What are your favourite 'Ploitation' one to one fights?

shukocarl1441996347

shukocarl1441996347

These are some of mine:

Kim Tai Chung/Yuen Biao vs Bob Wall in Game of Death (would have been even better WITHOUT the repeated speed kicks to Wall's head and non-matching close -ups of the real Bruce).

Bruce Li vs Chang Yi In Exit the Dragon-Enter the Tiger (great location, great photography and a sense of drama).

Bruce Li vs Lo Lieh in Fist of Fury II (Not the best in terms of fighting but Lo doesn't half knock Li about before his "Iron Fingers" come to the rescue!).

Bruce Le vs Snake Fighter (?) in Enter the Game of Death (again, not great fighting but really bat-shit crazy! Le's expressions are priceless!).

Kim Tai Chung/Yuen Biao vs Casanova Wong in Game of Death/GOD II ( great kick-fest between the two TKD men).

Edited by shukocarl1441996347
Sp
  • Like 3

The entire final fight sequence in Fist of Fury III. It’s not necessarily the best choreography but it’s so energized and the storm happening in the background makes the whole thing feel awesome. It’s one of my favourite fight sequences of all time.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Kim Tai Chung/Yuen Biao vs Bob Wall in Game of Death (would have been even better WITHOUT the repeated speed kicks to Wall's head and non-matching close -ups of the real Bruce).

Bruce Li vs Chang Yi In Exit the Dragon-Enter the Tiger (great location, great photography and a sense of drama).

Bruce Le vs Snake Fighter (?) in Enter the Game of Death (again, not great fighting but really bat-shit crazy! Le's expressions are priceless!).

8 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

The entire final fight sequence in Fist of Fury III.

The above fights be on my list, along with finale in The Ninja Strikes Back(1982) between Hwang Jang-Lee and Huang Kin-Lung. Also the finales from Bruce Lee's Secret(1976) and Secret Ninja Roaring Tiger(1982) would be in the list too. Then theres Huang Kin-Lungs second on-screen fight with Bolo Yeung from Enter the Game of Death(1978). Kim Tai-Chung's battle with the durg plant guards in Tower of Death(1981) is another. There's more, but those are the ones that spring to my mind first.

• Like 1

Bruce Li versus Lee Hoi Sang and his merry bunch of henchmen in Dynamo is great. And you can pick any fight from The Lama Avenger.

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

The entire final fight sequence in Fist of Fury III. It’s not necessarily the best choreography but it’s so energized and the storm happening in the background makes the whole thing feel awesome. It’s one of my favourite fight sequences of all time.

I've not seen this, but am now thoroughly intrigued.

• Like 2

Bruce Le (Huang Kin-Lung) vs. Legendary Superkicker Hwang Jang Lee - Bruce Strikes Back

Kim Tai Chung vs. Legendary Superkicker Hwang Jang Lee - Tower of Death

Kim Tai Chung/Yuen Biao vs. Bob Wall - Game of Death

Kim Tai Chung vs. Casanova Wong - Tower of Death

Bruce Li (Ho Tsung-Tao) vs. Philip Ko Fei - Gold Connection

Bruce Liang (Leung Siu-Lung) vs. Yasuaki Kurata - Call Me Dragon

Bruce Liang (Leung Siu-Lung) vs. James Nan - Little Superman

(to be honest, any time a Bruce Lee clone squares off with Legendary Superkicker Hwang Jang Lee is a great moment)

• Like 3

I did say ONE-to-ONE fights fellas. Not one to many!

I'll drop the big brawl from Tower of Death(1981), and replace it with the the final fight from Five Pattern Dragon Claws(1983). I'll also replace the finale of Secret Ninja Roaring Tiger(1982), with the Ho Chung Tao vs Chiu Chi-Ling fight from Bruce Lee the Man the Myth(1976).

8 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Bruce Li (Ho Tsung-Tao) vs. Philip Ko Fei - Gold Connection

I was going to list this one but I felt it stands on its own merits, alone from the Bruceploitation genre.

• Like 1

shukocarl1441996347
51 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Shan Kuan Ling Fung vs Yasuaki Kurata in Seven to one.

That's Bruceploitation?:BL-IDontKnow:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

That's Bruceploitation?:BL-IDontKnow:

Well, it was mentioned "ploitation", not Bruceploitation, and it' s in the classic martial arts section, not Bruce's section,so, I gave it a try...:bs_smile:

Am I not logical ? :bs_laughing:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

and it' s in the classic martial arts section, not Bruce's section,so, I gave it a try...

