New MJagger show on ABC.Slight S Soccer ripoff

Guest W Hong

I saw the first episode of the new ABC-TV show on Wednesday nights called "The Knights of Prosperity". The beginning of that show seemed a lot like "Shaolin Soccer" because:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW

1. a. "TKoP"-Actor Donal Logue played a janitor. He cleans a toilet and then says to the other janitors that he wants to do something new. Logue then brings together a group of guys to make money in a big way.

b. "ShaolinS"-A similar scene near the beginning where Stephen's friend is also a janitor and cleaning a toilet. Stephen then says that he has an idea for a higher paying job for them both. Stephen's character brings together a group of friends from the past to make money in a pretty big way. His way to make money is by making them all a soccer team again, and to try to win the tournament prize.

2. a. TKoP- Donal's group is called "The Knights of Prosperity", and a woman later on joins the group. She is the only main character who is female.

b. SS- Stephen's team is later joined by (one of my favorite Chinese actresses)Vicki Zhao Wei's character. Vicki plays the only main character who is female.

One of the characters says "Wheels on Meals"(although not a Stephen movie). So that sounds like one of the producers or writers is a pretty big fan of HK movies. I know I'm probably being kind of hard for a new TV show, which has Mick Jagger and David Letterman(?) as some of the Exec. Producers. It was only about the first half of the episode that seemed like "SS", so it's probably not a total ripoff. I just thought I'd tell you guys anyway.

In that show after "TKoP", Kelly Hu still seems to be really pretty.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SilentJay32

Um, that's some extremely tenuous links. I mean, every crime caper story starts off almost exactly the same way. It's a fundamental part of the genre, actually.

Archived