Pig faced monster kung fu movie ID help please

Vakanai

Question

I've been searching for an old martial arts movie I saw as a little kid back in the mid-nineties. I don't remember much, other than it looked like an 80s movie, maybe 70s, seemed to be set present/current time it was made (so not a period piece), had a group of martial artists (possibly a kung fu heist film? Some of the group died), and the most memorable thing that's stuck with me forever, the bad guy turned into a pig-or-boar faced monster for the final fight.

That's literally all I remember about it. I was young. Been searching for it, but Google was no help.

Thanks for any help!

It haunts me...

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

One Armed Boxer
15 hours ago, tdb said:

You could be describing Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky (1991).

I was giving this post 24 hours to see if anyone would chime in with another title, otherwise I was going to say exactly the same.

• Like 3

On 10/9/2020 at 8:02 AM, tdb said:

You could be describing Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky (1991).

That looks awesome, but I don't think so - doesn't look familiar (but still, I really want to see that now). A guy's face turns into a pig face in that one too?

However the trailer did help me remember something - the parts I remember best were less urban-y than shown there. Like I distinctly remember, either before or after the fight with literal pig face guy, some of the main cast flying in a helicopter over some heavily forested/jungle mountains.

I could be 100% wrong here if this is part of the plot or just what my brain came up with to explain what I had seen, but I think the martial arts group was either after something or trying to keep the villain from getting something. It doesn't help that I only saw like the last third of this film as a kid, but I'm pretty sure of the highlights if not the plot - martial arts, guy turns into a monster with a pig's face, helicopter over jungle mountains.

Oh (the more I write the more of my memory is jogged) as a kid I could have sworn it starred Jackie Chan. As an adult doing basic Google and wikipedia research, I think this isn't the case. But maybe there was an actor 30-ish years ago with a similar enough look to Jackie to fool a kid? It's something I'm iffy on now. Yeah, probably should ignore that bit.

That's all the memory I can seem to jog.

• Like 5

On 10/11/2020 at 6:09 AM, Killer Meteor said:

It sounds like Shaw's Heaven and Hell to me.

HeavenandHell+1980-28-b.jpg

Think more like a full face mask to get that boar look. Like if you've ever seen the old Swamp Thing movie where the bad guy turns into a monster (a theme in movies I remember apparently), it's similar to that level of production - aka not that good as far as masks go (albeit not like Power Rangers monsters either).

• Like 4