The Mandalorian season 2

sym8

1 hour ago, Koravec said:

@laagi I sure feel safer knowing free thought will get actors fired. Relieved that their keeping the entertainment industry safe for us. 

To be fair nothing wrong with free thought. I just don't understand why they always have to do those holocaust comparison. I know people who lived through it and I think it's a far cry from what Carano experiences due to her political views. To me at least it's just plain stupid. Nothing else I have to add.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

Often it's common sense - if your job involves public relations, you have to tow the line

And Disney has always been very particular about its employees behave, right back to the 1930s.

• Like 2

@laagi I think its an absolutely ridiculous situation that barely poses any significance or offense. 

Im actually against people getting fired for stupid reasons all around. I dont see why employers want to involve peoples personal lives so greatly into their professional persona. Quite a shame. Another instance of companies abusing their power. Ive never liked anything about disney of any period tbh.  

Id also argue that the causation of firing is quite clearly a result of the state of the world and liberal-intolerance/close-mindedness/cancel-culture, but none of this is really the place for this. 

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 2

kingofkungfu2002

I lost any respect I had for Carano long ago, and let's be honest she doesn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Did I want her fired? No, not really....Can I understand why she was fired? Yes, absolutely.
She's been skating on thin ice for a while now, and I think the holocaust remark was just the final straw. 

• Like 2

Probably get some flack on this, but wasn't impressed with The Mandalorian Visually, its excellent and some episodes were done well. But overall, the story-line seemed repetitive and I couldn't get invested in the main character. Carano was actually one of the better elements of the show.  The last 3 episodes of S2 were decent but the show is no Cobra Kai or Vikings.  2 cents...

Edited by teako170
  • Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker
1 hour ago, teako170 said:

Probably get some flack on this, but wasn't impressed with The Mandalorian Visually, its excellent and some episodes were done well. But overall, the story-line seemed repetitive and I couldn't get invested in the main character. Carano was actually of the better elements of the show.  The last 3 episodes of S2 were decent but the show is no Cobra Kai or Vikings.  2 cents...

Hell Yeah, real talk right here. I've yet to dip my toes into this series.  I wanna see Wandavision though with Olsen's fine azz.

• Like 1

NoKUNGFUforYU
On 2/14/2021 at 7:17 AM, Koravec said:

@laagi I sure feel safer knowing free thought will get actors fired. Relieved that their keeping the entertainment industry safe for us. 

Well, if your free thought is "Kill the Jews", you might want to keep it to yourself. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Well, if your free thought is "Kill the Jews", you might want to keep it to yourself. 

Nobody said kill jews lol... As far as Im aware all she said was that we should all be tolerant of eachother regardless of political views. You actually think that post was antisemitic? If were seriously going off that post alone my disappointment just keeps unfolding, media and liberal portrayal even has enough power to influence people Here? wtf.

*We should all be more tolerant of eachother for different perspectives

*gets fired...     Makes sense 🤦‍♂️

what a joke and sad state of the world and liberal mindsets

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU
20 minutes ago, Koravec said:

Nobody said kill jews lol... As far as Im aware all she said was that we should all be tolerant of eachother regardless of political views. You actually think that post was antisemitic? If were seriously going off that post alone my disappointment just keeps unfolding, media and liberal portrayal even has enough power to influence people Here? wtf.

I just meant for example, if.....

You know, sometimes it's just better not to say anything, especially if you are managing a "brand". Disney is not a "liberal" company. It's a corporation that acquires profit and uses extremely greedy copyright tactics which I have posted before. There is nothing "left wing" about Disney. They are anti union, anti worker and they exist, as all corporations do, to make a profit. While some people who are extremely wealthy and powerful can "shit post" and get away with it, a former athlete with little acting talent should be careful. I think she thought she was Elon Musk or Joe Rogan, but she's a D list celebrity. If she had real talent, like a Mel Gibson or Clint Eastwood https://deadline.com/2021/02/gran-torino-bee-vang-asian-violence-anti-asian-racism-diversity-inclusion-representation-1234696602/ she could probably get away with it. But she is obnoxious, and really, after the capitol was stormed by a bunch of racists who wanted their mighty leader to stay in office, everyone's a little tired of reactionaries. Sorry.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I just meant for example, if.....

You know, sometimes it's just better not to say anything, especially if you are managing a "brand". Disney is not a "liberal" company. It's a corporation that acquires profit and uses extremely greedy copyright tactics which I have posted before. There is nothing "left wing" about Disney. They are anti union, anti worker and they exist, as all corporations do, to make a profit. While some people who are extremely wealthy and powerful can "shit post" and get away with it, a former athlete with little acting talent should be careful. I think she thought she was Elon Musk or Joe Rogan, but she's a D list celebrity. If she had real talent, like a Mel Gibson or Clint Eastwood https://deadline.com/2021/02/gran-torino-bee-vang-asian-violence-anti-asian-racism-diversity-inclusion-representation-1234696602/ she could probably get away with it. But she is obnoxious, and really, after the capitol was stormed by a bunch of racists who wanted their mighty leader to stay in office, everyone's a little tired of reactionaries. Sorry.

