but it is the Hong Kong Legends release. HKL has has many movies released with great pic quality. Now Police Story was a failure for DD and that is what needs to be talked about. On top of the quality not being very good the screen seems to flash constantly also. This is OK for me since it is the best quality that I have personally experienced but of course it has been said the IVL copy is the one to go with. Now I am wondering who was behind the picture quality for HKL releases like Tiger on the Beat and Legend of a Fighter. Hopefully somebody can help the guy out at DD and help him with putting out good future releases or maybe replace him.

It looks like DD is going to be putting out great releases, I just want them to be the best possibel versions and for them to be around for a while. Thoughts?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest limubai2000

Here's a thought - should'nt you have added this to the ongoing Police Story thread in the modern forum? It really belongs there. And if you read that thread closely they tell you exactly who botched this release, his real name even. :D

Guest The Running Man
And if you read that thread closely they tell you exactly who botched this release, his real name even. :D

:lol

Guest morgoth

I don't remember asking the guy's name since I have already seen that. I started a thread trying to find out if you think the releases picture quality will get better and made comparisons to some good ones of why I hope it can get better. I thought picture quality for Police Story and picture quality for future releases was 2 different topics.

Guest killer meteor
Now I am wondering who was behind the picture quality for HKL releases like Tiger on the Beat and Legend of a Fighter. Hopefully somebody can help the guy out at DD and help him with putting out good future releases or maybe replace him.

The same guy Brian White was responsible for those releases and the DD Police Story. What's more, Legend Of A Fighter was a despicable release, with a smeary, heavily cropped picture and the wrong language. The only think I can reccomend about that DVD is that it is the only way to see the film - and it could have been so much better

Guest morgoth

Wow, unforunately I have a boot of Legend of a Fighter but I had heard the HKL version was literally crystal clear. I hope the future releases are as good as Tiger on the Beat then. I can hope can't I?

Guest killer meteor

The HKL LOAF is terrible. Tiger On The Beat was quite a good release - even the 5.1 remix wasn't too bad at all

Guest The Running Man
don't remember asking the guy's name since I have already seen that. I started a thread trying to find out if you think the releases picture quality will get better and made comparisons to some good ones of why I hope it can get better.

This is how he's been doing business for years. So sadly if he didn't stop before, he ain't now.

Guest morgoth

Yeah, I guess all I can do is hope. Have you seen any comments from anybody at DD about Police Story regarding this issue?

Archived