Wu Tang steals my subs again!

NoKUNGFUforYU

NoKUNGFUforYU

You can tell when it's a NoKungFuForYou joint. Sorry to anyone that paid for this, I guess that's the way things are with Youtube and my guess is George Tan and his scum lawyers. Please post nasty remarks below the video. But enjoy the movie.

• Like 4
  • Angry 8

TibetanWhiteCrane

The guy is a piece of shit thief and there's nothing you can do about it, sadly. And I've challnged him in the comments before but they're just deleted or drowned out by the mouthbreathing retards that loves his channel.

• Like 9

TheKungFuRobber
1 hour ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

The guy is a piece of shit thief and there's nothing you can do about it, sadly. And I've challnged him in the comments before but they're just deleted or drowned out by the mouthbreathing retards that loves his channel.

Probably Reddit users who look like this CEO of ranged toplaner hate on Twitter: "ipav autoing people as teemo  synapse:… "

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

sifu iron perm

just to give you some pleasure i have never watched a full movie on any wu tang label..no thanks.

i like my wu tang in the form of music only!

• Like 4

That sucks. I know you and your Chinese translator put a lot into these customs and you don't do it because you're making a lot of bank off it but more for the love of these films. Can we mass report this video to get it removed on copyright grounds?

• Like 9

Secret Executioner
6 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

drowned out by the mouthbreathing retards that loves his channel.

Hey, I like the channel too... But stealing someone else's work without creditting them is still very wrong. :BL-No:

Thanks for pointing it out/letting us know @NoKUNGFUforYU. I'll try and be careful if I watch movies on this channel, in case I find other customs of yours they've stolen.

• Like 6

I've had it happen to me, twofold. But I'm not as bothered about since it wasn't done by the likes of the former VideoAsia.

• Like 6

TibetanWhiteCrane

The guy makes money off of other people's work, never gives credit, and if anyone calls him on it he threatens with lawyers or bans them, deletes comments, uses clickbait thumbnails, misreprsenting titles with fake credits and pics, and slaps copyright strikes to other youtubers for movies he doesn't own the rights to. So yeah, fuck him very much.

I get that some people wanna watch stuff for free or stuff that isn't easily available elsewhere. But just know who you're supporting when you do. 

• Like 10

I have heard many complains from my fu brothers/sisters (from the 43rd Chamber NYC) who had their work/stuff appear on there and other places. Since then they only share with a small circle that they can trust.

• Like 7

NoKUNGFUforYU
12 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

That sucks. I know you and your Chinese translator put a lot into these customs and you don't do it because you're making a lot of bank off it but more for the love of these films. Can we mass report this video to get it removed on copyright grounds?

This guy has a scum lawyer who is all over Youtube. Exploration Group. I would need to hire a lawyer as well. I have noticed that some claims get dropped because it falls apart when they claim something and then Ennio Morricone's music is on there and they have to relinquish the claim to the music publishing company. Too big of a battle. It would be nice just to credit my work at least.

• Like 6

sifu iron perm
6 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

This guy has a scum lawyer who is all over Youtube. Exploration Group. I would need to hire a lawyer as well. I have noticed that some claims get dropped because it falls apart when they claim something and then Ennio Morricone's music is on there and they have to relinquish the claim to the music publishing company. Too big of a battle. It would be nice just to credit my work at least.

if you don't mind me asking, but how did they they steal it? Maybe  one of the customer's uploaded it onto a torrent site ?

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

if you don't mind me asking, but how did they they steal it? Maybe a one of the customer's uploaded it onto a torrent site maybe?

I don't see it on a site. I have some ideas, but no proof.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

sifu iron perm
3 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I don't see it on a site. I have some ideas, but no proof.

cool.

I hope none of the other great work you gave me ends up with those crooks!

has your other releases ever ended up on the flash legs site?

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU
20 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

cool.

I hope none of the other great work you gave me ends up with those crooks!

has your other releases ever ended up on the flash legs site?

FLK for sure.

• Like 3

@NoKUNGFUforYU I'm curious has anyone actually ever challenged his copyright claims? I'm sure he doesn't hold any. I'd love to try him! He's been messing with my channel (HKKino) as well and has stolen my 35mm transfers for his own profit! Guy's a fucking douchebag, period! More fans should be made aware of this before supporting this ass clown's channel.

