Fight of Fury (2020) starring one Shuny Bee

udar55

MY GOD! Been a while since I've seen a martial arts vanity project of this caliber and this trailer has me dying. Just popped up on Amazon Prime for free. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

One Armed Boxer
16 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I almost want to watch that just to slam it. Instead I nominate @One Armed Boxer to have this "film" reviewed and Bramhall-ed.

I’m afraid I only review films that don’t involve inverted commas. :tongueout

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm excited to see this. On IMDb, it looks like he starred in one other movie, 2012's Gorkha Protector which is $0.99 on YouTube.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

"You don't have to say that, I already googled him" - some guy in this movie.

Guess we got our greatest movie line of the year. It's also pretty much the only thing I could make out, that's just telling you how horrible that English dub sounds.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2020 at 8:43 AM, ShaOW!linDude said:

This is actually available on Tubi. I am fighting the compulsion to see how bad it really is.

I'm also tempted to see how atrocious it is. 

• Like 3

I watched it on Tubi. I'm sure Guru Bee meant well but OMG. Where do I begin? It's like watching a 2020 movie with 80s throwback action with the really horrendous 70s style dubbing. Yes and during the fights you'll hear sporadic glass shattering but where the hell is the glass? I understand this is another cheap American film paying homage to Bruce (like Dr. Zee Lo's films and Bee's character is named Brandon and he teaches JKD) but they need to tighten certain shots in action and not reuse footage in various spots.

Warning...there is a cliffhanger so if there is a sequel they better fix everything wrong..but that's wishful thinking. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

This is The Room of martial arts movies. Not even Seagal had this much need to share his infinite wisdom in his movies. Being that Bee's character Brandon didn't get to fight Brutal, Bee is obviously planning a sequel. Someone should stop him.

What I'm interested in is, could Fight of Fury be a sequel to his previous movie, Gurkha Protector? 

• Like 2

Not trying to be mean or anything BUT seriously this shit has got to be a bad joke, right? And if not any member dare(d) to check this masterpiece out.

30 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

2.jpg.171813ebc82f475ad8cd969b386b4ac8.jpg

Christ Chuck Liddell has fallen on hard times!

For a moment there I was actually convinced it was him lol.

• Haha 1

KenHashibe

I saw this in early 2023, and really enjoyed it. Here's what I wrote on Letterboxd:

"Went into this expecting a "so-bad-it's-good" masterpiece, but I don't think it's on the same level as "The Room" or "Fateful Findings" or "2025". I did laugh a lot, but it was also extremely adorable and earnest. It's still a vanity project, no doubt, but it also had the vibe of a movie made by a group of kids for fun. Shuny Bee also cast his daughter as one of the main characters and gives her scenes where she fights bad guys, which is the most wholesome thing.

Again, this is most definitely a vanity project with horrendous fight scenes, hilarious dubbing and awful editing (and the story is basically worst-case-scenario Merantau), but it's also a movie I actually loved."

I did a deep dive on director/star Shuny Bee and found out he also starred a movie called Gorkha Protector in 2012 (haven't seen it but looks like a lot of fun), and he's working on Fight of Fury 2 (this teaser has been out for 3 years but no update on the actual film):

RedLetterMedia also covered Fight of Fury in their series Best of the Worst (their discussion starts at 29:23):

• Haha 1

@AlbertV and @KenHashibe not having watched this and only seeing the roast from DT. I mean you do get a bit of a "rapey vibe" here.

I mean for the outside viewer you can't shake of the feeling our main guy just needed an excuse to be around some young pus*y! Lord knows what he asked of them after the cut lol.

• Haha 1

KenHashibe
3 hours ago, laagi said:

@AlbertV and @KenHashibe not having watched this and only seeing the roast from DT. I mean you do get a bit of a "rapey vibe" here.

I mean for the outside viewer you can't shake of the feeling our main guy just needed an excuse to be around some young pus*y! Lord knows what he asked of them after the cut lol.

Hmmm, I can definitely see where you're coming from. Shuny Bee does the Neil Breen thing where he writes/directs/stars in a movie where he gives himself a (most likely) younger love interest. He also has an actual ad for his martial arts school in the movie where he says the exact address, plus there are many scenes of him teaching self-defense, so there's definitely a monetary motive as well.

Thankfully, he doesn't use the sex-trafficking plot as an excuse to show TnA. It's been a long time since I last saw it, but it came across as him being genuinely concerned about the issue of sex-trafficking, despite how misguided and amateurish the final product came out. :laugh But maybe if I rewatch it again, a bit more jaded, it'll come across as creepy.

Also, I need to see the DT roast, I'm a huge fan of them!

• Haha 2

On 8/16/2024 at 6:20 PM, KenHashibe said:

Hmmm, I can definitely see where you're coming from. Shuny Bee does the Neil Breen thing where he writes/directs/stars in a movie where he gives himself a (most likely) younger love interest. He also has an actual ad for his martial arts school in the movie where he says the exact address, plus there are many scenes of him teaching self-defense, so there's definitely a monetary motive as well.

Thankfully, he doesn't use the sex-trafficking plot as an excuse to show TnA. It's been a long time since I last saw it, but it came across as him being genuinely concerned about the issue of sex-trafficking, despite how misguided and amateurish the final product came out. :laugh But maybe if I rewatch it again, a bit more jaded, it'll come across as creepy.

Also, I need to see the DT roast, I'm a huge fan of them!

Are we certain that Shunny Bee isn't just trolling us with this feature? I mean c'mon he can't be that serious about it.