The Boys, Amazon Prime TV Series (2019-)

laagi

Yihetuan
3 hours ago, laagi said:

@SunChien I've literally had the same reaction :laugh

Reveal hidden contents

jt3mwxploy6d1.jpg

I read that...

Spoiler

human centipede

scene was banned in India lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

I read that...

Reveal hidden contents

human centipede

scene was banned in India lol

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Yihetuan
14 minutes ago, laagi said:

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Reminds the local populace of "Delhi belly"

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
18 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Reminds the local populace of "Delhi belly"

:puke

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yihetuan
7 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

:puke

You know it's bad when eating a** is more hygenic than taking your chances with Indian street food. 🤮

• Haha 2

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Excited Winnie The Pooh GIF

winniethepoohhoney.gif

The Poo has no hygiene standards himself. He must have like type 50 diabetes!

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
4 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

You know it's bad when eating a** is more hygenic than taking your chances with Indian street food. 🤮

Depends how you do it I guess.........................

E9PmyKS.gif

• Haha 2

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, laagi said:

If there's anything I learned from the recent McMahon lawsuit, he certainly has a weird fetish..........................

I do find Chris Rock funny but why the fuck does he have to shout! Calm down dear.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 1

SunChien

Just finished watching Episode 4 and what the actual fuck man, wow.

At least you get some background as to why Homelander is so fucked up.

I do like A-Train's redemption arc so far and hopefully doesn't get him killed, but then again I wouldn't be surprised.

Can't say I care much about Frenchie's side quest with Colin and whoever else from his past.

I get Hughie has the best of intentions but I don't think it's going to work the way he thinks it will.

• Like 1

@SunChien Starlight losing her sh*t was pretty crazy too but yeah Homelander keeps owning this series! I mean god damn.

Curious what they'll do with Kimiko's arc this season. A lot of the sideplots as you mentioned aren't really that interesting and seem to serve more as a distraction than anyhting esle.

Also 'The Deep' is one horny creep! Tough choices when it comes to a piece of ass I guess lol.

• Like 1

SunChien

Another batshit crazy episode of The Boys this week with Hughie's Dad being injected with the Compound V and that part of the story was sad.

Glad to see Gus Fring, I mean Stan Edgar's return and he's one of my favorite characters on the show who's not afraid of Homelander.

Seeing the V-infected animals on the farm was crazy especially the flying sheep and bulletproof chickens lol.

Hard to say if Joe Kessler is a real person or a figment of Butcher's imagination as we haven't seen him interact with other people so far this season.

I didn't think they would include characters from Gen V in the season, curious to see how it plays out.

Homelander's son is starting to turn into a little shithead thanks to his dad of course.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SunChien said:

Another batshit crazy episode of The Boys this week with Hughie's Dad being injected with the Compound V and that part of the story was sad.

Glad to see Gus Fring, I mean Stan Edgar's return and he's one of my favorite characters on the show who's not afraid of Homelander.

Seeing the V-infected animals on the farm was crazy especially the flying sheep and bulletproof chickens lol.

Hard to say if Joe Kessler is a real person or a figment of Butcher's imagination as we haven't seen him interact with other people so far this season.

I didn't think they would include characters from Gen V in the season, curious to see how it plays out.

Homelander's son is starting to turn into a little shithead thanks to his dad of course.

For whatever reason I wasn't too impressed with this latest episode. It's the lack of focus the entire season has that's getting a bit frustrating. There's just too much going on.

The V-ed up animals were nothing more than a gimmick which was already ruined by showing it in the trailer unfortunately. Surprised they didn't do more with this. The entire sub-plot seemed like a goose chase more than anything else.

Homelander is clearly losing it but at the same time I thought it was interesting how he manipulated his son into slowly turning him into a version of himself.

Sage is getting on my nerves and I want her to die... there I said it! Also not a fan that they inevitably had to bring in characters from Gen V which I refuse to watch.

Overall the season has its moments but it feels messy to me. Curious to see what they do with the remaining three episodes.

Full disclosure I like The Critical Drinker BUT...

This is a prime example of him (alongside his posse) trying to pander to a "certain" audience. Meanwhile missing the mark completely!

Slightly better than the last episode but still a mixed bag. Episode 6 had some pretty funny and as expected gross out moments.

One thing though they're doing Frenchie really dirty this season for whatever reason. I mean he's absent the entire episode and as of now I'm not sure he'll return any time soon.

Meanwhile we see the rest of the gang on yet another "scavenger hunt" which ends ups with Hughie getting sexually pleasured? or as I'd call it assaulted. At least Ashley is there too and did I mention she just ate asparagus? Meanwhile Homelander is getting yet another crack in his marbles. Sage being temporarily "retarded" was actually one of the funnier bits.

