Donnie Yen's Fist Of Fury movie in progress!

Guest Beat TG

Guest limubai2000

Hey Donnie, why not try making a NEW film or TV series?

You know like an original story, we know you can. You've done a few good films in the past.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

Maybe Donnie should star in a remake of They Call Me Bruce?, the film where the Chinese cook dreamed of being Bruce Lee. It would be interesting to see how he would handle comedy, knowing Donnie he would probably still play it dead serious. :P

Guest dager in the cotton

Kid that's a great idea , they should call it" they call me Donnie yen" he plays a waiter who dreams of being Donnie yen who dreams of being Bruce Lee. you could have 2 charcters talking bruce and donnie well donnie would do this, yeah but bruce would do this.

Guest morgoth

Wow, I never thought of Donnie Yen doing a comedic Fist of Fury remake. He of course would play it serious like C-town kid said and they need Stephen Chow to direct this.

Guest Daisho2004

I just hope Donnie Yen doesn't make the mistake and speed up the fight scenes again like he did when he remade the Chinese Connection. It wouldv'e been a better movie if it wasn't for that.

Guest Chinatown Kid
they should call it "they call me Donnie yen", he plays a waiter who dreams of being Donnie yen who dreams of being Bruce Lee

:lol Now there's an interesting idea dager!

Guest Johnnie freeze
He idolizes Bruce Lee waaaay too much...

There aint no such thing.:rollin :rollin

Seriously though, maybe its Donnie's idolization of Bruce that has helped driven him to success. I can think of worst role models.

Guest Dion Brother

His idolization of Bruce has limited his success and image. Aping Bruce will not get you far. Jackie Chan owes nothing to Lee. Nor do any of the Shaw stars or Jet Li. You have to capitalize on what makes you unique. Donnie has been hyped up since 1990, and he has never delivered on the promised hype. Look at his filmography and the majority are a slush pile of cheap Bruce Lee ripoff movies or the 1990s equivalent to Bruce Li movies. Movies like IRON MONKEY owe more to Yuen Woo Ping than Donnie. Bruce's uniqueness is his charisma (which can't be duplicated or emulated) and the fact that he died young. We never got to see him make lousy films or take his career through a mediocre phase. If you want to be the next martial arts superstar, you should cut down on the Bruce influence. It won't help. We've all seen Bruce's movies...do you want to see them ripped off and imitated? DO you think that does anything to advance the genre? Bruce's movies are classics...don't bother remaking classics. Do something original. I don't want to see the same movie again and again and again.

Guest The Running Man

You know it's funny you mention that...when I saw SPL and saw Donnie's action work, specifically the action scenes he's in, I thought, "Why wasn't Donnie doing this years ago?"

I still give him a round of applause for his work in SPL but I wonder what the hell took him so long to find his knack seeing how long he's been in the business. And I say this about him as a solo action director and choreographer away from Yuen Wo Ping's work.

Guest MissScarlett01
Hey Donnie, why not try making a NEW film or TV series?

And try on a different facial expression. :rolleyes Is it just me, or does the expression on that man's face never change? :P :p

Guest theportlykicker
And try on a different facial expression. Is it just me, or does the expression on that man's face never change?

I think he was pulling his "cool pose" face on the set of Tiger Cage, when the wind changed direction. It's been the same ever since.

Guest Chinatown Kid

It is true that Donnie needs to do his own thing and not imitate Bruce, once you see the original everything else is just imitation and there will never be another BL. Just like Lee said, you have to follow your own path or truth. Nothing wrong in using Bruce as inspiration to greater heights though as I'm sure millions have.

Hope this is not going ahead since it is pointless remaking Fist of Fury. Fist of Legend was the best variation on Bruce Lee's Fist of Fury. What else can you add to it apart from better fights but this is going to be difficult. Recently saw Donnie's FOF TV series again on DVD and man was it undercranked to the point that I could not believe how rubbish this is.

Donnie should concentrate on making more films like SPL.

Archived