The Mandalorian season 2

sym8

Episode Two or Chapter 10 as they like to call it was really all filler no killer. But yeah still some of the best that has happened to the Star Wars property in a long time. Although that's not saying much.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Koravec said:

first the giant sand worm, second the giant spider, is ep 3 going to follow this trend too? lol

Yeah, my wife couldn’t watch most of episode 2.  Cause, ya know....ice spiders.  Wait, isn’t that a SYFY original movie? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I agree with everyone’s opinion. While the first two episodes have been great, they’re not really doing a lot. It feels like a “monster of the week” show like Supernatural.

• Like 5

@massa_yoda Same, was was watching it with my friend and his gf but he was the one who started squirming and I was like “oh you scared of spiders” replied “No! nah, that thing was coming after him though”

• Like 5

Another great episode and fantastic supporting cast including Rosario Dawson,Michael Biehn and Diana Lee Inosanto.👍👍👍👍 

• Like 4

Last night`s episode was the best so far this season, IMO.

Spoiler

Ahsoka Tano

live action was very well done. And, Diana Lee Inosanto; didn't recognize her until I read the credits. Nice! Hoping the season picks up some steam now as I felt some of the previous episodes have been a little pedestrian. Guess they were trying to build some momentum. 

• Like 4

NoKUNGFUforYU

Did Gina Carano become a foodie since last season? Hopefully they kill her off. Not a fan, and since it's a TV show, not like she's actually going to die. Of course, considering her mask tweets, she doesn't seem to give a shit if actual people die....

Well episode 6. Felt like more happened in this than about 10 previous episodes, in terms of advancing along the greater plot at least, a ton happened/revealed in episode 5 too.

But I must say Im not entirely happy about this as most SW fans must be. I was appreciating how the show was following a meandering almost existential lonewolfcub/western-esque journey where each episode was its own mini story/adventure. Now were being introduced to other previous known characters and old familiar concepts to tie into the franchise. I feel that franchises suffer from this prequel disease in a way, where they cant make new things as important in their own way without still being centered around the original important characters. Id almost prefer new stories of significance within the same universe. Makes me feel as if Im wasting time by already knowing what has happened, being past the greater story. I had this problem with Rogue One, feeling this it was quite pointless. Clone Wars series as well since we all know Anakins fate, though Im yet to getting anywhere near the end of that series. I mean imagine kids growing up with all of this various star wars content then trying to make sense of it all, are they going to try to watch it all in order by sequence (not release date)? messy, but Ive only been into SW since say 2015 anyway

Side thought, I think when this series is said and done they should make a separate abridged version into a movie or two.

• Like 5

I must say I kept thinking episode 6 felt like a fanfilm in the outside scenes, fight with the troopers especially. So makes sense that Rodriguez directed it in a way. Dont know how I feel about them switching directors the way they are. Seems like the series would benefit greater from a consistent atmosphere and tone being that its influenced by lone wolf and cub and westerns.

Was wondering if there will just be 2 episodes left for the season totaling 8 like in season 1. A friend said thered be at least two more seasons, not sure where he got or decided that.

• Like 3

I too loved the lone wolf style episodes but I’m equally loving these characters new and old being introduced and as for the different directors I think as long as they get people who know the feel of the Star Wars universe then I’m ok with it.Favreau has been the best so far but I have been impressed with the others so I can’t complain yet.Im loving it.👍🙏

• Like 2

One episode to go and I can’t wait.I would love to see some light sabre action, x-wing and Tie fighter dog fight too👍

• Like 4

TheFlyingPanda

Aside from the Spaghetti Western/ Long Wolf and Cub feel and bringing back the nostalgia spirit of what the original Star Wars brought, The fight choreography is great. I loved how we finally get to see Bobba Fett being a Badass.  

• Like 4

Thoughts on the last episode. I'm kind of lost for words... I mean the ending!? Also to be honest I wasn't overly impressed with the gun battles and hand to hand combat either. I'm kind of disappointed :speechless

• Like 3

The last episode was fantastic. It did a nice job of balancing good ol’ fashioned Mandalorian action with fan service. I welcomed it all.

While I enjoy the action I do agree that the hand to hand stuff could certainly look more stylish.

• Like 4

Is Manda getting replaced by the other chap? It definitely came across that way after the credits.

Edited by Burnout29
  • Like 3

So long Gina Carano. Way to tank her own career. When will they learn...

If I may quote Daniel Tosh:

I actually wrote a career suicide note. Would you like to hear it? Dear Jews… That’s all I’ve got so far.

via comingsoon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1