Caught in Time (2020 - Daniel Wu)

laagi

I love what I'm seeing so far in this trailer. Fingers crossed this turns out good. I've been craving for a decent action movie!

Courtesy of cityonfire.com

BTW @One Armed Boxer I can't believe you guys never reviewed Port of Call (2015) :laluot_17:

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

One Armed Boxer

This does look good, and was that a car chase done without CGI, what's gotten into Chinese cinema these days!?

On 11/21/2020 at 7:01 AM, laagi said:

BTW @One Armed Boxer I can't believe you guys never reviewed Port of Call (2015) :laluot_17:

Fixed! - https://cityonfire.com/port-of-call-directors-cut-2015-review/

Congrats, you're officially a COF influencer.:tongueout

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

COF influencer you say. I like the sound of that :cool I'm just glad the movie gets more exposure and of course @One Armed Boxer that you've also enjoyed it! I'm aware that deciding to review or even watch a movie by the sheer amount that's being thrown at us is no easy task. So I really appreciate it! Let's see what else COF hasn't reviewed :rofl

• Like 3

Finally a good action movie from Hong Kong... well China actually but honestly I've been craving for some old school action. And Caught in Time certainly delivers in style and feel. It's very entertaining without a dull moment for its 90 minutes runtime. Good story, acting, set pieces and action. Nothing incredible but just well made. Adding to this are two very likeable leads with Daniel Wu (charismatic as f***) and Wang Qian Yuan. I wished we'd see more of this kind coming not only from the mainland. Fingers corssed the upcoming action vehicle Raging Fire starring Donnie Yen will continue this. Also keep your eyes out for plenty of references to the golden age of HK action cinema. Easily recommended!

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

It's a solid and sometimes thrilling action thriller with the expected red-chinese morals which are better incorporated here than in many other chinese movies. The characters are interesting, the action is good. Unfortunately, I watched the korean action thriller Deliver Us From Evil shortly before which is so much better in every department, especially the action so I couldn't help but compare both movies.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

According to  Videoeta.com -  https://videoeta.com/items/236442-caught-in-time

Caught in Time gets a USA DVD release (not available on Blu-ray) on 27 July, 2021 from Bayview Films, as listed on Amazon pre-order.

No Blu Ray? What an odd choice. I’ve been waiting for this one to hit Blu Ray. I might just have to purchase a digital version if one comes available.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

No Blu Ray? What an odd choice. I’ve been waiting for this one to hit Blu Ray. I might just have to purchase a digital version if one comes available.

I agree. Releasing a DVD (only) nowadays seems a bit outdated. And while I'm not aware of the average production cost I'd argue it  barely makes a difference; when compared to a Blu-Ray.

• Like 3

I was expecting something more. Maybe I had too many expectations. The CGI (fortunately it is very little) but ruins, according to my taste, some beautiful sequences. Good, the movie runs very fast; but it doesn't add much to the things we've always seen in this genre. The characters don't have a particularly in-depth background, and only the great Daniel Wu pushes the whole film with his enviable charisma. In addition, the propaganda of the police in two scenes can be annoying. Nice, but I expected better. 6.5/10

• Like 1