Seventh Curse theme?

TibetanWhiteCrane

Question

TibetanWhiteCrane

Can anyone identify the smooth theme playing at the beginning and again at 3:15 of the trailer and also featured in the movie itself? I'm assuming it's not an original piece done for the film but a "borrowed" score bit. Thanks.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

I tried using Google to id the music, but it drew a blank.  For a test I tried it on a snippet of the Mission Stardust (1967) soundtrack and it was able to id the song in about 10 seconds.  I know this wasn't particularly exhaustive, but it would not be unreasonable to think that at least that part of The Seventh Curse (1986) soundtrack was original.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane

Thanks for trying, and yes, it's definitely possible it's an original piece, maybe even DeWolfe. It just has a certain late 70's-early 80's TV theme vibe to it, so I assumed it might hav been lifted from something else.

• Like 1

• Administrator

I wasn't sure if I was just remembering it from seeing THE SEVENTH CURSE, or actually recognizing the music from elsewhere, so I asked a friend. He's like a walking encyclopedia for film (though not as well versed in Asian cinema, he's seen much more of it than the average film-goer, many thanks to me) and I had high hopes that he'd be able to ID it for you, but he said it didn't sound familiar.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane

Thanks for the effort, Bob. Yeah, maybe it's just one of those pieces that sound familiar. There's just something that tells me it's lifted from something else, though I'm basing that on nothing but a vibe.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Thanks for the effort, Bob. Yeah, maybe it's just one of those pieces that sound familiar. There's just something that tells me it's lifted from something else, though I'm basing that on nothing but a vibe.

It does have a suave detective-ish/spy-ish, Bondish (Connery's Bonds) feel to it. 

• Like 3