Do you want a HK movie w/ Jet Li vs. Wu Jing?

Guest W Hong

Do any of you want a HK movie to be produced that would show a fight scene between Jet Li and Wu Jing(of "SPL")? Or does that sound like a bad idea because Li is getting a little bit older, so WJ might obviously fight better?

I did see the U.S. "Fearless" in a theatre, but I can't remember how Jet's fighting was. I have lots of interest in renting/buying the Director's Cut DVD however, after reading the KungFuCinema website and this forum. Is the new "Fearless" D'sC DVD known to be a HK import(e.g., Universe Co., Mei Ah)?

Also, about "Rogue". I called Lionsgate about a week ago. They said they don't really know the release date right now. It might not come out next month.

If the Jet/Wu Jing fight scene doesn't sound good, then would you rather see:

1.Wu Jing vs. Tony Jaa(which was reported on the Internet for "SPL 2" or some other WJ movie, but it said Tony's schedule would've gotten in the way)

2. WJ vs. Vincent Zhao(maybe already done in HK TV

but what about a movie?)

3. WJ vs. Chris Yen(although she's not that pretty for an actress IMO)

4. Different mixes from above choices

5. Other possible choices(Louis Fan Siu Wong, "Drunken Monkey" actress-Shannon Yao?, Shannon Lee, etc.)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Beat TG

I would like to see Jet make a movie with Donnie Yen where they are against each other but a twist in the middle leds them to become allies in order to achieve one and the same goal. Once that goal's done, they become enemies again. Doesn't have to be either a period movie or a modern day actioner (always wanted these two to make a transition into modern action movies though), as long as it's promising. does that sound good enough?:b

But for real, I there are many underrated screenfighters that needs to be showcased properly. Look what Donnie did with Wu Jing, now Collin Chou and Xing Yu are next in line. Maybe Donnie could hire Chiu Man Cheuk or Louis Fan for future projects, that would be great.

Guest limubai2000
Is the new "Fearless" D'sC DVD known to be a HK import(e.g., Universe Co., Mei Ah)?

Edko R3 from HK. Shipping already from your favorite internet retailer. It is by far Li's best fights since probably the OUATIC series or Fist of Legend.

Wu and Jet might be a nice fight scene to watch.

Guest Yi Long

First of all: Jackie Chan go @#%$ off as far as I'm concerned.

The guy was great in the mid-80's and early 90's, and I'm sure he still has the skills to do good on-screen martial arts...

...but he certainly doesnt have a clue as to what his fans want from him, so instead he's been wasting everyone's time these last 10 years orso making silly crappy useless movies.

Obviously I'd love to see him make a big comeback in the martial arts genre, but I doubt it will be happening any day soon.

Ok, back on-topic: Sure I'd love to see Jet vs Wu Jing, or Tony vs Jet, or Wu-Jing vs. Tony, etc etc.

But more important would be that the movie would be a; an action or martial arts movie, and b; would have a talented director and choreographer so these guys will look their best.

Jet Li and Jackie are supposed to be in a movie together soon, and it turns out it will be a lame kiddie movie where they wont even fight eachother, nor are they the lead characters or whatever. So that's no use and just a waste. Whoever thought of that idea should be kicked in the head repeatedly by Van Damme.

Guest HungKuen
Chris Yen(although she's not that pretty for an actress IMO)

Neither is Jackie, but that doesn't stop him from being an actor.

Guest limubai2000
Jet Li and Jackie are supposed to be in a movie together soon, and it turns out it will be a lame kiddie movie where they wont even fight eachother, nor are they the lead characters or whatever. So that's no use and just a waste.

I don't know where you got that from but it is wrong info. Jet is playing 2 characters and Jackie 1, they are both playing main characters in the movie which is a version of Journey to the West. I believe Jet is also playing a minor character that has limited screen time.

I don't think it will be a "kiddie" movie, a "safe" movie is probably more accurate with a PG or PG-13 rating. Given the story they are adapting they would be hard pressed to use hardcore fights in it.

But yes it is a waste IMHO with both Jackie and Jet having somewhat of a career resurgence with NPS, Rob-B-Hood and Fearless I would think they could come up with some better concept for their joint project. But remember when Columbia/TriStar/Sony got involved with funding it was gonna be a "safe" film before they announced the story of the film.

Maybe a dark police-triad film like SPL would be more in order for them in the fans eyes.

Guest carl douglas

YI LONG Regarding you comment '' xxxx off '' Jackie Chan. I think you should xxxxoff you cxxx!! That is no respect for a great entertainer whos been at the top of his game for over 30 years. Just because you dont like his movies from the pass few years doesn't mean other people share your views. I too think he hasn't made anything decent after the mid 80s apart from drunken master 2, but I still respect him for HIS decision to make films for a wider audience. Dont forget everybody is different!!

now come on there's really no need to insult another poster. as far as I'm concerned maybe he didn't phrase it very well but I think he was just voicing his exasperation (sp?) at Jackie's recent choice of films - something that I think we all agree. Now I'm not slagging you, but I am critising you for jumping on him and calling him a cXXX - no need. He did actually say 'as far as i'm concerned...' and as you say ypourself we are all different. I just can't stand it when people jump into insults striaght away as if the rest of us have missed the intervening argument. lets keep things civil

Archived