Johnny Depp under fire

Koravec

Johnny Depp appears to be under fire right now after losing some court case.

Fired from Pirates of The Caribbean and now Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. 

Really bummed about that news. Honestly was almost excited to hear he got fired from pirates just because that series is so great they could explore other characters and sparrow was badly portrayed (redundant) by the last one or two movies. but future installments may be bad regardless judging by the last one they put out

but for fantastic beasts I wouldnt be surprised if they cancel them at this point since they were already on shaky grounds, or else what rewrite the entire storyline, or just speak of him like they did voldemort in harry potter 1-3, or recast which would also be silly

• Like 2

Secret Executioner

From what I got the later Pirates of the Caribbean sequels had Sparrow way too front and center compared to the original (where he was essentially a comic-relief and more on the side). I don't remember much on these films TBH, but I can understand why some would be happy to see Depp gone from the franchise - even if the last one looks (based on the trailers I've seen) horrible and there's no telling a potential 6th film (even without Sparrow) would be better.

I had no idea he was in Fantastic Beasts, so I guess either I didn't look too much into the franchise or his character mustn't be that central. Still, losing a big name like Depp sounds like another blow to the franchise - as if the critics being hard on both movies weren't enough (IIRC neither was that warmly received). 

• Like 1

Courts here in the Uk are a disgrace, it's criminal what they've done to Depp and many others. But as for the franchises, I've not been impressed by either (except the first Pirates film), but I the Pirates rebbot will be as be just as bad or worse than any of the reboots of popular franchises that Hollywood are spewing out. As for Fantastic Beasts, Depp's character changes his appearance, in the first film he was played mostly by Colin Farrell and I read (though it may be just rumour) that he'll be played by Mads Mikkelsen.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Well with WB and all that court crap, Tim Burton did say he would be happy to reunite with Depp for his upcoming Netflix series version of The Addams Family

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/361530/tim-burton-wants-johnny-depp-for-netflixs-addams-family/

This is a strange experience, I'm actually interested in in a modern reboot. It's right up Tim's alley, I reckon he'd do it right and if Depp's involved I'd go see it.

Cheers for info

• Like 1