Theres way too many points too correct you on, was going to just say Id respond tomorrow so you wouldnt have to lose any sleep over it. But honestly it narrows down to your own hypocrisy here. Your last few statements come across like your literally exclaiming how upset you are that she leans right and cant tolerate any kind of support for the former president or likewise. Im not even trying to be condescending or anything in responding to you. I just feel it becomes necessary after a while to state the separate viewpoint from the other, and its not easy after lefties have become so convinced of the absolute worst assumptions about the right. Truly sad. 

Dont want hard feelings here, feel free to message me too

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 1

Secret Executioner

People who openly called to murder an elected official still get jobs, conspiracy theorists like Will Smith and his "AIDS was created to eliminate Black people" and other lefty nutjobs still get praised, but don't dare be a conservative.

Fuck this woketard culture now making Disney warn people it is ill-advised to watch their own older movies or old Muppet Show episodes. 

• Like 3

Secret Executioner
On 2/14/2021 at 5:27 PM, laagi said:

To be fair nothing wrong with free thought. I just don't understand why they always have to do those holocaust comparison. I know people who lived through it and I think it's a far cry from what Carano experiences due to her political views. To me at least it's just plain stupid. Nothing else I have to add.

Yeah, I mean, the Nazis certainly never tried to bankrupt businesses owned by Jewish people or to prevent jews from getting jobs, right ? They never accused political opponents of attacking a building symbol of government to justify abuses of power and the eradication of other parties, right ?

Oh I forgot, Trump was Hitler. Because Hitler was widely known for being constantly attacked by a blood-thirsty opposition, by 90+% of the media in his own country (with some artists openly calling to murder him) and he most certainly was a guy who would rather negociate or peacefully stand up to opposing nations rather than bombing them... Oh, forgot that double standard. It's okay to compare a right-wing politician to Hitler, but leftists can't be compared to dictators, even though they never made a mystery that Castro's death was a tragedy to them (some might still be grieving over Stalin's and Mao's passings....)

The comparisons with dictatorships are made because it looks similar with how it began. What should be done ? Wait until opponents are deported to concentration camps in Alaska ? 

• Like 3

@Secret Executioner reason has no place in these discussions my friend. There are excuses for all of the hypocrisies that you have mentioned, I can assure you of that. Not reasons, but excuses. “It’s different” and things of that ilk.... 

Save and protect your energy.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

@Secret Executioner I don't care if its left or right or this or that. I just don't see any reason to bring up these comparison. Especially from a person who's living in a free society and greatly benefiting from it.

Trump is certainly not my cup of tea and that's putting it nicely. But I wouldn't compare him to Hitler. He may use a similar rhetoric to rile up the masses but that's about it.

Also I would argue that you don't have to wait for these kind of camps to be built. Not only the US but plenty of other nations already have these in place. Guantanamo Bay coming to mind as one of the more prominent ones.

But this is certainly not the right place to discuss our (different) political views. I respect your opinion. I just don't agree with it.

Now let's enjoy our time here on the forum and talk about the things which bring us together. Peace.

• Like 2

Secret Executioner
14 hours ago, laagi said:

Now let's enjoy our time here on the forum and talk about the things which bring us together. Peace.

I think we can all agree on that indeed. :hvb_greetings:

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU
On 2/20/2021 at 10:01 PM, Koravec said:

Theres way too many points too correct you on, was going to just say Id respond tomorrow so you wouldnt have to lose any sleep over it. But honestly it narrows down to your own hypocrisy here. Your last few statements come across like your literally exclaiming how upset you are that she leans right and cant tolerate any kind of support for the former president or likewise. Im not even trying to be condescending or anything in responding to you. I just feel it becomes necessary after a while to state the separate viewpoint from the other, and its not easy after lefties have become so convinced of the absolute worst assumptions about the right. Truly sad. 

Dont want hard feelings here, feel free to message me too

Just refute the points. She leans stupid, not just right. Brad Pitt once said "I am an actor, why would you ask me my opinion on politics?" She's not really an actor, she's someone who willingly got brain damage for fame. 

8 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Just refute the points. She leans stupid, not just right. Brad Pitt once said "I am an actor, why would you ask me my opinion on politics?" She's not really an actor, she's someone who willingly got brain damage for fame. 

You might know more about her than I do idk. Everyones allowed to have an opinion, literally the reason we’re here on an internet forum. I agree that people shouldnt blindly hold celebrity opinions to such high regard, athletes for instance. Why wouldnt you be interested in hearing the thoughts of someone you enjoy watching onscreen?

• Like 1