I want to get this cleared up here...

Guest The Running Man

Guest The Running Man

We all know that Jet Li left the Once Upon a Time movies after 3 (although he would come back for the last installment) and started making movies with Wong Jing.

What I want to know is why?

I hear some reports that say Tsui Hark and Jet Li didn't get along so he left.

But then I hear some other reports saying that Li became afraid for his life after his manager was killed by triads and felt he needed to leave HK.

Which of the two is the reason he left Tsui Hark?

I know at least the latter is true (specifically the manager getting killed part) but I don't know if it is directly related to him parting ways with Tsui Hark.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dager in the cotton

I think it was more Tsui Hark wanting to get rid of Jet, he could control Zhao more easily and may have even had him under a contract, so he gets a cut he used him in may film and tv.

Guest Beat TG

I heard a rumor long time ago about triads convincing Jet to make a movie for them but he refused out of respect. As a revenge messege, they tracked down and murdered his manager. Doesn't make sense at all though unless Jet signed to Wong Jing and Charles Heung to keep triads away from him or he would do something really bad (which he wouldn't do ever).

Guest Markgway

Well, signing with Win's Films was one way of keeping the (nasty) Triads at bay. It may seem strange to us, but in the HK industry there are "good" Triads (whom actors don't mind working for or with, even Jackie) and "bad" Triads (the ones who kidnap and rape your girlfriend if you refuse a contract).

Guest limubai2000

I had only ever read that Tsui and Jet had quite a few rather heated moments on the set of part 3. Of the few things I read one made it sound like they outright argued on the set in front of actors/crew. So Deadly China Hero was made by Jet with Jing as a parody and a OUATIC rip-off as payback.

I find quite a few things about what I just typed to be suspicious having read many things about Jet.

The triad thing seems more plausible to me as we know Jackie was having those same issues around that time.

Archived