Best fight scenes of 2006

Guest D1 Ma

What fights do you think were the best in 2006?

I don't mean the whole movie, just the fights. It's not like there are lots of choices, but still...

My list:

1 - Fatal Contact

2 - Fearless( although, it had the best weapons fights)

3 - City of Violence

4 - Rob-B-Hood

5 - Tiger Dragon Gate

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

that duel to the death in the middle of Fearless easily wins it for me..altho, fatal contact had quite a few standout fights. nothing else this year outside the fights in Fearless and Fatal Contact impressed me.

Guest morgoth

Duel to the death with the swords in Fearless for sure. I would have liked a little hand to hand but it is still such an amazing scene. Easily my pick for movie of the year.

Guest tigerstyles

TOM YUM GOONG multiple attackers in suits and Nathan Jones battle end fight.

Fearless for HK style is on top

3rd place

SPL

Guest morgoth

Oops, totally forgot about Tom Yum Goong. Can't wait until it shows up at Best Buy pretty soon here so I can see the whole version. I would say this movie has at least 3 fights that compare to Fearless. And that would be the fight up the stairs, the capoiera guy, and the bone disclocating scene. It just doesn't get better than Tony Jaa in his prime. Hopefully this guy can keep up that incredible screen style he has for a while. It looks pretty physically demanding to say the least.

Guest fabhui

My top 3 would be the following based purely on the entertainment of the fight sequences, although 'City Of violence' would still be in the top posistion no matter what (top film!!!) :

1. City Of violence

2. Tom Yum Goong

3. Fearless

Guest Chinatown Kid

I loved the fights in The Protector and the fights Donnie has with Jing Wu and Sammo in SPL but wasn't too crazy over Fearless, I liked Jet's fights better in Danny The Dog.

Guest morgoth

While I am biased since I loved Fearless and could name all of my fights in order, I have to say that the sword fight was one of THE best fights I have seen in a while.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Well if SPL and The Protector were made in 2005 I'll have to go with Fearless then. There's no denying the fights were well choreographed in the traditional period style, I just hate the way it ended.

Guest morgoth

The end was a great scene. Not presented as well as it could have been but jet just sold it so well. Not often I have to mention that I may have cried a little bit. Wait, NO I DIDN'T!

Guest Chinatown Kid

Hey there's no shame in admitting that man, it was a sad ending that Jet handled well. :( I guess I just prefer those happy endings. ;)

Guest morgoth

While I didn't get the old crazy guy the movie had some good upbeat and comical moments. I do like movies on the darker side though. Requiem For a Dream is one of my fav. movies ever. Fearless is my favorite movie that I have seen in probably at least couple of years.

Guest theportlykicker

I haven't seen that much this year to be honest, with only the duel to the death in Fearless really impressing me. Some fights in Fatal Contact were pretty good too.

I've had far more entertainment watching indie stuff this year. These fights, in particular, rocked:

Wild- This one's awesome!

Cha Cha Chinaman- So is this! :P

I doubt anyone here will watch any of these, but I thought they were great nonetheless.

Guest limubai2000

1. Fearless

2. TYG

3. SPL

4. Dragon Tiger Gate

I haven't seen Fatal Contact or City of Violence yet.

And who cares if TYG and SPL came out in 2005, most of us saw them in 2006!

Guest The Running Man

Seeing as how it's a HK film it's more preferable to use Cantonese for what the name stands for, despite what the back of the HK DVD says which annoyingly uses the Mandarin, and it would be, "Sau Po Long".

If you watch the film, you'll know exactly what it stands for.

Guest The Running Man

Then give me a face dude! :\

You know...one of those...or these: :b

Can't read the context with just the words ya know? ;)

Archived