Game of Death unseen footage

BillyLo

Does anybody know anything about the clips in these pictures? I am familiar with the outdoor rehearsal footage but did Bruce actually film scenes showing the airport, a photograph of James Tien and Chieh Yuan and the exterior of the pagoda or is it from something else?

GofD2.jpg

• Like 4

It's just fake footage to fill in the missing gaps to join the clips together. I forgot which documentary it's from though.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 5

The writing is in Japanese, so perhaps look for a documentary from there. But to me it just looks like the centre pics are from the test footage and the others could be shots pulled from anywhere just to have visuals for what may have been.

• Like 4

NoKUNGFUforYU

There used to be a lot of posed stills back in the day. Not all stills were from 35mm clips, etc. Also Bruce loved to have his picture taken so there would be a lot of shots.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

It's just fake footage to fill in the missing gaps to join the clips together. I forgot which documentary it's from though.

Thanks for that. Is it from Bruce Lee in G.O.D? I don't remember this particular footage but my memory might be deceiving me. I'll have to watch it again. It looks like it's from an older documentary.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BillyLo said:

Cheers for the link but the important external link (Lair of Lost Films page on the partially completed version of Game of Death.) is to a page that's no longer availible. However it would appear that article has a acebook page. I don't use FB so I can't look any further but here's the lnik if you wanna try yourself, they may be able to give you info on the source:

https://www.facebook.com/ConcordProductionIncFanPage/posts/lair-of-the-lost-filmsthe-game-of-death-1972-partially-completeposted-on-februar/2330920026937705/

They did have some similar shots in Bruce Lee : A Warrior's Journey, but not the same. It may not even be from a documentary, it may be a Japanese magazine of book.

As far as I remember (but it's been a while :P ) I don't think they shot anything apart from the scenes inside the pagoda. I think it's just stock footage for the temple etc. and the photo looks to be of Tien and Chieh from a pagoda scene just pasted on there.

Soz couldn't be more useful this time.

Cheers

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Dredderick_Tatum said:

As far as I remember (but it's been a while :P ) I don't think they shot anything apart from the scenes inside the pagoda.

They also filmed some exterior scenes in the New Territories, where this would have fit into the movie is another question.

17 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

There used to be a lot of posed stills back in the day. Not all stills were from 35mm clips, etc. Also Bruce loved to have his picture taken so there would be a lot of shots.

He was also into photography, so there might be more material he shot for the film in terms of images?.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:07 PM, BillyLo said:

Does anybody know anything about the clips in these pictures?

I've have seen this collection of stills online before, but I cant recall the actual source?, maybe a fan put them toegether?.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, BillyLo said:

Thanks for that. Is it from Bruce Lee in G.O.D? I don't remember this particular footage but my memory might be deceiving me. I'll have to watch it again. It looks like it's from an older documentary.

You're welcome. :) I checked GOD and it's not from there. I thought it was from a documentary but now I'm not too sure. Also those pics seem to be taken from a bad source like VHS or something.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Also those pics seem to be taken from a bad source like VHS or something.

Cn anyone translate the fuzzy txt under each image?.

• Like 2