Borat - Subsequent Moviefilm (2020 - Amazon Prime)

laagi

So Amazon purchased this for a cool $80 mil. Was it worth it? Who knows. It's entertaining enough and pretty much what you'd expect from Borat 2. One thing that stuck with me after the credits rolled is how used we got to some sh*t. It seems nowadays you can get away with pretty much everything. I mean look at some world leaders what outlandish stuff they're just letting out unfiltered. There's quite a few scenes that sould make you cringe but truth be told they almost feel normal. Probably that's the biggest disappointment with the movie. Nevertheless if you liked the first one or Cohen's humor be sure to check this out.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

I enjoyed it a lot. Not as good as Borat, but it made me laugh all the way through, which is all I ask of a comedy! The real plaudits though have to go to Maria Bakalova. She displays even more gall than Baron Cohen in what she does with absolute commitment.

• Like 4

Personally, I didn’t like it all that much. Borat’s schtick is pretty tiresome these days even if he is taking the piss out of modern issues. Plus, I didn’t really find the jokes all that funny.

• Like 2

Watched it yesterday, theres nothing quite like Cohens humour and I was very pleased with it as a sequel. The first first movie were more shocking just because of the fact it was first and we werent as familiar with this kind of films. Borat 2 definately had some great moments and were a fun watch! 

• Like 4

NoKUNGFUforYU

I like him, agree with him on a lot of issues, but I dozed off towards the end. My wife can't stand him, so it didn't help matters. That being said, I will give it another shot.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I like him, agree with him on a lot of issues, but I dozed off towards the end.

Me too. It was a fun watch, I enjoyed, but when I ran out of chips, I just blacked out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Secret Executioner
3 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

but when I ran out of chips, I just blacked out.

So that's why movie theaters often sell snacks. To help you stay awake through bad movies. Got it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2