At this point I'm pretty much over some of "shock" moments which in this season seem to serve little to no purpose other than to be edgy! Weirdly enough it usually always revolves around some weird sexual stuff, not sure what that says about the producers but I'll leave it at that.

Starlight actress Erin Moriarty continues to be painful to watch because her face is pretty much devoid of any emotion. Stay away from plastic surgeries kids!

Butcher is having a moment of inner realization when he finally acknowledges what's happening to him. I'm sure most will have figured that shit out by themselves by now.

Oh yeah and we get a nod to season one I'm sure we've all been waiting for...

Slow Motion Face GIF by NRK P3

• Like 1

SunChien
7 hours ago, laagi said:

Slightly better than the last episode but still a mixed bag. Episode 6 had some pretty funny and as expected gross out moments.

One thing though they're doing Frenchie really dirty this season for whatever reason. I mean he's absent the entire episode and as of now I'm not sure he'll return any time soon.

Meanwhile we see the rest of the gang on yet another "scavenger hunt" which ends ups with Hughie getting sexually pleasured? or as I'd call it assaulted. At least Ashley is there too and did I mention she just ate asparagus? Meanwhile Homelander is getting yet another crack in his marbles. Sage being temporarily "retarded" was actually one of the funnier bits.

At this point I'm pretty much over some of "shock" moments which in this season seem to serve little to no purpose other than to be edgy! Weirdly enough it usually always revolves around some weird sexual stuff, not sure what that says about the producers but I'll leave it at that.

Starlight actress Erin Moriarty continues to be painful to watch because her face is pretty much devoid of any emotion. Stay away from plastic surgeries kids!

Butcher is having a moment of inner realization when he finally acknowledges what's happening to him. I'm sure most will have figured that shit out by themselves by now.

Oh yeah and we get a nod to season one I'm sure we've all been waiting for...

Slow Motion Face GIF by NRK P3

Just saw Ep 6 also and I found myself hitting the Fast Forward button quite a few times during this episode especially during Hughie's gross out session with Tek Knight and Ashley.

A-Train is on borrowed time now especially after saving MM.

I'm sure no one was surprised when it was revealed that Kessler was a hallucination by Butcher at the end of the episode.

It was okay but I don't think I'll be watching this episode again.

• Like 1

SunChien

Just watched Episode 7 and I thought it was the best one this season.

I have been enjoying A-Train's redemption arc so far in Season 4 but I fear for his survival in the season finale next week.

I enjoyed the brawl with Starlight/A-Train/Butcher vs. Black Noir 2/Deep.

I can see the shapeshifter trying to frame The Boys for trying to kill Neuman or Singer.

• Like 1

Oh boy(s)...

Thought I'd never see the day where I actually have to say I'm getting to the point now where I'm kind of done with this show.

Episode 7 once again deliverd on the "message" with all the subtlety of Butcher trying out a new chain-saw in a hospital supe-ward.

At the same time we're getting more edginess reaching new heights with doo doo jokes and animal cruelty. 

The writing this season is poor plain and simple. Most if not all characters are stuck chasing their own tail with little to no development. 

Kind of sad to see 'The Boys' decline in such spectacular fashion. I'm curious what they'll do with the last episode but my hopes aren't high.

Season 5 will hopefully pick up some of the pieces so at least they can go out with a bang.

• Like 1

SunChien
Posted (edited)

Just finished watching the finale and it was batshit crazy.

I thought it was a good episode to cap off the season as most of Season 4 was relegated to sidequests that were meaningless and toilet humor.

Now shit's hit the fan with the Supes in the White House and most of the Boys team are compromised.

Sage's plan came to fruition after all and looks like Firecracker is sick and end up in the doghouse with Homelander.

I'm guessing A-Train will make a return to help Starlight save MM, Hughie and Frenchie.

Edited by SunChien
  • Like 1

It was a pretty good finale I agree with my fellow watcher @SunChien here.

Clearly the weakest season so far with as mentioned way too many side-plots which in retrospect were clearly there just to take up screen time.

Homelander was particularly weak IMHO which is definitely a first and hopefully last. Shame what they did with Butcher although not a total surprise. Hughie getting down with "Starlight" not more than 20 times in a week was pretty hilarious!

Guess the little tease at the end does hint at the possible return of a fan favorite from S03 so I'm looking forward to that as well.

Let's hope they learn from their mistakes and send 'The Boys' off with one last big in your face bang!

• Like 1

AlexanderFu

Haha, I saw a GIF of Karl Urban from this show.

Didn't realize it was Eomer from Lord of the Rings. 

It's not bad.

• Haha 1