Contracts - Alex Chung (2020)

laagi

I went down the rabbit hole if so to speak. It's cheap, alright. As for the story and acting don't get me started. Although truth be told I've seen worse.

But given the obvious low budget I admit most of the action delivers! I mean some of the moves on display are pretty damn good. It'd be interesting to see how things turned out if they had more money. Also the fights are plentiful and on top of that quite bloody (no CGI).

Overall if you go in with (very) low expectations but want to see some good fights I'd recommend this. Just be aware of what you're getting yourself into :laugh

Edited by laagi
  • Like 3

Is it worth getting the blu? It should be out sometime soon if not already. Kill Order got me interested in Canadian action so I'm definitely down for this one.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Is it worth getting the blu? It should be out sometime soon if not already. Kill Order got me interested in Canadian action so I'm definitely down for this one.

I can't really recommend a Blu Ray purchase. Not even sure it will be available on Blu Ray anyway. Go for a rental on iTunes or the likes instead. And IF you really enjoy it consider the first option.

• Like 3

I watched it and the plot was a bit mishmashed, but it was because it was originally a short film that was meant to be the 1st of a trilogy. However, Chung had been told it might be better off as a feature film, so he shot more footage and attempted to make a more elaborate film. At 75 minutes, it makes the most of its runtime IMO. The action is pretty good for the most part. I was only disappointed in the fight involving the girl Malice and the roguish Ghost. It seemed to be more because of technical errors. I've seen worse than this so I see it as a one-watch mostly.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4