O/T:no Infernal Aff. credit in newspaperAd-The Departed

Guest W Hong

Slightly off topic(slightly because Andy Lau appeared in "Savior of the Soul"[which had swordfighting or other martial arts] and "HouseOFD"):

I noticed that the L.A. Times ads for "The Departed" have not included "Infernal Affairs" in the ad's credits. Do any of you know the reason for that, even though "The Departed" is supposed to be a U.S. remake of "IA"? Have you seen any other newspapers w/ the same situation for "TD"'s ad? It only says Media Asia, in the newspaper ad, for the U.S. remake's connection to "IA".

I missed the chance to see "IA" in some L.A. area theatres, so I still want to see it that way. Do you think that the HK version will re-released into limited theatres:

1.Now that Scorsese won the Golden Globe for Best Director for the remake.

2. If "TD" wins more awards which might cause the interest for the U.S. distributor(The Weinstein Co.?) of "IA".

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai

Not a huge loss. The original wasn't all that great, anyway.

Scorsese did give credit to the original in his acceptance speech at the Golden Globes.

KFS

Guest limubai2000

I think having any hope that IA would be generously displayed on Departed hope is a dream at best. I don't think Scorsese doesn't want everyone to know he couldn't come with an original script for a film, he had to borrow someone else's to make a great film. His last few were sadly lacking.

I think it might raise the profile of IA in the USA a bit, I doubt we would see any theatrical showings. I'd wager you'd see more festival appearances though. Maybe an increase in rentals as well.

I don't know if TWC took IA with them when they left Miramax, DD (TWC DVD label) is releasing IA 2 and 3 in Feb/Mar so we know they have those. I'm sure they will have some sort of sticker connecting them with Departed. Scorsese is now saying he wants to remake IA2 and 3 into Departed films, wonder how that will play out.

Guest moviegyrl
Scorsese did give credit to the original in his acceptance speech at the Golden Globes.

Well, at least he did better than Cameron Diaz, who misread (hopefully, it was a misread!) her cue-card. She called the film, "INTERNAL AFFAIRS." She was born blonde for a reason! ;)

Archived