There's a few Bruceploitation threads that should go into the Bruce Lee sub forum. Like you pointed out, that sub forum is also for the discussion of his many imitator's etc.

• Like 1

I rewatched the Bruce Li vs Lee Hoi Sang fight from Soul Brothers of Kung Fu last night and that one is highly enjoyable. As is the finale against Ku Feng.

• Like 3

Killer Meteor

Bruce Li vs Tsai Hung in NEW GAME OF DEATH

Jackie Chan vs Chen Sing in NEW FIST OF FURY

Unicorn Chan vs Yasuaki Kurata in FIST OF UNICORN

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane

Am I the only one that doesn't view Bruce Leung as a Bruce Lee clone? I mean aside from The Dragon Lives Again, which is so bizarre and spoofy it barely counts, what is this based on? His name?

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

Yeah, I think he was Leung Siu-Lung even when Bruce Lee was alive, and he doesn't generally pretend to be him.

He certainly doesn't look like him, but then neither did Kim Tai-Chung!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Am I the only one that doesn't view Bruce Leung as a Bruce Lee clone? I mean aside from The Dragon Lives Again, which is so bizarre and spoofy it barely counts, what is this based on? His name?

I'd say Dragon Lives Again qualifies wholeheartedly.

That said, I did hesitate to place those movies on my list. I did so mainly on the grounds that he was billed as Bruce Liang in those, which he said in an interview was a move by the producers to make money--his original Anglican name was "David." So it is a form of Brucesploitation.

If someone disagrees with their inclusion, I can't argue with them.

On another subject, did Dragon Shek have any classic one-on-one fights?

• Like 3

Killer Meteor
17 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I'd say Dragon Lives Again qualifies wholeheartedly.

That said, I did hesitate to place those movies on my list. I did so mainly on the grounds that he was billed as Bruce Liang in those, which he said in an interview was a move by the producers to make money--his original Anglican name was "David." So it is a form of Brucesploitation.

If someone disagrees with their inclusion, I can't argue with them.

On another subject, did Dragon Shek have any classic one-on-one fights?

Lau Kar-Wiing was once credited as Bruce Lau for THE ODD COUPLE.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2020 at 11:30 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

His fight with James Nam at the end of Little Superman(1975) is heavily influenced by Bruce Lee. He does the war cries and gets the Enter the Dragon style face scars etc. While James Nam's character is armed with a claws on the end of his finger's. Bruce Leung also does the Bruce Lee mannerisms in Little Godfather from Hong Kong(1974).

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

His fight with James Nam at the end of Little Superman(1975) is heavily influenced by Bruce Lee. He does the war cries and gets the Enter the Dragon style face scars etc. While James Nam's character is armed with a claws on the end of his finger's. Bruce Leung also does the Bruce Lee mannerisms in Little Godfather from Hong Kong(1974).

Well, his brother Tony does a BL impression in Duel of the 7 Tigers and Sammo did it in a bunch of films, you wouldn't call them clones. I'm not denying Leung borrowed certain mannerisms, but labeling him a BL clone is just a reach for me. Always felt he had his own style and qualities.... and was also a better kicker than BL in my opinion.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Always felt he had his own style and qualities....

Agreed, he's also one of my favourite old-school actors/performers.

9 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

and was also a better kicker than BL in my opinion.

Bruce Leung didnt have any back/spine issues like Bruce Lee, at least I dont think he did as a young man?. That has a serious effect on your ability to kick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Well, his brother Tony does a BL impression in Duel of the 7 Tigers and Sammo did it in a bunch of films, you wouldn't call them clones. I'm not denying Leung borrowed certain mannerisms, but labeling him a BL clone is just a reach for me. Always felt he had his own style and qualities.... and was also a better kicker than BL in my opinion.

Tony Leung ? Which one ? Leung Chiu Wai or Leung Kar Fai ?

One of them would be Bruce Liang's brother ?

I learn something new every day...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Tony Leung ? Which one ? Leung Chiu Wai or Leung Kar Fai ?

One of them would be Bruce Liang's brother ?

I learn something new every day...

We have (at least) four Tony Leungs.

Tony Leung Chiu-Wai

Tony Leung Kar-Fai

Tony Leung Siu-Hung - Bruce Liang's brother

Tony Leung Hung-Wah - director of the Ring cash-in Wicked Ghost

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 3