• Like 5

NoKUNGFUforYU
1 minute ago, laagi said:

@NoKUNGFUforYU I'm curious has anyone actually ever challenged his copyright claims? I'm sure he doesn't hold any. I'd love to try him! He's been messing with my channel (HKKino) as well and has stolen my 35mm transfers for his own profit! Guy's a fucking douchebag, period! More fans should be made aware of this before supporting this ass clown's channel.

You need a lawyer. I have a feeling that it's a house of cards. His lawyer claims he has letters from the China or some bullshit that gives him the rights from the movies stars. The fact that he could try and lay claim to so many different companies assets (including Cathay, who, by the way does not communicate with collectors, etc) should tell you that he is full of shit. That being said, the guy that does his legal stuff is very experienced and has laid claims to songs that are 500 years old, etc. This all stems from the Disney/Silicon Valley tradition of never ending copyright claims on things that should and were in the public domain. People have been brainwashed into think there was a single inventor of the light bulb (No, Edison was not the only guy working on it!) , computers, movie and story characters and so on. Take Dracula. There were stories before that were about vampires, it just happens that his book was the most popular, but at the time Varney the Vampire was written 50 years before and Stoker took the stuff from that. Disney claiming the rights to the Arabian nights, Google to it's "unique" search engine (As if there was no one else trying to build a better one!). So, you need someone that is willing to really go to the mat to fight these guys as this is basically a cultural problem of winner take all, and I mean EVERYTHING.

• Like 8

Well I challenged him this very moment. Let's see. I know who holds the copyright to the movie so I'm curious what he or his minions will produce. Fuck 'em!

• Like 4

Maybe it's a stupid idea that can't be done, but perhaps you could encrypt your subtitles in order that they can be read only by the people who buy you dvds...

• Like 5

Secret Executioner
4 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

if you don't mind me asking, but how did they they steal it? Maybe a one of the customer's uploaded it onto a torrent site maybe?

That intrigues me as well.

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
25 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I am betting someone shared it with a friend and then a friend and blam!

Happens every... single... time. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Maybe it's a stupid idea that can't be done, but perhaps you could encrypt your subtitles in order that they can be read only by the people who buy you dvds...

You can hardcode subs (so they're in the picture rather than selectable) but there are ways to get past that if someone is dedicated enough.

• Like 4

This might not be the same situation, but maybe this information can help

I run a Youtube channel where I subtitle Chinese movie trailers into English. There have been a few posted on this forum before (that's how I found this forum).

I have noticed that a few other smaller (and in one case, a very large) Youtube channels have stolen my trailers and re-uploaded them.

So what, they're trailers right? The thing is it's hard work to do subtitles. It;s not just a translation, its about getting the vibe of the conversation right too.

I am a little smart with what I do. I watermark my work - but that's not enough, shifty channels will either crop it out, blur it out or cover over it. They also cut out my intro and closing screens and copy over my "Translation Copyright The Arty Dans" banner I stick at the end.

So my next step is to add random watermarks over the video, here and there for a few frames.

I now add my "copyright translation the arty dans" banner towards the middle of the frame, as well as adding another watermark during the trailer that says this trailer has been subtitled by me and should be on my channel only.

Seems a little petty, right?

How it works, is that YouTube use all this to determine who the original video works belongs to. Now, if the studio comes over the top and claims the video, fair enough, that's great. It not only penalizes me, but anyone else who reuploads the video.

But usually YouTube will see the original upload time and date and say "yep, thats from your channel"

YouTube (at least in the cases for me) have sometimes asked me for more information about how the trailer is mine. I tell them I use a distinct font, size and timing for my subtitles. For someone else to do that exact same thing it would be too much of a coincidence.

But the other thing I do is deliberate syntax and translation errors. This makes it unique to my channel. The "Official" translation won't make mistakes, but I will.

For example, in my Kung Fu Mulan trailer which was stolen by a channel with 500K subs (so they were monetising it), they passed it off as "official". They cut out my intro, cropped half of my watermark and blurred the rest. While I pointed out to YouTube that the blur was in the picture, I also told them about the deliberate mistranslation. I told them what the translation should be, and that there was no way an official sub would make the same mistake I did.

TL:DR

My advice, when you create the subs, export a hardcoded version and upload it to a YouTube Channel. Make it unlisted. When the asshole steals your work, report the video and send a copyright takedown. When YouTube asks for more information, tell them everything. 

• Like 14